A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
149 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Trading Cards #2 SEND OUT May 20  (Read 38428 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017 02:08:01 PM »

Ooooooooh - I may in on this one again.... the last one had my stamped mini me.... I am not sure what to do for this one though...

What? What's with this "may" business? Unless, you know, you mean because send outs are in May. That must be it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017 04:15:52 PM »

Ooooooooh - I may in on this one again.... the last one had my stamped mini me.... I am not sure what to do for this one though...

Oh, you have to join, Bonnie! I'm certainly not going to pass up this round, even though I'm crazy busy at the moment. But all that will be over long before the send-out date.

I also want to get or make a proper binder for my cards from the first round. I have them in plastic pages, but they're just sitting around on the desk. They deserve better.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017 05:25:02 PM »

I am so glad I accidentally opened the "Hottest New topics" post by accident, because I would have been pretty mad if I missed this!

I am definitely going to sign up, and will start thinking about what my "photo" will look like... And, I want to put different info on the back, so I'm going to have to look at the ones I have from the first round so I can borrow some ideas Smiley  And, I definitely want to swap with everyone! I get a little OCD about having complete sets of things...  Smiley

And, thanks for the reminder about the "non-standard" envelopes. Since a couple of mine came unstuck, I'm going to stick with regular envelopes this time!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017 06:07:26 PM »

I loved all the hand made envelops! After hearing about some cards getting loose I just layered mine with so much tape they ended up being hard to get into Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017 06:50:15 PM »

I will try to make some suitable envelopes for this! I have been saving all the cards, notes and envelopes from the ATC swaps I've been in and have made a small journal to keep track of the swaps. This will give me plenty of great material to make another journal as well! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017 07:42:42 PM »

I loved all the hand made envelops! After hearing about some cards getting loose I just layered mine with so much tape they ended up being hard to get into Cheesy.

If I have time, I may posh the plain ones up a bit Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
bec99
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017 09:50:36 PM »

Q sent. I know postage will be expensive from Australia but hubby will be away for a few months so we won't be spending much money so I can afford postage, that's how I'm looking at it haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love cross stitching, PM me for personal swaps Smiley
emilywilde
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017 07:34:30 AM »

I bought a new sheet of international stamps about a month ago in anticipation for this swap. ( and also because I couldn't find the last few from last year  Cheesy )
I've been keeping the last round of cards in my ATC binder, but I do really like the idea of creating something special to keep them in, maybe a kind of junk journal style thing. Then the question is, do I make a new book for every round, or try to keep spaces open for multiple craftsters cards, which would be a really big book?!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017 07:39:18 AM »

I have them in those sleeves that hold 9 cards, that way I can see both sides. I'm thinking I will likely have extra TM squares left over after making a sewing machine cover so maybe I will make a cover for the binder that holds the sleeves. Seems sort of appropriate to have the cards inside a book decorated with patches from people here. It will take a long time and many rounds to fill a binder I think, I could include a swap log and still have room for at least a couple of years. Then I'll have a reason to make another one, yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017 07:43:11 AM »

LOL - you guys are seriously tempting me - I was thinking of a swap hiatus for a bit - focus on cleaning up the shame piles in the house, especially since we are doing a big reno in terms of changing windows, etc, and I really really need to focus on the garden.... but then again, I am thinking of what my grad school nursing pic would look like as a stamp....  or the one of me in 5th grade with pigtails in happy face hair bobbles....

Or what of one of my favourite picture of Jim - he is holding the cutest, tiniest little toad in his hand and looks so happy!  

Or just my avatar - Toby, the canine first love of my life!

I love my cards - they are in a small bamboo box where I can flip through them every once in awhile - I am inspired by the different looks and techniques, and you all bring a smile to my face, if not an outright laugh!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017 07:45:45 AM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...