A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 314,811
Currently Running With Scissors:
183 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Metal Stamps getting rusty?  (Read 372 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Allons-y

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey!

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2017 11:48:14 AM »

I have a metal stamping jewelry kit that I got this past Christmas, and I absolutely love it! So much fun and the pieces turn out so nice! But I am having some problems with the stamping block and stamps..... they are getting rusty! I keep them in their own box with no moisture, so I don't know why this is happening.

Are there any other metal stampers here who can share some tips with me about properly storing my stamps so this doesn't happen? Also, how can I remove the current rust?

Thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things dont always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things dont always spoil the good things and make them unimportant. - The Doctor
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017 05:52:13 PM »

Soak the items in a plastic tub of vinegar for awhile then rub it off - I like microfiber cloths - soft, but has friction for scrubbing.  Then oil the tools when storing.  If you are in a very humid area, I have heard rubbing with chalk to keep them dry works, but I have not tried that.  I would wonder about keeping those packages of silica which are used to keep things like pills, dried good, clothing dry in packaging may help too if there is humidity.  I use those for keeping items dry in packages myself, like matches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Fabric Beads
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Quilted Scissors Cozy
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Brigaderios

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...