A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,267
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Difference Makers Silent Auction March 31, 2017  (Read 5708 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2017 07:55:59 AM »

That poster is amazing!
Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2017 01:00:50 PM »

Thanks all!  I wanted something a little different from last year's poster that Bryan designed.  It is hard to do something interesting with logos.  Next year I want to do a black and white one!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Difference Makers' Kokua Foods!  http://www.difference-makers.org/ Our mission is simple: to provide food for families in need.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2017 02:26:04 PM »

Just wanted to share that our partnership with Wegmans is a go!  I signed papers on Saturday and our first food distribution to the needy in Takoma Park/Silver Spring MD will be on April 8th!  

We also purchased this to do the deliveries.

You can read more about it here as well as see our GoFundMe page.  Smiley
https://www.facebook.com/makeadifferencewithus/

We also need to get coolers and a portable refrigerator for the perishable items and bins to transport the food.

The auction will definitely help pay for these items.  Thanks so much all for your continued support!!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017 02:28:50 PM by underthemountain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Difference Makers' Kokua Foods!  http://www.difference-makers.org/ Our mission is simple: to provide food for families in need.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2017 02:57:42 PM »

WOW!  you guys move quickly!  Looks like this one charity to help feed people is going to be a success...

Thanks for the links...I love supporting this group and reading about the various projects.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017 03:03:25 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2017 03:11:39 PM »

I second everything alwaysinmyroom said.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2017 03:23:41 PM »

Thank you Bea and Always!!!! 

We are truly grateful for your support!!!  I was working on the prebidding list today and you guys have donated so many, many fun and wonderful things.  Thank you!!!! Smiley  This is not only going to make money for DM, but will help build community at our school and in our community.  Smiley

Thank you for your kind donation towards our trailer purchase Always.  Lana is going to be making a donation of $100 to DM on Monday from her recent button sales to Flower Valley ES that she made with your button machine!  Your gift goes on and on!  Smiley You can see them here:
https://www.facebook.com/thesmallthingsmatter/

The Wegmans folks have been so wonderful!  They partner with Manna during the weekdays, but on the weekends all this food goes to waste.  If things go well we hope to reach out to the other Wegmans.  I still need to research if the other grocery stores have found groups to take their food on the weekends.  So much to do...I really need to learn about food and try to find ways to save more of it.

Smiley Rox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2017 10:12:47 AM »

wow...best giveaway of something I never used ever! ha ha ha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2017 02:41:28 PM »

Hi Always!  Lana is loving it!  She's going to be bringing your machine to do "color your own" buttons at our STEAM Night on March 31 and Global Youth Service Day on April 22!  I'll post pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2017 03:10:19 PM »

What a great gift, always!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2017 10:47:41 PM »

Hi all!

This Friday we had our STEAM/DM Auction.  All the handmade goodies were loved as usual! 

The knit/crocheted items were a big hit this time around.  The sewn stuff not so much.  I don't know if there is any rhyme or reason to it all. The handmade cards were a big hit too.  The jewelry which usually does really well didn't this time around.  Oh well.  The great thing about all these goodies is that I can store them for the next event!  Smiley 

But here is the exciting news....we made over 5K!  Smiley  It couldn't have come at a better time since we are gearing up for the food distribution!!!  And I fear that our van (old) is on its last legs.  It is over 16 years old and from the rewiring Bryan discovered he thinks that it was used to power and haul a trailer.  Today it wouldn't start and he ended up having to rent a vehicle to take them to their convention site visit.  This isn't the first time that this has happened. I am hoping that he'll consider getting another van soon.   

Here is Lana getting set up to make buttons.  I didn't get a good action shot, but you can see Always' machine and some of her preprinted button offerings.  They do well, but the kids really enjoy creating their own images.

We are now gearing up for Global Youth Service Day on April 22.  I'll share Lana's button design for that once it comes together.  Smiley

Thanks again to all of you for helping us!  You all have truly made a difference.
Rox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...