A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,078
Currently Running With Scissors:
177 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2017 DeStash Along  (Read 18050 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

gaudiknight
« on: January 01, 2017 11:30:48 AM »

2017 DeStash-Along

Crafts by Peter Dutton, on Flickr

For most crafters the question isn't "Do You Have a Stash?" but rather "How big is your stash?"  Stashes can be big or small, from a single jar of seed beads to enough yarn to insulate your house.  They let us whip up last minute decorations and gifts, squirrel awesome supplies away until we can figure exactly how to use them, and rest easily in our beds knowing that in some future dystopia where pipe-cleaners are used as currency we will live like royalty.

Stashes are amazing things to have, but they are even more fun to use.  Join us on a year-long crafting spree through your stash!  All crafts and materials are welcome.  We post monthly themes and challenges to help kick-start your creativity, but don't feel yourself bound by them.  This is a place to talk with your fellow supply enthusiasts and show off projects made with your carefully curated hoard stash.

Join any time!

We've been going strong since 2009.  Take a look at our past DeStash Alongs for more information and inspiration:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017 11:32:02 AM »

Hold for Updates/Info:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017 11:32:51 AM »

2017 Themes

January
For: Yourself
Color: White
Pattern: Stripes
Inspiration: History
Challenge #1: Take stock of your stash.  See what you have on hand and create some goals for the coming year.
Challenge #2: Begin as you mean to go on.  Stop whatever you’re doing right now and craft an item entirely from your stash on hand.

February
For: Charity
Color: Pink
Pattern: Paisley
Inspiration: Music
Challenge #1: A Place for Everything.  Make something to help organize your stash or crafting space.
Challenge #2: What’s this good for?  If you have an item in your stash that is just too cool to pass up but you’re having trouble finding a good use for, share it here so we can admire it and give you some ideas.

March
For: A Child
Color: Green
Pattern: Argyle
Inspiration: The Weather
Challenge #1: Itsy Bitsy.  Make something teeny-tiny from your stash.  Every little bit helps.
Challenge #2: Playing Favorites.  Make something  using your favorite technique, pattern, or material.

April
For: Your House
Color: Yellow
Pattern: Floral
Inspiration: Animals
Challenge #1: Go Big or Go Home!  Make something enormous out of materials from your stash.  You’d be surprised how much you actually have!
Challenge #2: Nature’s Bounty.  If your stash comes from more than just the craft store, make something out of the bits and pieces of mother nature you’ve collected.

May
For: A Teacher
Color: Blue
Pattern: Polka Dots
Inspiration: A Childhood Memory
Challenge #1: Spring Cleaning.  After a few months of heavy use, it can be helpful to take a few moments to put your stash back in order and clear off your craft space for the next round of creativity.
Challenge #2: Good to the last drop.  Do you have a tiny amount of a particular supply?  Half a dozen sequins, a small collection of sock yarn leftovers, etc. ? Make a project to use up the last little bits.

June
For: Your Pet
Color: Your Favorite
Pattern: Chevrons & Zig-Zags
Inspiration: Technology
Challenge #1: The Three Rs.  Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle by making something upcycled materials.
Challenge #2: Halfway There!  We've been DeStashing together for 6 months now.  Look back at the goals you made at the beginning of the year.  How are you doing?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017 12:09:46 PM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017 12:53:33 PM »

I was terrible about reducing my stash this past year. Instead it just seemed to keep growing and growing. But I did most of my projects fully from stash (anything I've had for at least a year or longer), so I DID try! I'll be playing along again this year. Maybe I'll do a better job this time.

To see my destashing projects from 2016 click on the 50 Projects tag at the bottom of my post.

Happy New Year to everyone! Let's get those creative juices going.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
5/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

A CANDLE LIT FOR YOU!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017 02:30:25 PM »

Happy New Year! Great themes for this year, super fun Smiley.
We've had friends over but as we socialized I've quietly kept my stitchy fingers busy finishing up a scrappy patch & starting a few more fabric beads.

Bigger than I usually make, 7"X8".

These are so fun.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017 02:33:08 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017 04:30:46 PM »

Maybe 2017 will be my destash year! I hope so. I have a few ideas of ways to really make a dent in my fabric, at least. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 5.6
gaudiknight
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017 04:40:05 PM »

January DeStash Themes

Untitled by Munir Squires, on Flickr

For: Yourself
Color: White
Pattern: Stripes
Inspiration: History
Challenge #1: Take stock of your stash.  See what you have on hand and create some goals for the coming year.
Challenge #2: Begin as you mean to go on.  Stop whatever youre doing right now and craft an item entirely from your stash on hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017 04:52:43 PM »

White and stripes and history. Interesting. I definitely have a fabric in mind for white, but not sure about the other two prompts yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017 04:55:49 PM »

Count me in! I still have a lot of stashbusting to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius

www.etsy.com/shop/BlackbirdRanch

pinterest.com/artisticgamer
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017 05:19:30 PM »

Oooo. I have a destash/mostly stash project on my radar already that is definitely connected to history... or historical fiction, that is.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 5.6
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kid Friendly Fruit Snacks
@Home This Weekend: Designated Cutting Boards
Tute Tuesday: Altered Journal Page

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...