A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 321,179
Currently Running With Scissors:
124 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Spring Nerd Battles: March 1 - May 31, 2017  (Read 35263 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: May 31, 2017 01:57:43 PM »

What a great idea. I didn't think of it at all to use the ATCs I made as a Big Time. Duh! I figured they would just be Throwbacks next season.

Prompt: Big Time
Team: Wordy!!
Bonus Points: Swaptastic
Project Name: May ATCs
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: I made these for the May ATC swap. I am just listing the ones I made that have been delivered or I don't think the recipient plays the Games. Sorry if I spoil any surprises. Also the black and white ones are backs I started decorating in advance for June's Swap.  Wink
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #281 on: May 31, 2017 02:51:09 PM »

Ok... I have 1 hour project dump here, then another hour or so over at HPC! Wink Always keeping it to last minute!! BAD GIRL!

Prompt:  March - 1984
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points: Brain Power (new material - stamp making material)
Project Name: Lego Stamps for Edinbrick
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: Hubby asked me if I could create a stamp for Edinbrick (the Lego display show he co-organised). I agreed, as this meant that I could have my first play time with my latest Silhouette Cameo product, the stamp maker. The material was thinner than I thought, and because I, in my infinite wisdom, didn't think of welding the bottom circle to the edge, I had to keep a close eye on it when moving the stamp material onto the stamp block.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  March - Brave New World
Bonus Points: Giver
Project Name: 3 Hearts for Manchester
Brief Description: The recent tragedy in Manchester shook us all... it's an unbelievable thing happening! A woman on FB has asked crafters to send her hearts she would hang in Manchester to lift the spiritis, so I took my hook and created my first 3 hearts #AHeart4MCR.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  March - Fahrenheit 451
Project Name: Soot Sprite Twinchie
Project Link:
Brief Description: I decided to make a Studio Ghibli Twinchie for roler in the Felt Twinchie Swap. When there is fire, in my mind there is soot as well... which means my Soot Sprite is just about right for this prompt. Smiley
Project Picture:

Prompt:  March - To Kill A Mocking Bird
Bonus Points: Giver
Project Name: Little Yellow Duck Project Duckie
Project Link:n/a
Brief Description: My plans for 2017 are to make a lot of Duckies for the Little Yellow Duck Project. I believe this group is great to make people aware of organ donation etc. I'm actually not sure if it is actually a charity... but the duckies are "released" in the wild for people to find. It is definitely an act of kindness to make those duckies and release them!
Project Picture:

Prompt:  May - Fugacious
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Pepper & Tomato soup
Project Link: Recipe
Brief Description: My girls saw pictures of "Nana's Magic Soup" in the Tesco adverts and instore, so they asked me to make it. I am sure they just fancied the toast stars with melted cheese! But the soup was absolutely yummie!! I have to say... I HATE peeling peppers though! Wink
Project Picture:

Prompt:   May - Coruscant
Project Name: Weeping Willow Patch for Wulf
Project Link: n/a
Brief Description: I used some beads (shiney/glittery) in this TM patch and also pailettes which reflect light.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  May - Ostentiferous
Project Name: Kaonashi (No Face) Twinchie
Brief Description: My second Studio Ghibli Felt Twinchie for roler was Kaonashi (No Face), who is definitely something supernatural.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  April - Quote#3
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: Princess Leia Costume for Twin#2
Brief Description: Twin#2 wanted to have a Princess Leia costume to wear for Edinburgh ComicCon. And who am I to deny that?!? I love it that my girls love her, she's such a "kick ass" (sorry!) Princess! I also love Carrie Fisher. One of her quotes I love is "Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die". And one from Leia Organa:
"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder." Annoying: It's the full dress with the hood as well, but Twin#2 refused to put it up (ok... because I was a bit too generous with the fabric on it... it's smothering her! Wink ).
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017 03:03:47 PM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #282 on: May 31, 2017 03:02:23 PM »

Prompt:  May - Gasconading
Bonus Points:
Project Name:Harry Potter Coasters
Brief Description: I'm getting better and better with my silhouette and my items for KatsGeekKrafts. And I have to say I actually prefer the black vinyl to the silver now. But anyway... just to brag about it... I think I'm getting quite good at making my fandom coasters!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #283 on: May 31, 2017 03:13:34 PM »

Prompt:  April - Quote#1
Project Name: Nerdy Table Runner
Brief Description: Item made for our own LovelyMiss. My life entails a lot of Geekiness & Fandoms. So my quote here is "Fandom can keep something alive, and Fandom can take it down". Smiley  
Project Picture:
Not peeking yet, LovelyMiss!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017 03:14:06 PM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2017 03:25:16 PM »

Prompt:  April - Quote#5
Bonus Points:Swaptastic
Project Name: Klaine TM Patch
Brief Description: An item for the shipping swap. Glee was big on equal rights and being the person you are, no changes. Quote "I swear to you I will never change. I'm proud to be different, it's the best thing about me."
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockingbearranch

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2017 04:35:57 PM »

Prompt:  Zaps #5
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Cinnamon Sizzurp
Project Link:
Brief Description: This is quick to prepare. It is a dark rum and cinnamon molasses something. I use it instead of vanilla for a more exotic desert. It has been setting years to get that dark. Mostly because it is less convenient to get out than the vanilla.

Instructions...Throw flavoring ingredients in hard liquor. Wait for good flavor or the color to change.

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ActsofCraftiness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: May 31, 2017 04:36:32 PM »

It's done! I'm so glad this research project is done. <3

Research Project Name: National Parks Cross Stitch
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: Epic, WIP
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: This was an epic project that took so very many hours of stitching to complete. This will be a gift for my mom, and I modified the design in a few places to fit her, including changing the tent in the top right from a plain looking tent to one that matched the tent she actually uses when she backpacks. The pattern is National Park Birthday Club by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.
Project Picture:
{don't pin}
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017 09:19:37 PM by ActsofCraftiness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockingbearranch

« Reply #287 on: May 31, 2017 04:49:32 PM »

Prompt:  Throwback #2
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Shopping Bags at end of life  Cry
Project Link:
Brief Description: These are my two favorite bags that I've made. They both have rips. I made these before anyone had heard of reusable shopping bags. It was so annoying trying to get the cashiers to cooperate I was at the point of giving up when the rest of the world decided to give it a try.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockingbearranch

« Reply #288 on: May 31, 2017 05:11:58 PM »

Prompt: Big Time #2 
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Raised garden bed
Project Link:
Brief Description: The bed on the left is reclaimed wood from another project. It doesn't have anything in it yet because of Chippy the Destroyer. She ate my one and only little strawberry and knocked off two tomatoes today. That was my harvest.
Project Picture:

Prompt: Big Time #3
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Raised garden bed with fenced sides
Project Link:
Brief Description: The bed on the right has the plants I moved after they had only been established a couple of weeks. They are recovering but I doubt I will get much food this year. It was move or be destroyed by Chippy. She and her cohorts immediately ate $15 worth of pepper plants that were going to help deter bugs. The blue chair is holding the door shut until I add a latch that is bear proof. I try to post wood projects that beginners can try. This is a little more advance because you really need power tools and a truck to get the wood. The construction itself isn't complicated. 
Project Picture: see above
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #289 on: May 31, 2017 05:17:13 PM »

Prompt:  March - The Handmaid's Tale
Team:  Randomizer
Bonus Points:  Swaptastic
Project Name:  Craftster Trading Cards
Brief Description: Made for the Craftster Trading Card Swap, round 2.  Made by me and inspired by me, a woman. Cheesy

Project Picture:

Prompt:  April - Quote #1
Bonus Points:  N/A
Project Name:  Notebook cover
Brief Description:   I use notebooks in my life.  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison.  I like this quote, though I also find him and the quote itself kind of problematic.

Project Picture:

Prompt:  April - Quote #2
Brief Description: Made for Inselaeffchen in the Spring Nerd Battles Swap.  "And how do you know the angels and the Devil inside me aren't the same thing?" - Matt Murdock  (Daredevil, episode 1.11).

Project Picture:

Prompt:  April - Quote #3
Bonus Points:  WIP It
Project Name:  Coin/card purse
Brief Description:  My grandma is one of my heroes and she had breast cancer.  "A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

Project Picture:

Prompt:  April - Quote #4
Project Name:  American football buttons
Brief Description:  Another item made for Inselaeffchen.  Football existed in the past, and will in the future.  Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Sren Kierkegaard

Project Picture:

Prompt:  April - Quote #5
Project Name:  Buttons
Brief Description:  I made about 60 of these for my work, which involves elements of activism, and lots of change.  Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Project Picture:

Prompt:  May - Corsucant
Project Name:  Yellow button hoop
Brief Description:  A little hoop with yellow buttons, beads, and some seed stitch embroidery.

Project Picture:

Prompt:  May - Enantiodromia
Project Name:  Marvel wallet
Brief Description: Made for Inselaeffchen, based on her Avengers/Marvel theme.  I used the Have It All sewing pattern from Oliver + S, which came together pretty well.

Project Picture:

Prompt:  May - Fugacious
Bonus Points:  Giver
Project Name:  Herb bomb favors
Brief Description: Made 100 of these little herb bomb favor packages to give away at a charity event that we sponsor/support at work.

Project Picture:

Prompt:  May - Gasconading
Project Name:  Junk Journal
Brief Description:  I just made this junk journal for fun, working on it here and there over the past month or so.  I'll be giving it a separate post, I just didn't have time to do all the photos and get it posted yet.

Project Picture:

Prompt:  May - Ostentiferous
Brief Description:  Cats are considered by some to have a supernatural element/background/spirit/power.

Project Picture:

Prompt:  UFO - Lubbock Lights
Bonus Points:  WIP It, +10 for repeating pattern
Project Name:  Notebookcover
Brief Description:  I finished another of these silly covers.  I cut out like 100 different fabrics several months back, and have been slowly working on serging and sewing all of them together.

Project Picture:

Prompt:  May Battle Royale - Synonyms
Project Name:  Spring/summer flowers
Brief Description:  I potted these a few weekends ago.  They are gorgeous and beautiful (which are synonyms). Tongue
Project Picture:

Prompt:  Free Range
Brief Description:  Another one.  Ugh.

Project Picture:

Prompt:  Zap
Project Name:  Card
Brief Description:  A quick card made for Mother's Day.  I forgot to take photos of the other ones I made.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Dragonflies in the Yard
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...