A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
234 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered BINGO card: Friday the 13th!  (Read 1533 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , bingo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
mandykaye
« on: January 27, 2017 11:56:05 PM »

I am following the Paper and Mixed Media Craft-Along and the January theme was Friday the 13th. I had gotten some BINGO cards from audio in the paper goodies de-stash swap recently and had an idea to use one for the theme.

For the base, I layered on some spray inks and a bit of tissue paper in the corners for a little texture. I had masked the numbers 13 and 66. I then stamped some circles with found objects in white paint. I used various stickers and papers that I felt went with the theme. The "13 skull" was made out of poly clay using a mold from a charm I had. I then brushed a bit of paint to give it a copper patina. I used some craft feathers and a bit of yarn and straw and that's about it!

I was meaning to go darker and more ominous, but I like the more colorful vibe it turned out with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geekgirl1000100
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017 06:46:44 AM »

Nicely done. Love the color Scheme!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

C'mon, pegasister, quit foaling around!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017 07:44:02 AM »

I've never seen an altered bingo card before, that's a pretty cool idea, and I love the darker theme/elements you chose to do it.  Something like this would be a great gift idea for bingo obsessed family/friends too.  So, what do you win if you "bingo" with this card, a month of bad luck? Cheesy

I actually volunteered calling Friday afternoon bingo at the local senior center for almost a year in my younger days--getting a room full of elderly people angry at you when you're calling too fast or they don't like the games you pick is a lot scarier than it sounds . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandykaye
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017 05:05:43 PM »

Thanks geekgirl1000100!

Patraw, I've seen these used for "chunky houses" and other altered art. I used to work at a local Moose Lodge when I was a youngster too, and know how "seniors" with their BINGO and other card games can be all too well lol! The really scary part is that I could very well be part of that group soon LMAO!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...