A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
249 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects More or Less...2017...Let's Create and Have Fun!  (Read 53597 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #870 on: October 11, 2017 09:49:21 PM »

Love the Pikachu slippers but at his age, will he wear them or just play with them? My granddaughter would be chewing on them and making a game of pulling them off so some gullible grown-up could put them back on her. LOL

Renstar, I started a biscuit/puff quilt decades ago and never came near to finishing it, so I think only taking a year is fantastic!

Lindy, I was tickled to see you got into your stash and did the cross-stitch on wood pendant. Cute fox face!

SheepBlue, the blue necklace went right over my head, but caught on immediately when I saw Luna's earrings. Hope you've had good luck finding the other costume components you were seeking!

Bunny1, are you saying you don't want another gadzillion zippers or fabric pieces?Huh I pulled zippers from my stash for you but never got them mailed. I've been working my tail off for the past several weeks on a mega project for a group I belong to, so I was lucky to eat or sleep (2-4 hours per night counts, doesn't it?) most days. Event is over; I survived, so I can still send zippers if you want them. Love the bags, especially the ones using the fabric with hedgehogs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
80/200 in 2017
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #871 on: October 12, 2017 09:39:04 AM »

Bunny1, are you saying you don't want another gadzillion zippers or fabric pieces?Huh I pulled zippers from my stash for you but never got them mailed. I've been working my tail off for the past several weeks on a mega project for a group I belong to, so I was lucky to eat or sleep (2-4 hours per night counts, doesn't it?) most days. Event is over; I survived, so I can still send zippers if you want them. Love the bags, especially the ones using the fabric with hedgehogs.

I have received SO MANY donations that I'll never be able to use everything we've got! It's crazy-good!!  However, if there are any ladies who are interested in donating personal care items (or cash for purchase of said items- I'll send you a receipt for your taxes), we'll gladly take those!!

As for those who have asked how the pouches are made, here's the little tute I posted on the Nerd Games thread. They are really easy, and no lining! Yay! I found this years ago, elsewhere on C-ster, so the idea is not mine, but I don't recall where I found it.

Cut fabric measuring 8 inches by 11 inches. I used 7 inch zippers. Pin the zipper face down along one of the 8 inch sides and stitch, then lay the other side of the zipper tape, face down on the other 8 inch side. Like so:

Once the zipper is sewn on, on the right side, press the fabric away from the zipper. Try not to crease the fabric where it folds. Tricky. You'll need to unzip the zipper all the way to topstitch the fabric on either side of the zipper.

Next is the only tricky part of the project. Lay the bag with the right sides together, zipper side facing you. You want to center the zipper, then fold the sides of the bag in toward the zipper. The inner folds don't need to meet, but they should be under the zipper tape at least. I'm  including several photos of this because I understand it's kind of confusing.

Move the zipper down about half way, then stitch the open ends of the bag closed. I used about 1/4 inch seam. Trim the zipper ends and threads, then turn right side out. Voila, c'est finis!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

View Profile WWW
« Reply #872 on: October 12, 2017 04:36:02 PM »

I had a number of tissue holders left over from the 'trying to kill me' event. Would you be interested in receiving them for your care pouches? If so, I'll include tissue packs to fill them as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

80/200 in 2017
RedheadWithThread
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #873 on: October 12, 2017 08:24:07 PM »

Thanks for the tutorial, bunny! I must have missed it on the Nerd Games thread Tongue Bags like this would be great to pack stuff for traveling and I know a few people who are looking to do some traveling next year. Also, probably make a great "kit bag" to send to soldiers who might need them. (True, one can no longer mail packages to "any soldier" but I'm sure once my hubs goes overseas he'll know at least one person who  lost or forgot to pack a small bag to organize/keep his razors and such in.)

kbrison, I'm very happy to report he actually wore them for two hours last night before he finally took them off and laid them on the living room rug. I think his feet got hot because my feet tend to get hot, which is why I'm often barefoot in my house even when it's freezing cold out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

flamingo obsessed

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #874 on: October 13, 2017 03:04:19 AM »

Renstar, I started a biscuit/puff quilt decades ago and never came near to finishing it, so I think only taking a year is fantastic!

me too. I think I made about a dozen puffs and then gave up, That was about a million years ago.

bunny those bags are brilliant. Well done! They are unlined right? I guess if you were to line them they would need to be handsewn to the zipper edge or something??

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, for supplies, surprises, flamingo themed things and general silliness

I would love to get my hands on charlie harper fabric.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

« Reply #875 on: October 13, 2017 06:51:36 AM »

bunny those bags are brilliant. Well done! They are unlined right? I guess if you were to line them they would need to be handsewn to the zipper edge or something??

Thank you! And yes, you'd probably have to do something like that. Might want to do a slightly larger version if you were lining it also. A bit less fiddly that way.

[/quote]
I had a number of tissue holders left over from the 'trying to kill me' event. Would you be interested in receiving them for your care pouches? If so, I'll include tissue packs to fill them as well.

Those would be fantastic! Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017 06:57:54 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

View Profile WWW
« Reply #876 on: October 13, 2017 05:24:20 PM »

I'll send the tissue holders as soon as I track down enough tissue packs to fill them. Shouldn't take too long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

80/200 in 2017
bunny1kenobi

« Reply #877 on: October 14, 2017 10:08:43 AM »

I'll send the tissue holders as soon as I track down enough tissue packs to fill them. Shouldn't take too long.

Thanks!  Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 15, 2017 08:13:20 AM »

Brilliant pouch tutorial, thanks for sharing it.

Quilting has been on my to-learn list for eons.  I've sandwiched some projects before but not officially cut and pieced things in a quiltified way.  For a swap, I dipped my toe in and *voila*

It is supposed to be a spool that has its last bit of thread.  Far from perfect but I learned a lot and look forward to more.   

This is the inspiration: 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.

My STS Shop
bunny1kenobi

« Reply #879 on: October 15, 2017 12:40:00 PM »

I love your piece! I recognized what it was right away, even before I read your description. Nice job!

I think the inspiration piece is super cute, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
October 18, 2017 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Mix and Match Napkins
Tute Tuesday: Mini Top Hat

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...