A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
194 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 108
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects More or Less...2017...Let's Create and Have Fun!  (Read 101136 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2017 06:04:08 PM »

wow!  Catching up here!

Congrats ranthyhippie!!!!  A baby girl!

Gaudiknight...I love those socks...I, too, am trying to get rid of bits and bobs of sock yarn!  It is a never ending battle...you buy some yarn to go with the bits and bobs...then you have that yarn left over so you have to get more...on and on...ha ha ha

My goal is to knit 6 pairs, but I have already done two and am almost done with a third pair, so maybe 12 pairs...

CLM--of course cooking and baking counts...I would say maybe new recipes or old time favorites?  I have some meatless dishes and also breads to try this year...I am getting ingredients tomorrow to make Vodka bread!

Also, I have tried frigging, I mean frogging, old sweaters for yarn..yikes...what a mess!  But, I do like what you made with yours...and of course, your helper...Grin.

JS--I bet your lip balm smells yummy!  Peach is one of my favorites!

And what a cool tree!  Wow...I thought it was photoshopped at first...

TheMistressT--looks like your bacon treats are a hit!  What a good looking dog...and very eager for his snack!

UTM--looks like you and Lana are going to be busy again this year with Difference Makers!  Love the vests!

Wryly--I love that stocking!  I should get busy making them while it is cold...I never get around to making them and before you know it, it is Christmas already!  Love the color combo!

primrosepetunia...nice hats...I love textures on hats...the last one is gorgeous!

lindy, lindy, lindy...surely you can find SOMETHING to give up! Grin

I gave up a few things:

embroidery stretcher bars for large projects and aida cloth...I really do not enjoy cross stitch so I am letting it go...

American Doll and other doll stuff...I am going to make one winter dress for my childhood doll and that is it...all the kiddos are growing up so I am done...this is going to another crafting person

have a great weekend!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017 06:06:41 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2017 06:37:16 PM »

Lots more planned too. Where to start?
Sometimes I try to prioritize projects but I usually end up doing what strikes my fancy. I often sign up for swaps just to force me to follow some sort of schedule, the pressure keeps me on track. Maybe join the fake swap craft-a-long so you feel accountable for staying within a time line you set out?

Pinterest
, I joined and started stashing ideas there, then I got bombed with ads, ugh. I went back to sticking images into my computer files. They are very well organized into categories so I can quickly scan through for inspiration. The downside is not knowing where a lot of it was originally found but there's this reverse image google option to help tracking stuff down so that's what I'll try in future. It's good to be able to credit wherever an idea came from after all.
Lipbalm is on my list, not for myself since I have plenty still but for a friend who runs a girl's crafting group with her spiritual organization. Once I show her how to do something she is good to instruct her class, she just needs a confidence boost of hands on experience first sometimes.
Those hats are lovely. I haven't crochetted a chapeau in ages, I should do that this winter.
I need to make stockings, the two youngest children don't have them. It's nice to have one made just for you.
AIMR, we have a friend with a doll like the American Girl for whom we sometimes make clothes. Please share whatever you do, it's fun to collect ideas for that. She is the girl my two made sock monkeys with this summer, she is Very crafty herself!

Tomorrow we build a platform to stabilize more shelves in my craft room. The basement floor is not level at all to allow for drainage. That's a great feature, believe me (we had a water issue one time so I know!) but not awesome for any sort of shelf or surface.
Once that's done you are going to see my list fill up, I have 5 swaps going on and LOTS of ideas itching to get out!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017 06:49:23 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2017 06:45:34 PM »

Congrats Rantyhippie!!!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2017 11:43:53 AM »

Yay, rantyhippie!  I'm all done having kids, but I'm itching for some grand babies. Wish my kiddos would hurry up and get on board! LOL!

I have a few projects!

Queen Bee shirt (the lettering is on the shoulder of the sleeve)

Red Riding Hood umbrella

Alien gift tags

Alien note cards

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watsonc7
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2017 12:48:57 PM »

Congrats RantyHippie!  Oooh baby girls!!  I always wanted a boy so I accidentally said "awww man!" out loud when I found out I was having a girl at my ultrasound (no judgement)...but eventually I calmed myself down about having to buy pink things and barbies (I was never girly girly) and how in the world would I keep her away from boys.  Cut to 10 years later and she's always been the absolute best thing I've ever crafted, I'm so thankful!  Side note: I bought the pink things and tons of Barbie stuff early on and she ended up being drawn to dirt, science, dragons and wolves, yay!

Along the baby lines....I finished another project today.  My sister in law requested bandana bibs for my new nephew Cruz.  I ended up using different fabric combos (so I can get feedback on which ones absorbed the best) and 3 different bandana styles/sizes.  I'm all about mixin it up.  I really really tried to use only my stash (half of them are), but my other sister in law bought me the joanns fabric calendar with a coupon for every month and I wouldn't want her to think I hated her gift (I'll have to prove it every month this year), so I added the awesome deer, x, and teepee fabric to my stash. I'm just not a rude person  Grin
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017 01:27:14 PM by Watsonc7 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2017 06:13:47 PM »

Those are nice bibs. I am planning a few of those as well. I am due in May, and I am halfway through with her blanket!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
pinterest.com/artisticgamer
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2017 09:18:09 PM »

the queen bee shirt is great!  Love the little touch of gold!

cute bibs...baby stuff is so fun!

food, week 2...asparagus and mushroom crepes with feta cheese sauce

socks using the last of my scrap cotton yarns!

terrible picture, but round little crochet ball for my kitten

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017 09:20:52 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2017 10:46:30 PM »

Those crepes look good, and I don't even like asparagus! Congrats on using the last of your scrap cotton yarns!

The bibs are very cute. I've been making them, too, although using a different style pattern. Some just to have as impromptu gifts, some for my brand new granddaughter.

Bunny1kenobi, that Queen Bee shirt looks so very professional. Love the little gold crown!

Congrats, ranty! Babies are so wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
ZombieLili
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2017 05:36:30 AM »

Congrats RantyHippie Smiley

Here are my first two projects of 2017: Two bags (They still need some ironing...).

I started a third one that I need to finish till friday since it is a birthday present. I also wanted to do some ATCs this weekend because I haven't done some in ages...but so much to do, so little time  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geekgirl1000100
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2017 06:25:54 AM »

Sera - that flannel blanket looks so warm.  I could use that right now!  And all the socks people are making.  I'm bundled up and cold in my house.  I had the heat down too low last night and it's not warmed up yet.

goktrose that is a sweet floppy bunny.

nooo - such fun looking mail!

DncingDreamer - a pinterest board is a good idea!

JS - tangerine lip balm sounds really good.

Lovely stocking wryly

bunny1kenobi that's some nice stenciling and like thos aliens tags and cards.

Lovely bags ZombieLili,
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 108 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...