A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,841
Currently Running With Scissors:
222 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you organize your craft supplies???  (Read 21392 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 09, 2018 09:34:27 AM »

I swapped the kid whose room that was into the basement where my craft space used to be (his choice, now he has a small bedroom down there and my old crafting space for his own, he loves it). The rooms both have the knee-kick walls already with a height that just works for the bookshelves I've got some stuff on. I have so many baskets, bins, etc but it's just too much. Now I am going to lose the second smaller room up there to the man as his office space so I'll have even More stash to try and fit into my room. I'm working on it but it's really difficult, I can *make* it fit via tetris technique but that does not work for actually crafting, only for storage. The fold out couch we use for guests is in my room as well, that will definitely have to go to make space for my sewing and cutting tables. I feel very conflicted about all of this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2018 09:48:45 PM »

My doll stash went from this horribly messy "stock box":

To organized in four drawers of a spare dresser that holds yarn.
First drawer is dolls I have 100% concrete plans for:

Second drawer is fantasy skin tones:

Third drawer is natural, human skin tones:

Fourth drawer is clothes, shoes, and accessories along with dolls with missing pieces (arms, hands, etc):

The yarn is now in the doll box:

Not pictured: several dolls I recently bought in a lot because they were a steal.
ETA: if anyone is curious, I forget exactly how many I have, but I know I have 100+ dolls in my stock box.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018 09:51:21 PM by RedheadWithThread » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2018 12:21:19 AM »

Great job of organizing them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 20, 2018 10:43:37 AM »

I am still really struggling with my crafting supplies. I can't seem to get things organized to my satisfaction even though I've gotten rid of at least half of what I had stashed. I'm frustrated and disappointed and have a lot of work coming up that needs my attention so I feel pressured to get this DONE already. Ugh. I am going to focus on it today and if I don't make enough headway I will take a broom to that space and just sweep everything that's unsorted and cluttering up the floor right into the trash.
I probably won't do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: November 20, 2018 02:02:43 PM »

I wish I could come over to help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 20, 2018 05:20:47 PM »

I would love that, I really would.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BelleBeryl
« Reply #236 on: December 31, 2018 04:02:46 AM »

Somehow all the Christmas crafts items, supplies, scraps are allover so yesterday I started with craft area gathering all things Christmas and into an empty panettone big tin with Xmas pattern, everything I found so far went in there.
It is now 2/3 full.
Some A4 size stencils, A4 papers , etc went  into a bookcase next to my 1" stack of 12x12 papers/cardstock.
Yesterday I sorted out 2 smaller boxes 25 x 25 cm  and sorting out along theme one is now all Spring/pastel colors supplies, papers,scraps, pale tea dyed papers etc. The other has another narrow box  put into it with diy ephemera journaling cards in it and next to it a small stack of half finished journals format TN.
Made a go at making some new journaling cards for spring with all sorts of leftovers and that is in a clear travel bag. Maybe this afternoon I do some time finding fall/autumn and start a box for that.
First week of january I want to continue the organizing and when I pause as I get tired soon than I do some ephemera or watch video crafts youtube and continue the organizing and sorting out of supplies. Yesterday also did some tea dying of music papers  using Rooibos tea which gives a brown-reddish tint and a hint of tea scent to plain white copy papers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018 04:04:04 AM by BelleBeryl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2018 07:28:50 AM »

That sounds very organized, BelleBeryl!
You must have a wonderful paper stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BelleBeryl
« Reply #238 on: February 18, 2019 11:35:26 PM »

Yesterday was looking at Youtube for inspiration, saw scrap paper bundles video by Gayle Agostinelli and I think is a great way to sort little packets of papers. I will not be cutting totally square as I like uneven papers. Will add also some of my new amaryllis/hazel papers to these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...