A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 321,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
142 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Difference Makers Silent Auction March 31, 2017  (Read 8316 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2017 12:11:20 PM »

Awesome! So great Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM IN NEED OF GIRAFFE ITEMS!
70 giraffe gifts for mom's 70th this December, party decorations too. Please message me if you can help, thanks Smiley.

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2017 09:58:28 PM »

Smiley  Just had to share it with you all.  Thanks as always for your support and kindness to DM.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2017 05:17:24 PM »

Hi Friends!

I just wanted to share some very, very exciting news.  Lana and I made her club Small Things Matter into a 501(3)c nonprofit.  We just got our determination letter from the IRS on Saturday so now we're official!

Our mission is to encourage kids of all ages to use their crafty talents to make items for those in need.  We have been making stuffies at various places such as KID Museum.  Our next event will be at Winterfest on Dec 16 and the Silver Spring Timebank for MLK day. 

We are thinking of ways to encourage others to join us, plus pay for the materials.  One thing we're doing is charity parties where we'll come and lead a crafting event with a suggested donation of $5/person and then the items are donated to a charity of their choice.  We did 1 of these so far.  We will probably sell lemonade/shave ice during the summer at the charity corner to raise funds.

We are also encouraging people to be partners with us which means leading and completing some sort of crafty activity.  I received a wonderful package of 75 wish bracelets from the Secret Santa swap and I will be adding this Craftster to our partner list.  I hope some of you will join in too!  Lana has a friend in Difference Makers that is going to try to get her girl scout troop to make stuffies.  They can't make the minimum 50 that is required for donation so we'll add some of ours from other events to theirs so that they can make a donation somewhere.

Anyhow this is just in its infancy so we really don't know where it will go.  Lana is thinking she might also get a bunch of her friends together to start tutoring kids.  She is currently tutoring a 2nd grader and loves it.  She also takes care of the little kids at our food distribution at the elementary school and has been reading to them.  Maybe she could do a bit more of that with her friends.

Our motto is Educating Children, Building Communities, Perpetuating Kindness so there is a lot of room to grow into.

We'd love to have your input and ideas.  Thanks!! 

Like us on Facebook if you have an account.

Take care!
Roxanne
www.smallthingsmatter.org
https://www.facebook.com/thesmallthingsmatter/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over
Meatless Monday: Summer Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...