A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
301 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet Another TM Patch Swap R8 Gallery  (Read 29935 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
roler
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2017 09:44:57 PM »

Wulf, thanks for telling us how you made that jellyfish!  It really is something super special. Smiley  I (and Katsuyuki) would loooove something like that in our collection! XD

AAIMR, what a gorgeous collection of colorful patches!!  Just like my favorite from the set you received was the "chirp" bird, my favorite in this set is the "tweet" bird!  Both are so sweet and cheerful and cute!  I really like the kind of folk style you have going with this set, and the lovely vibrant colors!! 

Aaaah, why can't I just steal all the patches in this gallery?! ;P

audio, I'm glad the patches reached you safely!  And even happier that you like them. Smiley  The two other than the fall-colored patch are made using bases from lindyv that she made me in the Christmas swap; she chose the fabrics and sewed them together around the filling, but left the edges undone so that I could choose which side was the front for each of them.  I picked a side for each and started with the trimming-the-front-side step, then craft-cording around the edges, etc. So she gets the credit for the color sense on those ones! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2017 07:12:33 AM »

AIMR - I LOVE all the scrappy bits sewn together!! Did you use solvy or just wing it?

Excellent skulls from roler - I love how the kitty skull goes off the patch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2017 07:34:01 AM »

Ooh, me too, that looks great! I am getting excited to see what will be made with all these great patches. Does anybody have plans for theirs? I went through my stash & I have a lot of them from swaps, they are all so amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PLEASE MESSAGE ME YOUR CONTACT INFO!!!!!!!!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
meowari
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2017 10:34:57 AM »

I received from Audania 1 yesterday! I love them so much! Sorry the pictures aren't that great- my husband didn't charge the battery on our camera and I had to use my phone. ( I have no idea how to rotate them on this thing- I took them all from the same angle! Angry )
Thanks for being such a great partner, Audania 1!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2017 10:54:21 AM »

I will comment on the patches later...there is so much to say!  But, now, I have to show off the beautiful handiwork of my partner, JoyfulClover!  I am blown away!

She and I like the show "Stranger Things" that was on Netflix this summer...the kids in the show are phenomenal actors...the young person who plays Eleven in the series is exceptional...as is this embroidered patch!!!!

Next up...for my bugs theme....oh yeah...my own praying mantis!!!!  Look at the teeny tiny stitches!!!  I had to use my old trusty magnifying glass!

And finally, for my black/red/white color scheme patches...and, what looks like poppies to me....this beauty!

I love the variety and the skills are exceptional!  Thanks for being an awesome partner and adding to my collection from this talented group!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2017 10:58:29 AM »

Oh, both posts are full of such beauty! The embroidered flowers are fantastic! Love the addition of the beads and the clever edge finishing.
More fabulous embroidery! More ingenious edges! I am amazed at the variety of technique and style, this project just never stops giving inspiration. It's the most incredible thing Shocked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PLEASE MESSAGE ME YOUR CONTACT INFO!!!!!!!!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2017 11:08:26 AM »

I am so stealing the picture frame double border finish in the first patch...it really makes the portrait pop, doesn't it?

and yeah, I just love that thistle and the vintage feel of the blue flowers...

the cat skulls are very well done and clever...I love the red eye of the cut out one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
JoyfulClover
Live long and prosper

Peace and long life

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2017 11:30:38 AM »

Audania1- ooooo la la! I love how you spun the floral motifs and flipped that sucker on it's end! (esp what is typically a specific look with the calico fabric). And the thistle shape and stitching is TO.DIE.FOR.

Yeah, I covet these little babies

AIMR - yay! I'm so happy you like them! Although I will confess the praying mantis was stitched free motion on my machine, sitting up very straight with the door light open so I could really see the lines. I kept thinking I was going to lose an eye, but I live dangerously, so I sallied forth!

The frame on Eleven was 100% inspired by all the discussions in the thread. I just kept wiggling with it to see what I could try to do differently.  Also, the two little parallel tack lines were an inside wink to Eleven's name.

And yes, those are poppies. I wanted something different, but include the red as a nod to the tradition.

So much talent I'm this swap, people!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017 11:46:38 AM by JoyfulClover » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2017 11:52:53 AM »

Yes, I loved all of the "11's" you used around the portrait!  Clever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
JoyfulClover
Live long and prosper

Peace and long life

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2017 12:19:57 PM »

Sorry, but I need two posts to gush over Audania1's thistle. Man. I just love the shape, and all the thread layers on the calico fabric choice. Well.done.!

\m/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...