A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
276 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flying key block, PDF pattern added!  (Read 3973 times)
Tags for this thread: flying_key , winged_key , harry_potter , paper_pieced , quilt_block , featured_project , free_pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017 08:50:24 AM »

Thanks gals! It isn't shibori but that's a great idea.
I really hope the first package makes it's way there eventually, a matching set would be nice.
I'm using the tester's feedback to tweak the pattern then it'll be posted, stay tuned!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
Amazon_warrior
You say "scientist or artist?" like they're mutually exclusive.

I like big quilts and I cannot lie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017 05:40:33 AM »

That is awesome!  Definitely ROCKS, and really sucks that the first one went *poof* in the post.  Sad  Looks like you did an amazing job drafting the pattern.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017 04:24:44 PM »

How large is the block? Cause I'm making another Harry Potter POD. Bookcase and I would LOVE to include this in...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017 07:27:01 AM »

How large is the block? Cause I'm making another Harry Potter POD. Bookcase and I would LOVE to include this in...

Hey lady, I thought it would be good for that bookcase project for sure. It could be easily modified so the key appeared in a bell dome, can you pattern draft? If not I could work it out and add it to this post.
While I'm figuring out how to attach a PDF here I could email a copy to you. It's not a big block, the key itself is maybe 4" tall, but you can add however much fabric you want around it to make it fit or change the size, though I wouldn't go any smaller as there are already very tiny pieces. Message me your email address if you are in a hurry, if not the pattern should be attached here pretty soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Where is my Cosmo?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017 07:22:51 AM »

Congrats! This has been chosen as a Featured Project! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye, Craftster. Thanks for the memories.

You're always welcome to visit my blog.
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017 01:27:19 PM »

Well thanks Smiley. I'm hoping to get that PDF attachment working soon, hang tight friends Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dfabbric
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017 06:50:15 PM »

Super cute, I recently tried paper piecing and its not as easy as people make it sound IMO. So I think this is great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My fabric and more store (30% off 12/1/17-12/4/17)
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SpoolMonkey
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017 05:55:39 AM »

Hey lady, I thought it would be good for that bookcase project for sure. It could be easily modified so the key appeared in a bell dome, can you pattern draft? If not I could work it out and add it to this post.
While I'm figuring out how to attach a PDF here I could email a copy to you. It's not a big block, the key itself is maybe 4" tall, but you can add however much fabric you want around it to make it fit or change the size, though I wouldn't go any smaller as there are already very tiny pieces. Message me your email address if you are in a hurry, if not the pattern should be attached here pretty soon.

amazing. You should have my email on that art quilt questionnaire...
And now I know who to send all my paper piecing pattern requests to. ,;) I have a couple of ideas I want but they don't exist...yet
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017 06:08:20 AM »

Email sent Smiley.
We just watched the first HP movie last night to vet them for the kids (way, WAY too scary for my 9 year olds, my goodness, this is a kid's movie?!) and I realize I took liberties with the wings making them double. What can I say, artistic license. I will draft another pattern with an optional bell jar and post it here. And anytime sloth, might as well make those years at fashion design college useful, ha ha.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017 06:34:27 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017 05:05:52 AM »

The PDF is attached in the first post, please share if you try it. Share your triumphs and your flubbs please, I will learn more about refining my pattern drafting from mistakes Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...