A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Which flip flop creation is your favorite?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 313,861
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2017 Ongoing ATC Swap Discussion Thread  (Read 11448 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Crafting is the best medicine.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2017 09:37:38 AM »

Ugh, worse news. There were 4 letters in the car but 3 vanished. Now the letter one of the kids wrote to their relative in BC has been returned to the top of our letter box. Opened up. It was stamped and addressed so if it was found out somewhere I think the person would just have dropped it in a mail box rather than coming all the way to our house with it. So it looks like someone lifted them from the car but had the heart to give back the kid letter, after seeing there were no valuables inside of course Tongue.

Rockingbearranch yours was the one left behind so it's safe. Gozer, one was for you and it contained more than just the ATC. I will remake and repackage and next time ensure we create time to get to the post office no matter how busy the rest of the day gets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2017 10:12:53 AM »

Oh that really sucks! I would be livid if someone took something out of my car, then again I would have a hard time figuring that out since my car is such a mess.  Embarrassed   I don't know how it goes for the swap but as far as I am concerned there are no hurries. I hate to feel rushed when I craft. ATCs should be fun and not a source of stress and irritation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye

« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2017 01:35:18 PM »

Oh no CLM!!! I know how frustrating it can be when things like that go missing...I had my vehicle broken into while in my driveway years ago. We lived out in the country and never had any problems with break-ins so I had a bad habit of leaving my purse in the car. The only things taken were my purse and a couple fashion magazines! I thought I was going crazy and lost them somewhere and didn't know they had been taken from my vehicle until other area break-ins were reported. They left CDs and other things presumably because the dog scared them off. But to take magazines? I thought I was losing my mind and had misplaced them somewhere! I hope your other envelopes turn up for you anyhow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ongoing ATC swaps!!!
Pinterest/Instagram
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2017 03:38:18 PM »

They are long gone. Best I can figure is when we were moving something out of the van into the back yard we'd have been away for about 10 mins max. Rob is very careful about locking the doors and I am uber tidy and organized so there is no clutter in there. One envelop was an eye catching red, I'm sure it was an oportunistic snatch and dash. The only one that could have been opened easily was the one a neighbour must have found on the ground and put back on our mail box. The others were taped up like fort knox, lol. They left sunglasses and change, guess they were hoping for a score. Hope they like art Tongue.

I don't mind crafting again, I'm half-way finished one replacement and maybe it will even turn out better than the first one. I took pictures, y'all can judge later on. I mailed the one they missed today, silver lining Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna

wandering...

« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2017 04:01:18 PM »

So sorry, CLM!  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2017 07:59:40 AM »

The kids found one of the cards down the street this morning on their way to school, they ran home hollering and SO excited! It'd been in the envelop on the ground and gotten rained on at least twice but the ATC was in a sleeve so though soggy it might be ok when I dry it out. I'm almost finished the other replacement, all's well that ends well, right? WHEW!
Oh, and our neighbour's vehicle was ransacked the same day so now I know for sure that there's been a dirty thieving rat walking down our street recently. I will be on guard from now on!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017 08:00:44 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2017 01:43:46 PM »

Hey peeps, as I peruse your lists I sometimes wish there was a way to know which items have never been chosen before. I know I love all the stuff on my list and am sure you all only keep things you'd like to receive but it would be fun to send something that has never sparked inspiration before. Is anybody interested in marking, like with an asterisk or some such, the things they've never had sent to them? I confess, I would be tempted by every * I see Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2017 02:23:19 PM »

That's a great idea! I think I'd be willing to do that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2017 02:47:36 PM »

Hey peeps, as I peruse your lists I sometimes wish there was a way to know which items have never been chosen before. I know I love all the stuff on my list and am sure you all only keep things you'd like to receive but it would be fun to send something that has never sparked inspiration before. Is anybody interested in marking, like with an asterisk or some such, the things they've never had sent to them? I confess, I would be tempted by every * I see Wink.

I was just thinking this!!! I have several that I've never gotten, but have been on my list through several swaps. I am convinced, I will separate them out when I have a moment. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2017 03:07:06 PM »

That is a great idea. I'm gonna do it! I often try and choose themes that I have not seen in the gallery, just as a challenge to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cons to Mary Janes
Shark Week, Post Deux
A Key Component

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...