A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 314,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
190 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Thing-A-Day Feb 2017 Craftalong  (Read 14880 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2017 12:22:37 PM »

Sure!  It's originally from "The Little Guides: Cookies" but I've modified it a bit.

Cream together:
1 C butter
1 C packed brown sugar

Add:
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Mix in:
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Combine:
1 1/2 C finely shredded carrots
3 packages Raisin/Date/Walnut instant oatmeal

Incorporate:
1 1/2 C flour

Drop by spoonfuls on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 375*F for about 8 minutes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2017 12:33:33 PM »

Awesome, thanks!

I made instant oatmeal a while ago for my teen who was loving those little packets you add water too but, lol, you know how a teenage boy eats and those things are NOT inexpensive. It's basically just oats chopped up finer in a food processor or spice mill with sugars, spices, etc (powdered milk was in some recipes I found but I left it out and it was fine, in fact just using hot milk milk/water instead of the hot water makes for excellent instant oats). I will make another batch of that for him and use some for your cookie recipe.

Instead of mending I'm big batch cooking. We went shopping and I can't fit it all in the fridge, the solution is to cook stuff up for freezing. It's not what I wanted to do but oh well, that's feeding 5 people with less work than daily meal cooking so I'm happy to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM IN NEED OF GIRAFFE ITEMS!
70 giraffe gifts for mom's 70th this December, party decorations too. Please message me if you can help, thanks Smiley.

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2017 04:31:04 PM »

kb, what is this mystery dinner? is it like a participatory play, or is the food itself the mystery...  Wink Cheesy

AD, our church has done both types of mystery dinners but for this year's dinner it's the food that's the mystery: grass runner, untamed seeds, leprechaun's shillelaghs, Irish jig, Celtic sword, ewes on a stick, Yeats' spade, trencher, golden harp, shamrocks, Shannon's tankard, pot of gold, bubbles, Dublin curds, St.Patrick's bangers, and Blarney Stones. What makes it even more fun is that each table group choses 4 items per course and all items are cleared away before a new course is served. The problem is that knife, fork, spoon, and beverage are part of the choices. Imagine choosing them for your first course, but not having any food to eat, then for your second course choosing an entree, a dessert, bread, and a salad, but having no utensils with which to eat them. Fingers are definitely going to be put to good use and Miss Manners won't be found anywhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
87/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
Smeddley

« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2017 06:54:07 PM »

Saturday and Sunday were blood drops (squeezies to use while you donate)...  in Public Works and Parks colors!  Our city often has Police vs Fire blood drives (I make blue and red blood drops for those!), and why should those departments have all the glory?!  So I made some orange Public Works and green Parks Department drops to give away at the next blood drive (I'll make some more red and blue as well).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2017 06:59:15 PM »

oh wow the mystery dinner sounds really fun!

Here's a catch up post for me -

Thing 24: A craft room decorating project. I unpacked my hoopla and dotees and set them all up on my pinboard. For the past few months it's just been holding my drying hot peppers. Before and after:

Thing 25: Sewed the base for a swap dotee. Sending tomorrow so I'll just post a link - don't look Sharalee!

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=712985&ppuser=138272

Thing 25: Spoilers for Sharalee - assembled and embellished the dotee.

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=712986&ppuser=138272
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2017 07:02:33 AM »

That mystery dinner sounds like so much fun.

What a cool idea those blood drops are. Do the blood donors get to take them home? That's a great reminder to donate again, how awesome.

Love that board of hoops and dotees, do I see Neptune? Wow!

Project dump:
4x6

Yoga mat bags that have been in the UFO pile for years and years.

Cushion cover housewarming gift for friends who moved into their place 5 years ago, sigh.

Hummus

Rice pudding (which I've never made before)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

70 giraffe gifts for mom's 70th this December, party decorations too. Please message me if you can help, thanks Smiley.

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2017 09:22:32 AM »

Oh my gosh, those ricotta and fresh herb biscuits look amazing!! I will be anxiously awaiting the recipe. Nevermind! I found it!! Yum!!!

That pinboard!!!! Love.

I did not get around to crafting on Friday...work, happy hour, and movie night, followed by a late-night family hang out at a friends...I just couldn't squeeze it in.  Sad

However, I DID find time to play with my new free-motion and walking feet! Here's my sad first attempt with the free motion foot:

I got a little bit better with the loopty-loops towards the end. And I attempted to scribble a message in there. Smiley Try to ignore my tension issues...I got them (mostly) worked out toward the end.

I also worked on my Leia embroidery...it's much slower going without a swap deadline to prod me along.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017 09:34:45 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2017 10:52:07 AM »

I like how that looks but it may not have been what you were aiming for in which case I can see how you'd be miffed. I guess I'll try straight lines first to get a handle on how what I want to do and what I actually do align. I'm not really feeling very confident about it, it's an intimidating process Tongue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2017 11:30:23 AM »

lol..I found the straight lines harder! I wasn't really going for anything other than familiarity with the feeling. I was definitely feeling better towards the end...at least feeling like I could one day possibly maybe actually do it.

The one video I watched promised that daily attempts for a month would result in improvement...I think I have my challenge for March. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2017 06:58:53 PM »

clm those cushion covers look so cheery!

I didn't do much today, just prepare my materials for a wallet. Cut the pieces and got my bits set up.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buttercup Cream Cake
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...