A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 314,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Latest purses  (Read 1234 times)
Tags for this thread: purse , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

fatewineroses
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: January 12, 2017 01:10:03 PM »

To practice making a Swoon Sadie, I was supposed to make one for myself first. I cut one for me and one for my bf's mom. Then, at each step, I did mine first...then the one for his mom. Until I got under the wire with time. Then I just finished hers at 3:30am the day we were supposed to fly out.  Roll Eyes You know how it goes! When I got back, mine was waiting for me. I had been using a Swoon Maisie I had made before; but that I really need to pull apart and fix some major flaws (that only I notice). So I was really excited to finish my Maisie.

This was my first piece that wasn't geek. Because I am a FAN and a GEEK and I love showing it so I can find others in my Tribe. You know? But I fell in love with this fabric and decided to be a girl for once and make myself something pretty. I'm also kinda proud of this because, even though I can see and show you many many flaws in the piece, my boss saw it and said how much he really loved it. When I told him I made it, he was picking it up and looking at it, insisting that he thought I had purchased it in a store.

As an artist, it is good to remember that others do not see your pieces the way that you do.

...and I finished the pockets just after Carrie Fisher passed away. So I decided to keep the Princess with me always.

This Swoon Sadie was made at 85% for my bf's Mom. I agonized over the pattern to use because last time I was there, she used a little tiny purse sometimes...and then a big boho slouch purse. I decided to go with the Sadie because it is structured and has great lines! I already had the fabric (the horse fabric) months before. Purchased for exactly this purpose. 85% makes it a very nice compact purse, with the gusset making it so you can stuff it, if necessary. I *love* this feature.

These pockets were Grumpy Cat. Because she loves cats. And even though she didn't know who "Grumpy Cat" is, she still laughed out loud in delight. Pockets are fun!

This was a simple purse (Swoon Coraline) made with some map fabric by Tim Holtz for my bf's Aunt. Each side shows the part of the world map with Japan on one side, the Pacific and the United States...because she lives in Oregon and her daughter lives in Japan.

I didn't take a picture of it, but the pocket is Minions fabric. You might note that the strap is a little darker. That's because I ran out of the map fabric and had to use something else. Luckily, I had more of the same fabric collection. This one is just a little darker. I couldn't decide if I hated it or not.

Now that those are made and given out, I have to get started on the purses for my family. They got some of my first purses last year and are ready for new ones. This year they had the option to pick their purse pattern and fabrics. I'm tired just thinking about it!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017 01:10:54 PM by fatewineroses » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017 06:12:28 PM »

I love all your fabric choices!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

steiconi
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017 01:09:55 AM »

Great purses, and I LOVE your lining fabrics. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017 02:28:02 AM »

They are all wonderful!  So many lovely fabrics, and  I love the surprise pockets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017 05:49:43 AM »

These are great. I love that you made the pockets so unique and fun. I really love the interior fabric that you used on yours too. The horse fabric is gorgeous and the way you fussy cut the map purse to be so personal is amazing. I am sure these will be loved.
 Smart idea making everyone chose their own patterns and fabrics this year. Picking it for others can be so stressful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2014" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017 01:34:24 PM »

Congrats! This has been chosen as a Featured Project! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwality570
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017 05:25:27 AM »

I love the idea of the hidden pocket fabric! Not that I'll probably ever make a purse, but if I do, I'm making a mental note to self!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fatewineroses

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017 03:28:29 PM »

Thanks Racky. And to everyone else for your kind comments. I always have the hardest time replying. I never know what to say. I really appreciate the feedback. An artist's worst enemy is the self.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZombieLili
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017 08:28:28 AM »

The bags look great und they really do look very professionally made! Very nice choices on the fabric. I really can't pic a favourite  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017 02:48:20 PM »

These are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 46
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Best Friends
Whale what do we have here?
Meatless Monday: Roasted Yam and Chard Tacos

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...