A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
239 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Traveling Little Visitor Swap Round 25 Gallery  (Read 21435 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2017 09:10:21 AM »

So sorry we've been MIA! At least we got over to big island before school started back up, to see some of the youngest bits of earth!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eamea
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2017 03:16:45 PM »

Apparently last week was all about questionable food choices.  Roll Eyes  On the way to dinner a friend and I stopped in to see another friend in his shop.  I had Clara all set up on the tire, but he wanted to be in the picture.  Not a problem, but after the Roto Rooter guy I was a little gun shy about asking men to be in the picture.

After we left there we went to Crown Candy for dinner.  It's a candy shop and soda fountain that has been in business since 1913.  I had the heart-stopping BLT with cheese and a chocolate marshmallow shake.  They use homemade ice cream - so good!

DH and I were out at estate sales, and we stopped in at Lubeley's Bakery for some breakfast.  It was founded in 1937 and has moved a couple of times, and they're now located on Route 66 (called Watson Rd. for that stretch).  I've passed this place often, but it's the first time I've actually stopped in.  I would definitely like to try some of their other desserts.

And just to prove that sometimes I go to places that aren't food related, here's a picture of a fire break in rural Missouri.  Sorry for getting part of the car in the shot, but I was on a curve without a shoulder and had to stop as briefly as possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's one in every family, and I'm an only child.
mandykaye
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2017 08:20:42 AM »

We went to the county fair last night! Dino watched some barrel racing and met some of the show animals!

This little bunny was so cute! It looked like it had eye liner on!

Dino on the steps of a massive new fancy (super expensive) tractor!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ongoing ATC swaps!!!
Pinterest/Instagram
Alexampersandra
Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2017 02:07:38 PM »

Rosie and I have been a little quiet lately but we made cookies today!

They're s'mores cookies... dark chocolate chip cookies with marshmallows added! (Lesson learned: add the marshmallows on top of each cookie instead of mixing them in, or they'll melt and leak out all over the place and you'll have tiny puddles of caramel on the pan.) But they aren't half bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2017 08:44:59 PM »

Apparently last week was all about questionable food choices.  Roll Eyes  On the way to dinner a friend and I stopped in to see another friend in his shop.  I had Clara all set up on the tire, but he wanted to be in the picture.  Not a problem, but after the Roto Rooter guy I was a little gun shy about asking men to be in the picture.
I love when random people want to be in LV photos!  Grin

And just to prove that sometimes I go to places that aren't food related, here's a picture of a fire break in rural Missouri.  Sorry for getting part of the car in the shot, but I was on a curve without a shoulder and had to stop as briefly as possible.
First off, the food looks awesome. LOL Second, the fire break pic reminds me of where I'm from in rural PA; we used to have those there but to be honest, I was so young I never knew/realized that's what they were for!

Saturday, we swung by the first Cost Plus World Market to open in the Tampa Bay Area at the new Clearwater location. We wound up with a sampling of international candy and soda. Lots of other people found items to buy as well as this was the line. (After we had been in it awhile nonetheless!)

Sunday, we drove around trying out yet more recliner chairs. (It's one of those things you just need to sit in them to see if you like them) After, we were starving, so we stopped off for dinner and I was amused at this chicken...um, sculpture? out front. Aurora wanted to do her best, "I'm king of the world!" from the top. LOL

(click either pic for larger.)

So far I've found 2 recliners I like but there is a vast difference in cost and it's hard to justify spending so much on something I'm buying out of short-term need vs actual desire. I mean, we'll obviously keep it so I want to like it because it will be furniture in our living room for years, and yes, I will be living and sleeping in it for like a month so I better like it, but...ugh. So. Much. Money.

Anyway, no decisions yet. Aurora liked all of them so she wasn't much of a help. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
NathanielM93
« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2017 02:40:49 PM »

We went to a special wonderful beautiful place this weeked called Castlefest which is a pagan/folk music festival/renfair/fantasy and geeky gathering.
It's held on the beautiful grounds of Keukenhof:

We camped there all weekend:

We had good food:

Wandered around the fair:

Listened to great music:

Danced a lot:

And met some interesting people:

We're still recovering from my return to the real world Wink Batteries reloaded, it was great Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eamea
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2017 07:54:33 PM »

PFD, did you consider the chicken statue as a recliner?  I'm thinking you could ride it backwards with your back against it's neck.  It would be both a comfortable and stylish addition to your living room I'm sure!  Grin  Shocked

And met some interesting people:
LOL this is probably my favorite understatement of the day!  That does look like it was a fun time, though.  The ren faires around here are all daytime things; no camp outs that I know of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's one in every family, and I'm an only child.
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2017 12:31:32 PM »

Ok! We were a bit MIA on the board but we have been doing a ton of things!
Anana has been busy with helping my oldest craft and my youngest do laundry

We went to an Independence Day church service in the park and had delicious bbq!

Before helping Elli make her famous slime!

I have loads more but will have to post them later today Wink

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2017 08:37:44 PM »

*squee!* I may or may not have made a special mid-Friday afternoon trip over to the new Cost Plus World Market in Clearwater after hearing they had gotten Clearly Canadian in stock!!!

As I have not had it since it was discontinued in the 90's and since previously, the nearest store was 120 miles one-way away that had it, I was just a little excited to see all those lovely blue bottles on the shelf.

(I drank a Mountain Blackberry tonight and it was just as awesome as I remembered it.)

Ah...nostalgia.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
NathanielM93
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2017 06:45:28 AM »

So what did we do this weekend? We went to a Quidditch Tournament called The Flying Meatball: Episode II. There we helped defend the planet Alderaan by playing Quidditch.
We camped on the field in Lige along with some other players the night before:

And saw a lot of awesome Quidditch being played:

And then we met some superscary people at the end (no not the ones with the blue faces, that's for privacy Wink ):

We had a lot of fun (even though I'm bruised and achy today). Our next outing is going to be another Quidditch event Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...