A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 315,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
229 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2017 QuiltAlong  (Read 10911 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017 02:42:23 PM »

Ooh love your collage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017 04:23:59 PM »

Challenge 1: Post a collage or set of pics (personally I love making collages via Picmonkey, it's free and easy) of all the quilt projects you made last year! (since we're starting late this year, feel free to do last year but up until now) I only finished, like 2 lol! If you did more than, say, 8 feel free to just pick your faves.

Ok I just finished 1 of these last weekend and another is like a 4 inch coaster lol! So, yeah, pretty much just 2 finishes last year!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017 08:05:04 AM »

Oh, the quilts are fun. The anchor and flags ones especially.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017 10:35:10 AM »

Challenge #1

2017 goals

Finishes

Bot shirt quilt
Qbs9 granny squares
Green green
We suck at birdwatching
Mini art quilt

Commissions

Potter double
T-shirt x2
Sister Ethel
Agnes blue

I'm in a weird place with quilts right now. I have a couple opportunities to be in store fronts in my touristy town. One already has some orphan quilts. The other one is a super arty hipstery place. So... I have to make some quilts. Lots of quilts.  Lucky. I have lots of ideas.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017 06:40:37 AM »

i'm a 6th grade science teacher, so my quilting time is usually restricted to mid-year vacations and the summer. I'm fairly new to quilting, so I'm hoping that this year I can expand my skills.

My list:
1. Jelly Roll Race Quilt (I have the top finished, but I want to try to free-motion quilt it)
2. Paper pieced baby-sized quilt
3. Granny's Garden Path (made with EPP hexagons that are appliqued on)
4. Something with HST's or Flying Geese
1. Some sort of t-shirt quilt, but not one that has big blocks with the shirt fronts
2. Strip Quilts- I have 2 jelly rolls that I want to play with
3. Something with some Star Wars fat quarters... but I don't know what (maybe something with HSTs)
4. Fisherman's Ladder (this looks like it's a little more advanced, so that's why it's at the bottom of the list Smiley )
5. The "I Want to Believe" mini quilt
6. Embroidery Sampler Quilt (from the Craftsy class I have)

I also have some Row-By-Row panels that I'd like to turn into a wall hanging for my classroom. And, I have a couple of quilt patterns I'd like to try out. So, my list might not be entirely accurate because I don't have any "must have" quilts. I've been collecting some patterns (and a kit), plus some fabrics.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017 02:53:34 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Amazon_warrior
You say "scientist or artist?" like they're mutually exclusive.

I like big quilts and I cannot lie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017 07:35:14 AM »

Heya, I'm Heulwen and I'm a freelancer copyeditor.  Smiley  Quilting has become a major hobby for me in the last four years - I've even done a couple of commission quilts.  It has to fit around the "day job", though!

This year, I'm hoping to get rid of some WIPs that have been loitering around for too long.  It's quite a list so I'll just add the more "urgent" (or likely to get done!) ones for now.

1. Mini Art Quilt for a swap (almost done)
2. Two lil Project Linus quilts (made the tops, need to pick backing fabric, quilt & bind)
3. Sister's wedding quilt - needs quilting (ideally before their 6th anniversary in June! Shocked )
4. Paper Cranes quilt - most of the blocks are from a Craftster block swap, I started making a few more just last week, will by QAYG
5. Scrappy Irish Chain - needs a border, then I can get on w/ quilting 'cos I already have a Plan

Challenge #1

I didn't think I'd been that busy last year, but apparently I was!  There were quite a few non-quilty projects, too, but obviously I didn't add those.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017 02:50:52 PM »

Challenge #1:

I only completed one quilt last year. I finished one on New Year's Eve in 2015 (finished 12/31/15), and I've made 2 this year with my mom (matching baby quilts).

So, here's my total 2016 production, with the 2 from this year:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017 02:59:27 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Immaculata

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017 11:39:50 AM »

Hi, I'm Susanne! I'm late twenties, from the Netherlands, and currently working as the finance person in a small business while doing a law degree parttime. I'm nearly done with my degree and it's tax season in my job, so I'm quite busy at the moment but looking forward to a summer with lots of quilting!

I didn't get too much done last year either, I managed just two:

In Full Bloom Quilt, I did the blocks years ago, just needed put it together

Ready, set, go! quilt for a friend's baby boy. Baby boy got this one for his 3d birthday ...  Roll Eyes

Plans for this year:
- I participated in the hexie swap and received a pile of 2" hexies. I received literally hundreds of hexies and squares of fabric and I'm nearly done sewing them up. I will need to make a lot more because I want this one to be bed sized.

- My boyfriend and I have decided to get married. We'll only have a small wedding (no date yet, but probably spring 2018) but I want to celebrate this special occasion by making a special heirloom quilt. I haven't decided the design yet. I'm looking for something that's not too boring, it needs to have a bit of "edge" , but I also don't want to make it too trendy as it's not supposed to look old fashioned in five years. Having it professionally quilted is in my wedding budget  Tongue

-I'm in the Mini Art Quilt Swap, but of course I can't say anything about that.

-I'd love to do another round of the hexie swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

With even more hair!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017 04:25:23 AM »

Excellent, this is a really good quiltalong, I am looking forward to it. Like Alwaysinmyroom I am a fabricaholic, however since i live in a place where there are few (and rubbish) fabric shops, I buy fabric whenever and where ever I see it, even if I don't have a use for it. Actually now that I think of it that is a good thing, because not having cute fabrics pushed me in the direction of dyeing and fabric printing. I do a lot of lino cuts. It probable that if I could just run to the shop when I needed a specific fabric that I would never have taken up lino cutting.

anyway about me. I am Edel, I live in Ireland and will turn 50 in July. As I keep rabbiting on about, I am going on a road trip this summer to the USA and have plans to meet loads of wonderful craftsters, I am sooooo excited. It is likely that I will pick up some fabric when I am there Wink pesky airlines and their weight limits, may be an issue.

This quiltalong may help me reduce some of my stash, which is a bit silly at the moment, I have fabrics that I bought in London 30 years ago, I have fabrics that I bought when I lived in australia, over 12 years ago. Plus some from my last USA trip, which was 8 years ago. I have a problem! Then I see those sad pictures of yard sales of quilters and the mountains of fabric, I have no plans to die soon, but I would like to use up some of my fabric before I go.

enough rambling (can you tell i am putting of going in and sorting out my craft room)

1-sweater quilt for me
2-tee-shirt quilt for Mollie
3-tiedyed fabric quilt for Mollie
4-pretty pink(?) quilt for my bed-maybe from my pinterest.

Always in my room I would be interested to see your flow chart, it sounds like something I could use
immaculata I love that your quilt is in your wedding budget
slothy you forgot to mention that you are a quilting machine, you make quilts faster than anyone ever, and I love that batman(?) quilt
Amazon_warrior that weekender bag is fabulous, I love it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you. Make me something for my wedding in june (pink and white) and I'll make yourself something lovely

www.pinterest.com/edelc
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

With even more hair!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017 04:44:28 AM »

Challenge 1, my collage (OK I have just realised that one of those is a 2017 quilt, it is the sweater quilt -top right-for the geezer swap, I plan to make one similar for me)

there is a close up showing fabric I printed with my daughters initial, that quilt is on her bed, the rest were craftster swaps or gifts.

The hexxie was my first (and last) hexxie attempt, it is over printed with a bee lino cut. The pouches in the corner of the collage, also have some printed fabric, Mushrooms in red and butterflies in grey.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017 04:48:09 AM by edelC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you. Make me something for my wedding in june (pink and white) and I'll make yourself something lovely

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...