A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
213 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pantry Challenge Cookalong!  (Read 14340 times)
Tags for this thread: cookalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Onyxnox
Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2017 06:55:12 PM »

I googlied it, sounds close to the recipe we used. It calls for optional cheese and we've tried it both ways, it's better with cheese!
I have a library book, everyday grain-free baking, it looks pretty good. It's so expensive though, ack! All that coconut and almond flour is not cheap.

Go to Bulk Barn - and if there is the family, use the $3 coupon at the beginning of the month for each $10 purchase.

The glutenfreeonashoestring site has some good recipes - but so far we have not found a nice pizza dough that is truly like a nice chewy wheat dough crust.  You may have better luck with biscuit recipes rather than a loaf style bread.  The best one we had so far has been the one made eggs, beaten with cream cheese, and shredded cheese - but it is so rich and full of cheese, I would not make it very often.  I made one recently from glutenfreeonashoestring (on of the older recipes)  and it did not rise much, but my yeast was old - but the flavour was very neutral so Jim liked it (did not overpower the toppings like some have) and the texture not bad.  I am going to try frying it in a pan to brown it the top and bottom, before parbaking it more, to see if I can get a bit more of the chewy texture of bread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my pinterest

Sad Bye Bye Craftster - where else can craft addicts unite??
tomyi
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2017 12:44:05 AM »

is this BPA free?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2017 08:18:17 AM »

I am ashamed to say that I've defrosted beans and had to compost them when I didn't get around to making the intended recipe. Sad. I took them out to use them, they've been in the freezer for their max amount of time I think.
We have veggie friends coming over Fri and I'd like to have make-your-own tacos that day with refried beans so I'm going to try it again. Wish me luck. Sometimes I suck at meal planning.
I also still have flats of frozen bananas and shredded carrot and sweet potato to make into sweet loaves. I have to, Have to get more organized in the kitchen. I need all my precious spare time for crafting, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
Immaculata
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2017 12:27:24 PM »

We bought way too many brussels sprouts some time ago. Fiance put some in the freezer, didn't even trim and blanche them, just put the entire bag of sprouts in the freezer.

Defrosted them today, cut the sprouts into pieces, stir fried them with some garlic, onion and bell pepper. Added some black pepper and curry powder and threw in a can of kidney beans right before serving. I was afraid the sprouts would be snotty after being defrosted, but not at all! I'm not the biggest fan of sprouts (fiance loves them, that's why we eat them) but stir fry is my favourite way to prepare them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2017 06:26:12 PM »

Yum, my fave way to eat brussels sprouts is roasted! And, funny thing, my nephews are Crazy for them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2019 03:25:06 PM »

Dang it, I did it again. I thawed some shredded zucchini and had to compost it after it sat around in the fridge waiting to be baked into bread. Sigh, not awesome.
I did soak, sprout, cook, divide and freeze some dried pinto beans a bit ago though. I even managed to incorporate some into squash soup.

I've been clearing out the pantries as much as possible rather than buying more groceries. Today I pulled out a few things to think about using them in something. On the counter are some tins of salmon, a mason jar of chocolate chips, a jar of salsa, and a baggie of curry powder that didn't fit into the spice jar. Our teenmanboy took one look and informed me that whatever it was I planned to make for dinner, he wasn't having any of it Cheesy.

The salsa went into a pot of pasta sauce. I have another bunch of shredded zucchini thawing for bread, and I printed a recipe for salmon patties that will use up some almond flour lingering in the freezer. There's some amaranth and millet along with shredded coconut, I think I'll toast all of that and make some nut butter based energy balls. I can incorporate some cocoa powder in those, I seem to have an abundance of that stuff for no good reason at all. I can only make so much hot chocolate, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2019 04:42:35 PM »

Ok, I knocked another item off my pantry-destash list. Chocolate coconut energy balls. I posted a photo and link to the recipe here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2019 07:19:32 AM »

cocoa in a mole perhaps?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with yo
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2019 07:20:08 AM »

or in this chillie recipe, that I am making tonight
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/sep/30/vegetarian-chilli-recipe-beans-pulses-anna-jones-the-modern-cook-student
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with yo
geekgirl1000100
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2019 07:53:01 AM »

You have chocolate chips and cocoa powder.  Do you have any dark chocolate laying around?  this is my favorite brownie recipe

https://www.jennycancook.com/recipes/dark-chocolate-fudge-brownies/

I can incorporate some cocoa powder in those, I seem to have an abundance of that stuff for no good reason at all. I can only make so much hot chocolate, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...