A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
124 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2017 DeStash Along  (Read 24510 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017 09:01:22 AM »

"Begin as you mean to go on." That's one of the sayings I use a lot. I sure do have a lot of projects I've started for myself and never finished. I'll make it a new years resolution to get some of those done.

I finished lots of little fabric beads last night. I have a big basket of scrap bits beside the bed which is a good thing because the studio is impassible right now. All the holiday stuff and bits and bobs from cleaning the house for company have gotten shoved in there. We also got a bigger freezer so that's crammed into the laundry room along with the old empty one that's still needing to be moved out. And we moved our coffee roaster inside as well. Thank goodness the man is taking a week off from work and we registered the kids for winter camp next week. I need to sort that mess out, oh my gosh. It's so crazy in there right now.
I am making myself a promise to finished ALL the WIPs I have stashed. I have to, have to clear some work space. Every time we get out a project we've got to unpack the entire room from around all that other stuff. It's tedious instead of fun :/.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Padester
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017 09:12:49 AM »

Question - does it have to be white AND stripes AND inspired by history AND for myself AND one of the two challenges, or just any of the above? 'Cuz I can do white for myself, stripes for myself, etc . . . not sure about the history thing, and not sure how to fit all those pieces together into one stash-busting piece! Would love to play along, though . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017 09:40:51 AM »

We post monthly themes and challenges to help kick-start your creativity, but don't feel yourself bound by them.

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017 09:41:33 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017 11:19:25 AM »

I started a bit of cleaning and organizing the other day. I can destash all of my white cotton yarn for dishcloths.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017 11:59:08 AM »

Question - does it have to be white AND stripes AND inspired by history AND for myself AND one of the two challenges, or just any of the above? 'Cuz I can do white for myself, stripes for myself, etc . . . not sure about the history thing, and not sure how to fit all those pieces together into one stash-busting piece! Would love to play along, though . . .

Your DeStash Projects don't have to be any of these.  We've had people participating for years without ever filling any of the themes/prompts.  The important thing is that you're having fun crafting from your stash.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017 12:19:19 PM »

Finished a WIP yesterday that is mostly white and, since it was started at least 4 or 5 years ago, it definitely needed to be cleared from my craft room. Will modify this post once I can post a photo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
87/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
wryly
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017 05:34:06 PM »

Sign me up!
I didn't realize how much stuff I had until I tried to organize it in one room. I live with my sister - and my room seemed big enough...until I put in a queen size bed, computer desk, dresser, bookshelves, sewing machine. Then I brought in my craft supplies. LOL.
I decided to organize and stash bust this Christmas. I've made about 15 or so stockings from my stash, finished up a couple projects that I've let slide and am organizing what I can. Right now I'm putting odds and ends I find in shoeboxes and shopping bags. It seems I have a little bit of everything: buttons, ribbons, materials. I think some scrappy quilts will be my next project.

I like some of the themes that have been suggested. I might even do one or two of them! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
audio

Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
Re:
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017 08:44:44 PM »

I realized last year that there is no hope in my not adding stuff to my stash, but this year I'm going to try to destash the stuff I've been hoarding for years.

I got a head start last year in the Givers/Needers swap and sent Edelc all of the scrapbook paper I've been hoarding since 2010ish. I used to work at a small scrapbook store that carried all those 'name' brand papers like mymindseye, graphic45, 7gypsies, octoberafternnoon, etc and I'd been waiting for the 'perfect' project to use the papers on. Well fast forward 6 years and I still haven't used them so I decided it was about time to let it go. It was about 5 lbs of paper. I did keep a few sheets for myself, but that put a HUGE dent in my paper supplies. I just don't use scrapbook paper much anymore
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017 05:34:09 AM by audio » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017 01:27:24 PM »

I am a supplies hoarder. I've expanded beyond my storage several times.

I shared my crafting hobby with my mother-in-law, who died earlier this year. And so, she asked me, before she died, to sort out her stash and not let her children throw it all in a skip. All I had to deal with was her stash, whilst her children dealt with everything else in the house.

I still haven't finished working through that stash, whilst the rest of the house is done some weeks ago. I've spent a week and a half of 8 hour days so far and worked through 4 out of the 5 rooms full of crafting materials. This is not because I'm reminiscing over the supplies or admiring them, it's because half of the boxes are labeled "odds" and contain anything that didn't have a home immediately to hand. The other half are labeled e.g. glitter, cards, shells e.t.c. BUT all the boxes contain "odds".

It is heartbreaking, finding so many half finished projects, separated from their remaining materials. Cards and gifts, clearly planned for individuals, who never received them and now never will, because I can't complete them. Also, there is a lot of money invested in supplies, bought because she couldn't find the last lot that she bought. I have a drawer full of tubes of her favourite glue, about a third of them opened, a whole drawer, full of one sort of glue. I've collected it together, from all the boxes and drawers I've sorted.

I promise, I will sort out my stash. If a box says wool, it will hold wool. If it says A4 paper, it will hold A4 paper and nothing else. I may add a little to my stash from my mother-in-law, but not much. I will make sure that it goes where it will be appreciated and used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017 01:34:20 PM »

Oh, what sadness. & a lesson to us. I'll get sorting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...