A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 318,336
Currently Running With Scissors:
289 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Epic scrap fiber project, piano hinge book. Photo dense tutorial.  (Read 1485 times)
Tags for this thread: piano_hinge , book , tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Enetrian12
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017 06:26:43 AM »

This is one of my favorite things I've seen so far here on Crafster! Didn't think anyone would know shibori so that makes me extremely happy Smiley Would love to see this in a livestream on picarto.tv for example 'cause I've been dying to see somebody do this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Crafting is the best medicine.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017 07:26:42 AM »

Thank you Smiley. We had a shibori workshop among other things here last summer at the "Poutine or Bust" Craftster meet-up, it was so excellent.
I don't know what  livestream on picarto.tv are, I am not very techy, but it would be quite difficult to film the making of this even on fast forward with lots edited out. Each step took multiple hours as I figured out how to make things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enetrian12
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017 04:42:30 AM »

Thank you Smiley. We had a shibori workshop among other things here last summer at the "Poutine or Bust" Craftster meet-up, it was so excellent.
I don't know what  livestream on picarto.tv are, I am not very techy, but it would be quite difficult to film the making of this even on fast forward with lots edited out. Each step took multiple hours as I figured out how to make things.

Wow, I didn't know that there were shibori workshops! Sounds pretty cool though, would like to visit one someday.
Well, picarto.tv is a creative livestreaming website where people can show off their art (like really any art) and people can watch the whole process of how a picture or basically anything else is created. I, for myself love watching those since I'm an aspiring artist as well and I love actually watching this whole process. But yeah, you need to be a little tech-savvy to make this whole thing work. But I'd love to watch a livestream of this someday Smiley I mean, drawing is cool and everything, but something like shibori would definitely be something different!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Crafting is the best medicine.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017 05:06:39 AM »

I recently saw a shibori workshop at a local arts venue but it is very similar to tie dye so a class on that would teach the basics.  Several members of this site came to my home town last summer for a get together and a couple of us brought the elements of a project to share. There was paper crafting, stumpwork embroidery, Alwaysinmyroom[/u] brought indigo and showed us all how to do shirobi dying. It was so much fun. I am a collector of every little bit of scrap left over from everything so the string was given to me, lol.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017 05:07:39 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

monstervomit
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017 07:13:19 PM »

so awe inspiring! from the vibrant colors to the thread scraps, simply gorgeous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fold Out ATC
I'm Meltingggg!
Meatless Monday: Croissant Bread Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...