A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,293
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Floral Wars Galaxy Set - Swoon Annette  (Read 1066 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

BenaeQuee
Sewing Machine

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2017 12:55:41 PM »

I was so excited when my Floral Wars fabric from Knitorious Fabrics arrived. There were several colorways to choose from.  I have the light blue already, and just had to have this "Galaxy" one too! I knew, as soon as I got it in, that it was destined to become an Annette handbag for myself.  The fabric pattern is large, but not too large, so it's perfectly sized for the center panels of the bag.  I accented it with black Glitter Mirror Canvas from MiKri World Craft Supply.  There is a black swirly contrast fabric for inside the outer pockets as well.  
For the miniaturized version, I shrunk the pattern to 65% in Adobe.  The zipper was a 12" long zipper for this shrunk down size.  I omitted all pockets and the handles and did not use foam for the structure.  The main fabric and the lining are interfaced with Pellon SF101, and it is plenty sturdy for this small bag.  There is a small piece of stabilizer inside of the bottom for support though.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1408497835856639.1073741884.142393185800450&type=1&l=a7a49a03b4

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017 01:07:09 PM by BenaeQuee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my FB page for more things by me Cheesy
https://www.facebook.com/BenaeQueeCostumer
OrangeGroveNursery
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017 06:59:36 PM »

Those are fabulous!  I love what you did with the miniature version, very clever!  (I noticed you have your sonic screwdriver in there!)  You'll have to tell me how you like Annette as a purse.  I'm really thinking I'd like to make an Annette for myself. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BenaeQuee
Sewing Machine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017 08:36:03 PM »

Those are fabulous!  I love what you did with the miniature version, very clever!  (I noticed you have your sonic screwdriver in there!)  You'll have to tell me how you like Annette as a purse.  I'm really thinking I'd like to make an Annette for myself. 

Thanks! I always have my sonic, it's also a very bright flashlight that has proven useful time and again.  I made an Annette for my sister-in-law (in Star Trek fabric), and she LOVES it.  She loves how much it can hold especially.  Annette was also fairly easy.  I cut and finished both the mini and purse from about noon to 8pm (with an hour dinner break). Granted I know I'm a speed demon, but it really was easy to cut and sew.  The zipper is a little fiddly to get it exact on the top though. I plan to make more Annettes in both sizes for future shows and my Etsy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017 06:48:47 AM »

What a beautiful pair.  This fabric keeps calling me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

All you need is love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017 09:17:22 AM »

Love them both! You always have the best fabric - and display it so perfectly in your pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vkvhawk
Hobbes?

Magestic is a wonderful word

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017 04:39:17 AM »

You're bags are incredible!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can someone knit me a Hobbes? I can trade painted cards, quilt blocks, mug rugs or something... Smiley Pm me if you are interested!
BenaeQuee
Sewing Machine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017 10:22:53 AM »

Love them both! You always have the best fabric - and display it so perfectly in your pieces.
Thank you! I can't get enough of this fabric and already want to cover two pairs of ballet flats with it.  One pair with Vader and the Trooper, and one pair with R2 and BB8 <3  Light side and dark side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...