A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 314,010
Currently Running With Scissors:
263 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Spring Nerd Battles: March 1 - May 31, 2017  (Read 32475 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

storerboughtcreations
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017 12:35:39 PM »

I have a Minnie Mouse blanket I have to get done, so I'd like to put my pirate blanket on hold and submit the following as a research project in its place please!

Research Project Name: Minnie Mouse c2c blanket
Team: Multimedia
Brief Description: This blanket is 81x72 rows. I'll be doing it in worsted weight yarn with an F hook to try to keep it smaller. I think it will take me more than 60 hours to complete. I'm hoping to have it done in the next two weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017 01:55:56 PM »

Prompt: March - To Kill A Mockingbird
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points: -
Project Name: Greens wallet
Project Link: -
Brief Description: Inspired by friendship - I had made a wallet in this style for my friend to give to her mom at Christmas. Now her mom wants one to give to her friend who liked it!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017 04:12:33 PM »

~*Congratulations, Acadian Driftwood!*~
You are the first to earn the "To Kill A Mockingbird" Challenge badge.

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

*Once revealed, a badge can be found in the Badge Center.*
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017 04:39:05 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2017 05:31:18 AM »

Great start with that wallet, Acadian Driftwood! Love the colors!

Prompt: March -Brave New World
Bonus Points: Engineering
Project Name: Omrice
Project Link:
Brief Description: I often like to "mass produce" my meals when I cook for myself; I purposefully make a whole ton of one thing in advance and then I can eat leftovers for several days without having to cook more.  Yesterday I made a whole ton of the filling for omrice, and have now eaten two complete meals from it so far. Smiley  Omrice is a standard of Japanese home cooking; a lot of people here assume it's American for some reason, but especially the use of ketchup and mayonnaise, even more than the rice, seems very Japanese to me! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omurice
Here's how I make my pretty standard omrice (sorry for my disorganized description; I don't really measure or time anything!):
Start your rice in the rice cooker.  I like to make LOTS. You'll probably need to wait a bit before starting the rest of the recipe because everything else goes pretty quickly.
Saute a chopped onion in oil. When they start to soften, add some chopped chicken, and season pretty heavily (I used McCormick's steak seasoning because it was handy!).
When the chicken is nearly done, add a packet of frozen mixed vegetables and saute until they're thawed and warmed up.
Add as much rice as you can to your frying pan without it overflowing.  Squirt a LOT of ketchup in, enough to turn the whole mixture pink when mixed. (Ketchup is the most common sauce for omrice, but if this makes you wince, you can also use butter, or a brown demiglace sauce).  Mix well and warm everything through.
Leaving the rice mixture on low, quickly beat two eggs and pour them into another heated and oiled frying pan. Tilt the pan around until the egg is spread evenly, and then don't touch it until it cooks through. 
The last step is up to you; in general omrice is supposed to be wrapped into the egg kind of like a tortilla, into a football shape, but I'm no good at doing that without tearing the egg, so I generally just serve a generous helping of the rice mixture onto my plate, and then slide the egg from the frying pan onto the top of it.
Top the omrice with streaks of ketchup and Japanese mayonnaise (thicker than American mayonnaise and comes in a squeeze bottle).
Eat with a spoon. Smiley

I keep a ton of the chicken rice in my fridge, and just make a new egg topping for each meal. It's VERY hearty and filling!
Project Picture:
Yesterday's dinner

And today's!

And there's still enough chicken rice left for at least one more! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
Smeddley

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017 08:21:20 AM »

Acadian Driftwood - Love the fabrics you used on that wallet!  I can see why another was requested... Smiley

Roler - that sounds good, also a little like fried rice?  Only that has the egg mixed in.  I did wince at the ketchup, I'm not a huge fan, but hey, I made a rice dish with peaches and Catalina dressing once, so I'm up for anything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scaramouche

Whedonist in heart and soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017 02:19:15 AM »

Research Project Name: Leather gadget belt + matching gadget holders
Brief Description:
This research project is both an attempt to make something entirely new for myself as well as a way to brush up my leatherworking skills. It will be a belt for my new adventurer character and include several ''gadget'' pouches. Like a drop pouch, pocket watch pouch and maybe even a teacup holder. All made out of the same kind of leather so it will be a perfect set.
Materials: Leather and fabric
New techniques: water hardening leather.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017 01:31:37 PM »

Prompt:  March- Handmaid's Tale
Team: Wordy!
Bonus Points: Swaptastic!
Project Name: Steampunk jewelry
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: Gears evoke power- the power required to move machinery; also the key in the hand might indicate control. Ok, maybe that's getting a bit deep. But, I AM team wordy after all! Oh, and this jewelry is for a woman, of course. It was made for a personal swap with SBC.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  March- Fahrenheit 451
Team: Wordy!
Bonus Points: Swaptastic
Project Name: Dream Big ATC
Brief Description: This was made for the ongoing ATC swap. I am really loving collage lately! This is, of course, made of paper.
Project Picture:

Prompt: Free Range #1
Bonus Points: Swaptastic
Project Name: turtle, turtle
Brief Description: This was the other portion of my personal swap with SBC. This tee is for her hubby. He seemed to like it. Either that, or he's a really good actor! I had the pleasure of meeting them for lunch yesterday to make our exchange, and it was a delightful visit!
Project Picture:

Prompt: Zap #1
Bonus Points: -0-
Project Name: teeny syringe
Brief Description: This will be going into my miniature lab... (cue maniacal laughter...)
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017 01:33:50 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

storerboughtcreations
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017 03:11:01 PM »

Yay! I love my jewelry and my hubby loves his turtle shirt! He wore it today. And lunch was very nice. It was so great meeting Bunny. I wish it was possible to visit with all of my nerdy friends Smiley

Speaking of nerdy friends, anyone up for Cards Against Humanity in the near future? We haven't played in a while!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017 03:46:25 PM »

That syringe design in brilliant!  Can't wait to see where it goes... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017 07:13:07 AM »

What cool idea that syringe is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: No-Kill Cactus
Tute Tuesday: Wrap Skirt
Meatless Monday: Naan Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...