A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
208 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rise of the Cougars Geezer Swap, Round 7 SIGNUPS CLOSED, SENDOUTS 4/1/17  (Read 18161 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2017 04:51:30 AM »

I've made some progress this morning, so now I'm going to go to the cat shelter for their monthly caf.

I didn't check my yarn beforehand so all of a sudden I realised I just had a sort length of yarn in my hand. I suspect I got some yarn left over and just fastened it around the skein last time I used it... so what I thought was the end of the skein was just a shorter (but still fairly long) piece of yarn. Luckily I could find a good place to attach more yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2017 07:15:42 AM »

I did not finish over the weekend, but I'm so close (disclaimer: Mr. Road says not really, but he'll concede that I'm more than half-way). I think I have an idea for the second "half" that will help it take significantly less time than the first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia
« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2017 09:56:19 AM »

I am at a point where I could be done with stage 2. May have to be done with stage 2. working on the 3rd and final stage right now, hoping there will be time to revisit stage 2.

So unhappy with it. This is going to be a time when my partner is going to shake her head and say "Did she even read my questionnaire?" but every time I tried to vary from the pattern to be more inline with what I thought my partner was requesting it just wasn't working out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2017 12:59:56 AM »

I am at a point where I could be done with stage 2. May have to be done with stage 2. working on the 3rd and final stage right now, hoping there will be time to revisit stage 2.

So unhappy with it. This is going to be a time when my partner is going to shake her head and say "Did she even read my questionnaire?" but every time I tried to vary from the pattern to be more inline with what I thought my partner was requesting it just wasn't working out.

Sometimes we are our own worst critics, I have never, ever seen anything of yours that wasn't really good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with yo
Averia
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2017 03:36:55 AM »

Thank you Edel, you are much too kind
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noelle
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2017 09:15:02 AM »

I'm sure it will be lovely!

Having similar misgivings about my own project, but I think it will come together in the end.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn
You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2017 01:42:06 AM »

Panicking so hard right now about sendouts! May I whine a little? After finishing everything else (well, nearly), having conquered that second bout of whatevers and finally having a few days off work this week (they kept calling me in for absent/sick coworkers) I pinched a nerve or something in my back on Monday. At first I thought it wasn't that bad and just kept on working, but it seems that was not a good idea. Still thought it wasn't anything much really and I could fix it on my own. I can't. Now I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow but I might not be ready to send by Saturday. I can sit here and browse Craftster, that seems to work just fine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 29, 2017 06:34:37 AM »

I hope you heal quickly, anna.wahnsinn!!

And no worries about the send out date panic - I'm totally feeling it, too, and I don't have an excuse! Just a massive project that I may have underestimated. I'm still hopeful I'll be on time, but it's gonna be close!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #238 on: March 30, 2017 01:37:32 AM »

I can sit here and browse Craftster, that seems to work just fine!

Poor you Anna, But browsing Craftster seems to cure everything
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with yo
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #239 on: March 30, 2017 08:57:51 AM »

I've tried to sneak in some crafting during breaks at work, but I'm nervous about the deadline too. It all depends on how long it'll take to ___________ the ___________s. I've tried not to leave all the finishing for last, but I can't finish stuff before I craft them so there are some things I simply can't prepare ahead of time.

Worst case scenario I'll send on monday, but I still have hopes to meet the deadline. There's those pesky drying times that might throw a spanner in the works.

I hope you feel better soon Anna!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...