A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,289
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2017 QuiltAlong  (Read 5134 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2017 09:07:41 AM »

A friend of mine recently started her own dream business of doing long arm quilting!  I am very excited because I love the piecing part and hate the quilting part. I also like doing the binding...between her skills and mine, I am hoping more quilts actually get done this winter!!  She takes mail orders so if anyone is interested...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amazon_warrior
You say "scientist or artist?" like they're mutually exclusive.

I like big quilts and I cannot lie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2017 09:09:05 AM »

I have been woefully lax in any actual quilt projects. I have been buying fabrics, and looking at patterns, but any actual quilting has been non-existant...

Same.  Sad  Although I made a bag a couple of weeks ago that I'm quite proud of (although I'm in the middle of re-doing the lining because I fluffed it a bit the first time, and I want to add a grab handle), and I jut finished a cushion for my niece for her birthday.  Will take some pics in a bit...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2017 09:14:54 AM »

A friend of mine recently started her own dream business of doing long arm quilting!  I am very excited because I love the piecing part and hate the quilting part. I also like doing the binding...between her skills and mine, I am hoping more quilts actually get done this winter!!  She takes mail orders so if anyone is interested...

I might have to look into this... Because, I have plans to make some quilts, but don't want to mess them up with badly done (meaning, by me) quilting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Immaculata

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2017 01:26:19 PM »

I don't usually quilt a lot during the summer. It can get quite hot in my craft room. I can take my sewing machine downstairs but my quilting soon takes over the whole living room .... I work on my hexie project during winter. We like to watch Netflix under a blanket and the hexie project is already big enough to cover us while I'm stitching away.

I bought many yards of a Robert Kaufman christmas flannel last week, but not for a quilting project. As we sadly don't have a lot of close family, we celebrate christmas with friends in the same situation. One day we cook nice food and dress up and one day we spend in our pyamas, watch films and eat leftovers. I'm going to sew everyone matching pyama pants and put them under the tree.

We are also getting married some time in the future (we got engaged in Dec 16, but we didn't actually pick a date yet) and I'd like to make us a special wedding quilt. I've already picked out the sampler I'm going to cross stitch, but I haven't found the right quilt pattern yet. I'm definitely going to have that one professionally quilted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2017 01:54:53 PM »

Sounds like you have come up with some personal and lovely traditions of your own!

Congrats on getting married soon...better work on that quilt...time goes by so quickly once you set a date...lol....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

flamingo obsessed

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2017 05:32:24 AM »

. I'm going to sew everyone matching pyama pants and put them under the tree.

this is such a good idea. We do a lot of lounging around in our pjs at christmas too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, for supplies, surprises, flamingo themed things and general silliness

I would love to get my hands on charlie harper fabric.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Immaculata

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2017 11:39:52 AM »

Sounds like you have come up with some personal and lovely traditions of your own!

Congrats on getting married soon...better work on that quilt...time goes by so quickly once you set a date...lol....

I wish we could get over with it and be married already! The vow itself holds a lot of meaning to us, which is why we want to be married. But all the hassle surrounding it ... we've been putting it off because we're not looking forward to that part. We've considered eloping but we're not sure it would mean less fuss (although it would be after the wedding, not before). Whenever you let it slip that you're engaged everybody just seems to get hysterical. We're determined to have a low-key wedding.

I'm still kind of stuck on the wedding quilt. I want to make a heritage type quilt, a quilt we're going to cherish for a long time. I'm thinking of a 1930s style quilt because they seem fresh and modern but not so fashionable that they will look outdated in a few years. I'm not an extremely skilled quilter so the pattern shouldn't be too difficult, and I'd prefer to buy all the fabrics from the same range for this project as I'm not 100% confident matching fabrics. I do a lot of scrap quilts these days because in the past I have messed up pretty badly matching fabrics, even when I asked for advice at the shop beforehand. But then I want something really nice and not 13 a dozen either. And something not too girly because my fiance wil object. I know this sounds totally contradictory, which is why I'll probably need some more time to decide  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...