A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
247 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 108
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects More or Less...2017...Let's Create and Have Fun!  (Read 102841 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: July 12, 2017 03:32:23 AM »

Wow, everything looks so amazing! Fishstix how funny you and I are learning crochet at the same time. I will tackle ami next, so far it has only been food.
I'm on the road so not making much though I have finished some swap items, I'll post them when they've been received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #661 on: July 12, 2017 08:26:58 AM »

I made another cowl. This one will be a raffle prize for the Nerd Games.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #662 on: July 13, 2017 01:53:23 PM »

Such beautiful work everyone!  I love the cowl and the amiguri, and I love, love, love the large key mosaic.  Gorgeous colors!  It looks so smooth -- is that resin on the top?

I've been quiet, but I've been busy; need to start posting some of my finished projects soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZombieLili
« Reply #663 on: July 15, 2017 12:58:31 AM »

Hello wonderfull people  Cheesy

I hope everyone is well and happy. Live and work is busy, I still manages to craft/sew/draw a few things I just didn't have the time to post everything yet.

My lovely colleague married last month and I was so moved when she asked me if I could sew the ring pillow for her.
Here it is:

I made it completely with stuff I had at home. The flower stitching was a finished piece, I only stitched on the initials of their names with the infinity sign.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Happy crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #664 on: July 16, 2017 10:16:53 AM »

Good idea, utm, for everyone to make an item for a set. That way baby can wear love from more people at once Cheesy

Bunny, those colors are pretty! And I like the stitch you used: makes it look like braids Smiley

ZombieLili, that pillow is gorgeous! Shocked It's simple, yet elegant (which is my favorite sort of elegant).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #665 on: July 16, 2017 10:59:51 AM »

In my excitement over the pretties, I forgot to post the stuff I've made Roll Eyes

Doctor Who deck bag for a tall deck box:

LSU key fob:

Sewing basket:

Pokemon deck bags, with a close-up of one:

Pokemon thread catcher:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #666 on: July 17, 2017 05:34:19 PM »

Beautiful ring pillow ZombieLili, and I love the Pokeman bags!  You really do have to catch 'em all...

Here's some of the things I've finished since I last posted.  I've been working a lot of hours, and spending a lot of time with my folks - but there's always time for crafting, right?

8. Heart shaped sachets
I had a bumper crop of lavender this year and a lot of sock yarn lying around so Ive made an ongoing project out of knitting little lavender stuffed heart sachets.

I found this lovely little pattern on Ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/love-you-forever) and I found I can finish a heart in about an hour and a half of TV time.  I wanted to get a picture of the some two dozen Ive made so far this year but Ive been giving them away almost fast as I make them!

9. Tea blends

I didnt get a picture of this, but when a tea-loving friend was in the dumps, I made her a set of five different tea blends, each in their own little dime-store tins.  I used commercial teas as the base, then added my own herbs or spices, some of which Id grown myself.  It was a simple gift, but much appreciated.

10. Nutella bread

Ive been doing a lot of baking these days, and was particularly pleased with how this braided chocolate bread turned out.  Had one at home, took one to work, and one to my friend the carpenter none of them lasted very long!

11. Upward Spiral cowl
Another Ive got a huge skein of yarn I probably wont use for anything else project.  Simple spiral of alternating knit and purl blocks.  It turned out much nicer than I expected, altho knitting it seemed interminable.

12. Pi Day pies
I work with a lot of proudly self-proclaimed nerds, so its not surprising we go all out for Pi(e) Day March 14.  (My boss bought pizza, too!)

Fluffernutter pie, and lemon curd tarts with blackberries.  Yum..

13. Reeses cup Cake

The chocolate peanut butter combo was so popular with my boss I used that for his birthday cake. 

Chocolate cake, with sweetened, whipped peanut butter frosting, and little mini Reese cup decorations.
This was almost too rich for our crew.

14. Tealight cozy

A woman on a knitting forum is getting married in October, and fell in love with the idea of glittering tealights on each table, shining thru a lace cover.  No one is crazy enough to knit 40 tea light cozies, but when you put the call out to your friends

I made two for her and one for myself, and if I never use #1 needles again it will be too soon!

I also started off the summer baking season with a Rhubarb Strawberry Crumble, with rhubarb from my front yard, but the picture I took was pretty atrocious.

More to post another day - now to catch up on what all you have been doing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #667 on: July 17, 2017 08:50:50 PM »

Love everything that all of you are making, but I have to admit that Yofi went to the head of the line with her bread. All I had to hear was 'Nutella' and I started drooling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
Mlsocci74
« Reply #668 on: July 18, 2017 07:03:06 AM »

Everything looks awesome.  That cowl rocks! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 18, 2017 07:11:39 AM »

The cowl is very pretty, so are the cushion covers. Excellent deck box bags and key fob. All the desserts look delish and the knitting is super pretty. One day I will conquer my resistance to the needles, until then it's all hooking for me (*snort*).

We are managing a garden again this year despite getting started late, going away for 2 weeks, and also not having planted anything at all. These tomatoes were hidden in the crop of weeds I finally cleared from the boxes in the back yard. I spread them out evenly in the dirt and a few weeks later they are enormous and spilling out of their containers. I've really got to learn to better gauge the space they'll need, I always put them WAY too close together when they are small.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 108 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...