A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
219 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Maternity ideas-T-shirt recons, easy patterns? HELP!  (Read 897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Wildfyre
« on: February 22, 2017 07:21:24 PM »

So I'm big, tall, and pregnant Undecided I've been surfing every maternity clothing site I can find and have come to the conclusion I'm on my own. Everyone either has plus size maternity, or tall, but not both.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or tutorials for t-shirt recons that would work for maternity? I can get men's t-shirts in tall up to 5X ( I wear a 2x) so that should leave room for editing. I could just wear over sized mens shirts as they are, but I feel so frumpy.

Or I could sew something from scratch if it was really simple. I've had terrible luck sewing clothes for myself from scratch.. but if it was simple enough it would be worth a shot.

I know dresses and leggings would be an easy way to do maternity at my size (22W tall), but the last 4 months of my pregnancy will be spent working on a commercial fishing boat in Alaska so that really isn't an option. Even during the days we aren't out on the water, dresses just don't work on the dock  Undecided

There are so many talented gals on this board who sew gorgeous clothes.  Smiley I would greatly appreciate any ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...