A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 315,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
158 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 133 (January 2017)  (Read 7666 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

rscowtown
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lemme know how I can pray for you!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: December 21, 2016 07:45:35 AM »

Ongoing Wish Swap Round 133 January 2017

Click here for the Gallery/Discussion for round 133

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: rscowtown
Sign-up date range: 1/1/2017---1/31/2017
Claim date range 1/1/2017---1/31/2017 (some claims made near the end of the month will have a ship by date in the following month)
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after the date of the claim

Limited to a certain number of people? No, heck no! when the wall are starting to bow and the ceiling looks like its gonna cave in, we will just get a bigger room!

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO--everyone is warmly welcomed! Hey Tell us about where YOU live! share some pix, slap some up on a new pinterest board, let us stalk you from afar....and long to visit you!

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES you betcha, and I got a great co-organizer all lined up
- Is at least 18 years old: YES im gonna be 55 this year wheeeee!

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative comments: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:

This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month.

The size of the claim should be a medium item. This means 2 or more crafting hours (this is not cooking time, drying time, etc.. waiting around for something to set up.......it is craft time for the average crafter) or supplies worth at least $20.

ABOUT SENDING AND RECEIVING...
1) When you send to the person you have claimed, you MUST PM the organizer with the delivery confirmation # or if you are outside the US, you need to either PM the customs number on your receipt from the post office or upload a copy of your post office receipt.

2) When you receive a claim, you MUST PM the organizer so she can update the main list.

3) NEW!!!! We are asking that everyone post once a week in the discussion/gallery board--so that we know you're still here with us Smiley  Obviously, if you join mid month, you would only need to post for the weeks you are in the swap (the last 2 weeks cuz you weren't in the swap during the first 2 weeks).

If you post:  "I'm still here but swamped with work!" that's ok! If you want to post a big rambling note about what you did during the week, that's ok too. Don't forget to comment on the awesome items folks are receiving from their claims!

Did you make something that you'd just love to make again? Post it in the discussion and suggest that mebby someone add it to their wish list so you mebby could claim them! I had lots of paint and brushes left over from when I taught One Stroke Painting classes (am a certified One Stroke Painting Instructor). Some of those brushes and paints were sent to a new home(s) cuz they don't like sitting in my storage rooms down in the store. Do you have extra stuff that needs a new home? list it in a post, and give us a nudge to add it to our wish lists!

Go ahead, check out your excess or duplicate things, mention them in this swap's discussion board and perhaps they too will soon be winging their way to a new home where they will be used!

Let's keep the discussions going and maybe growing--ideas for some games we can do in the discussion/gallery board? I would be more than happy to supply some prizes!

These 2 required PM's are part of communication and are used when giving feedback for participating in this swap.

If you want to participate, information to send to: rscowtown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 133 {January 2017}
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:

1. Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (If not, please read carefully to be sure you do not claim someone outside your country)

2. Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)

3. Do you understand that you are claiming for at least a medium sized item? For this swap a medium sized item means 2 or more crafting hours or over $20 worth of supplies.

4. Are you a Friend of Craftster?

5. How many claims are you allowed? (New swappers--this would be your very first swap ever--1 claim; those who have been in swaps before--2 claims; Friends of Craftster--3 claims) Please type 1, 2 or 3--->

6. Do you agree that you will PM the organizer when you send and when you receive, and if sending, PM the delivery confirmation # or a pic of the receipt if you are outside the US?

7. Do you understand that you should post at once a week in the discussion thread?

8. Share your New Year's resolutions:

Any questions?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER (rscowtown) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Do not post in this thread until you are ready to make a claim. All discussion needs to be kept in the discussion/gallery thread. Please post at least once in the discussion thread.

When you PM the organizer for sending and receiving please include the name of the swap (including the round) and the due date of the claim.  
I.E.  Sally ----> Suzy for a pink pony saddle due out Jan 1

Please pay close attention to your partners wish list and allergies, likes, dislikes etc. Make sure your own allergy information and your country are prominently displayed in your post.

Do not claim someone while waiting for approval. You may claim as soon as you get approval confirmation.

Have your list including both 15 medium crafted items AND 15 supply items ready before making your first claim (the more you have, the better your chance of getting claimed quickly).

Please include your claims status: How many claims you have made in total, how many are in transit and how many have been received by their intended recipients. i.e/ 4 claims/1 in transit/2 received.

Unsent Claim Limit:
Friend of Craftster: Three
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two

You may claim again once you have shipped a claim but you can not have more than twice your Unsent Claim Limit outstanding at any one time.

If you are a friend of craftster you can have 3 unsent claims open at a time and no more than 6 total claims open (open meaning in transit as well as not yet sent) no matter how many have been posted. As an example, You claim 3 times, send all 3 claims out, then claim 3 more times. Even when you send any or even all of those 3 claims, you can not claim again until a claim has been received. So a person can be 6 claims/3 in transit/0 received. Or 6/6/0 or 8/5/2 or 7/5/1.

If you are not a friend of craftster, you can have at most 2 claims unsent and 4 claims total between unsent and in transit. So 4/2/0 is okay or 5/3/1 or 6/4/2

If this is your first swap, You can have at most one claim in transit and one claim unsent. 2/1/0, 2/2/0, 3/1/1

Please keep in mind that DC#'s are required for all US to US cans and receipts are required for all international claims. If you can not provide a receipt and the item does not arrive you will need to resend the claim.

If you have questions, please PM rscowtown. Welcome to the January 2017 Round 133 of the OWS!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017 10:44:58 AM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings, Laurel in Wisconsin
http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

PRIVATE SWAPS: prayer flags, mug rugs, other stuff, PM me please!

Hostess of OWS since August 2014 Smiley
rscowtown

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016 07:48:26 AM »

Happy New Year!! Sign up for Round 133--We have room for YOU to craft the new year with us!:

1. Averia  3: 3/0/3
2. Grab a coffee  2: 2/0/2  x
3. rscowtown 3: 3/0/3  x
4. anna.wahnsinn  3: 2/0/2
5. audio  3: 2/0/2
6. underthemountain  3: 1/0/1
7. Alliekat914  3: 2/0/2  
8. JS  2:  3/0/3  
9. gala_apples  2: 1/0/1  
10. Mlsocci74  3: 2/0/2  
11. sammylouise40  2: 2/0/2  
12. snowyangel  2: 2/0/2  
13. kittykill  3: 3/0/3
14. RaraAvis 3: 3/0/3  
15. fishstix43  2: 1/0/1  
16. spikefan  3: 3/0/3  x
17. Momof2!  2: 2/0/2

[name;#of claims they can have; #claims in process/ #claims in transit/ #claims received]
(3 claims is a Friend of Craftster or FOC; 2 claims is someone who has been in swapss previously; 1 claim is for newbies)
~~~~~~~~~~

Claim someone in round 133 with us!

1. JS starts us out by claiming ----> Averia she got dis PP
2. audio claimeth ----> JS for a box for her dresser she got dis PP
3. anna.wahnsinn yells "CLAIM!" on ----> audio for those dangly earrings sent Jan. 23 PP
4. Averia jumps in claiming ----> anna.wahnsinn for a t-shirt she got dis PP
5. Grab a coffee claims ----> Averia for something pink baby thingy she got dis
6. JS captured the claim flag for ----> GAC for Christmas gift bags she got dis PP
7. Averia screams "CLAIM YOU!" to ----> JS for a table runner she got dis PP
8. gala_apples lays claim on ----> Averia for a baby item (probably a carry-all bag)  she got dis PP
9. swooping in all the way from Germay is AW who whispers "claim" to ----> gala_apples for a beaded necklace  she got dis PP
10. Alliekat914 claims ----> AW for a surprise she got dis
11. audio is gonna make some TM patches for ----> Alliekat914 she got dis PP
12. Allie yells "BACK TO YOU!" to ----> audio for a surprise she got dis
13. Mlsocci74 claims ----> Allie for a Ruby item and supplies she got dis PP
14. RaraAvis is claiming ----> Mlsocci74 for THE PURSE! she got da purse! PP
15. sammylouise40 will send something birdie flying to ----> RA she got dis PP
16. underthemountain claimeth ----> sammylouise40 for a steampunk ring and something else that's fun she got dis PP
17. kittykill spies a fun metal stamp to send to ----> utm she got dis
18. sammylouise is gonna send ----> kittykill a Pinterest surprise--wheeeee!  kitty got dis!
19. spikefan jumps in and claims jewelry and other things for ----> sammylouise she got dis PP
20. RaraAvis claims ----> spikefan for a Darth Vader infinity scarf or pillow case she got dis PP
21. BACK TO YOU!!! spikefan ----> RaraAvis for a hooooooooopla! she got dis PP
22. Grab a coffee sneaks in and claims ----> spikefan for towels   she got dis
23. rscowtown claimeth ----> GAC for sock yarn from England Smiley she got dis PP
24. Momof2! claims me ----> rscowtown for supplies from one of my lists i got dis PP
25. snowyangel says "bully!" to ----> Momof2! for a french bulldog surprise or 2 she got dis PP
26. kittykill found something fun for ----> snowyangel on her pinterest list  she got dis PP
27. fishstix43 is eyeing up a boho dream catcher for ----> kittykill she got dis PP
28. Barging thru to the front, yelling "CLAIMIFIED!" and pointing to ----> fishstix43 is JS  she got dis PP
29. I claim ----> JS for 5 books from her Amazon list she got all 5 PP
30. kittykill claims ----> rscowtown for a knitting totebag (squeeeeeeeee!) I got dis and its adorable!!
31. Averia be a-claiming ----> kittykill for supplies (and who among us would EVAH say no to MORE supplies Smiley, and maybe a book she got dis PP
32. snowyangel is sending ----> Averia some girlie items for her granddaughter she got dis
33. Momof2! claims ----> snowyangel for yummy goodies she got dis too
34. spikefan is helping some spider jewelry crawl over to ----> Momof2! dem creepy crawlers arrived, and they are adorable! PP
35. RaraAvis claims ----> spikefan for a surprise supply she got dis too
36. Mlsocci74 says ----> RA needs more supplies  she got dis PP
37. I claim ----> Mlsocci74 for some items on her list she got both of dem PP
38. spikefan claimed ---->rscowtown for a tote bag I got dis

DIS SWAP IS HEREBY OFFICIALLY CLOSED FOR CLEANSING!
~~~~~~~~~

sent to person they claimed
Person has received the lovely items crafted especially for them
PP=pictures in gallery for us to drool over
Late with communication; things happen, just drop a PM to your hostess please
MIA Please contact hostess ASAP "We miss you!!"
r=removed as they were unable to claim this round
feedback given=you sent, you received=whooohoooo!!!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017 02:01:12 PM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016 08:05:11 AM »

The first person up for claiming in the new round for January 2017 is Averia!

Here is her info:

About Me: My name is Laura and I live in Maryland with my husband, 3 kids, a dog, a cat, a rabbit, and a box turtle.

For most things, I would prefer items inspired by my pinterest instead of exact duplicates.

I am a huge fan of Loki, Firefly/Serenity, steampunk, and the color blue in all shades, especially when paired with white

We have no allergies here (other than awful ragweed allergies... but can't see that as much of an issue in swap packages)

NEW BIG WISH!!! My Franki is going to make me a Grandmama in April - if there is anything you particularly like making for a baby, she needs everything! The parents-to-be have picked red and black for the nursery colors?!?! I was hoping for tiffany blue - you know, works for either a boy or a girl... Anyway, we don't know gender yet and we would love anything you enjoy making. And please, variety being the spice of life, feel free to completely ignore the red and black color scheme.

Please feel to claim me for anything on my Please make this for me boards on pinterest:
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me/
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-knitcrochet/ 
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-embroidered-bits/
https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-sewn-bags-containters-pouc/

Anything inspired by something on my blue and white board is fair game too:
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/blue-white/ 

or really any board... I love pinterest surprises.

I started a baby board https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/baby-crafting/ but don't limit yourself to things I have pinned. If there is something useful that you like to make, we would be happy to receive. Ideas are bibs, burp clothes, receiving blankets, stuffies, Those little blankets that hook onto a car seat carrier, portable changing pad with a pocket for wipes, doohickey for hanging a bottle on a stroller, play & go mat/bag that can store toys.

A mugrug, placemat, simple purse, tote bag, wall art, zippered pouch, stenciled t-shirt, decoupaged box, tea caddy, inspired by any of the following: I do love blue, insanely love blue, but don't limit yourself
   - blue and white Christmas (possibly silver accents?)
   - Firefly - Jayne is my favorite, as well as anything with just Serenity
   - University of Maryland (Fear the Turtle!)
   - Stitch, Toothless or Baymax (really love mash-ups)
   - Harry Potterish, favorite things are Dobby, SPEW, Neville, the word "Always"
   - Hobbits, the One Ring or relating to the Tree of Gondor
   - Loki
   - Princess Bride
   - Three Amigos
   - Unseen University
   - Diet Mountain Dew
   - cats
   - tea - I have a whole board of tea inspiration (https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/tea/)
   - Uncle Iroh (love the man! Love his philosophy, love his love of tea, love him)

Favorite words/quotes - Ideal for stamping/stenciling on Jewelry, keychains, t-shirts, wall art or for embroidering/appliqueing/papercrafting onto sketchbooks/journals, bookmarks,
   - Always
   - Lies do not become us
   - Be the change (love so much it is now tattooed on my body)
   - Trust your story
   - Put one word after another until it is done
   - Inhale, Exhale, Repeat
   - Dwell in Possibility
   - Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart
   - Write drunk, edit sober
   - You can turn a phrase in to a weapon or a drug
   - Life is pain
   - As you wish
   - Inconceivable
   - Gorram
   - Firefly
   - Serenity
   - Leaf on the Wind
   - Shiny

Kitchen stuff - My kitchen is grey, white and indigo. I am not opposed to other colors, but I really love blue. cuteness like dinosaurs, cupcakes, lobsters, would be good or good with more traditional.
   - Trivet
   - Hot Pad - any kind would do, but I would really like one made in a coiled bowl style, but flat
   - Oven mitts 
   - Reusable swiffer covers
   - fabric, crochet or knit bowls, baskets, bins
   - Simple indigo placemats or napkins with subtle accents, like maybe a tiny smidge of embroidery, or a shell painted, stamped, appliqued in a corner, or maybe even a little bleach stenciling on it
   - Microwave bowl holders

Miscellaneous:
~something for mismatched socks saying "Save Dobby", can be a basket, fabric bucket, wall hanging with clothespins, whatever

~Mismatched Coasters from literature/gaming/shows: Rick's Cafe, Prancing Pony, Green Dragon Inn, Founding Fathers,The Bronze, Dragonfly Inn, The Brick, McRory's, Leaky Cauldron, Three Broomsticks, The Pig and Whistle, Lion's Pride Inn, Hogs Head Inn,

~Tiny artwork - Embroidery, drawings, paintings - inchie, twinchie, rinchie sort of sizes. I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but would prefer quality over quantity. One is more than enough if made with love and care

~Any sort of anything made from recycled Diet Mountain Dew cans, jewelry, bookmarks, wreath, box, anything

~Turtle cozies! My Tasha needs a cozy.

~A somewhat distinctive journal with the title "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long"

~zippered M&M's pouch

~chair cozies - maybe in something neutral like beige? to go at the bottom of legs of wood chairs that are scratching my floor terribly no matter what we seem to put on the bottoms

~and just in case MissingWillow returns to this swap, or someone else takes up pottery, Pottery buttons with a blue black glaze or a japanese style tea cup or bowl made just for me

Supplies: (supply packages are very welcome and i'm very happy to get leftovers, scraps, bits and used)
   - Indigo dye kit!!! https://www.amazon.com/Jacquard-Indigo-Tie-Dye-Mini/dp/B003IIN7HO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467336235&sr=8-1&keywords=shibori+kit
   - Sashiko stencils - I don't have any, so any would be great
   - Any stencils or precuts for EPP - any shapes and sizes. triangles, hexies, diamonds, dresden plate
   - quilting stencils - I don't have any, so any would be great
   - Any embroidery patterns from http://www.laurajperindesigns.net/american-quilt-collection.html
   - sketch pads, any and all sizes welcome
   - watercolor paper pads
   - tools to make paper punches - I have multiple hexagon sizes, butterflies and cupcakes - would like some others
   - scalpels - supposedly these are better for stencil cutting?

Fabrics   - Would love to get fabric jelly rolls - Any colors, not just blue, but then again, blue is awesome!
   - batik fabric - blues/greens/purples or any blends of those colors together
   - Any fabric in blues or blue and white, especially indigo shades.
   - fabric scraps - Would especially love a variety of 2"x12" or larger cuts in any pattern/color for a scrappy quilt.
   - solid Kona quilting fabrics in any colors, tho of course especially fond of blues
   - Large piece of high quality plain white cotton for shiborri dying

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017 07:29:58 AM »

Claiming Averia for something on her list.
1/0/0

Hello everyone!  I'm Jeanne from midwest USA.  I'm married 32 years to a wonderful man and we have 2 teenaged sons at home (older kids escaped the nest).  Our home is smoke free (I'm allergic to smoke plus son has asthma) but we do have a short haired dog that we rescued from the pound.  I enjoy reading, refinishing or repurposing furniture, and machine sewing at a basic level.  Thanks to arthritis, my hands don't cooperate when it comes to hand sewing or precise skills.  Quilters, knitters/crocheters, embroiderers, and jewelry makers are my heroes- anyone who does intricate detailing.  I like Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, old movies, art history, and retro themes up through 1950s.  Vintage sewing machines and teacups make me smile.
Many thanks to everyone who has previously claimed me!  I adore and appreciate every item, and the thoughtfulness behind each one Smiley

*** Revised list  ***

Likes --
Colors:  Favs are Purples, greens, blues.  I like most of the color wheel except for orange or bright red as a main color.
Flowers:  Peonies, wisteria, hydrangea, plumeria, lilacs, Sweet Woodruff, Ladyslippers, Sweet Peas, Snapdragons
Animals:  Puma/mountain lion (my favorite!), peacock, bluebird, giraffe, deer; the animated Max from the cartoon version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas; Pussyfoot (the kitten that charmed the bulldog).  Dragonflies, cute frogs, Toothless
Fragrance:  Freshly cut clover, bamboo, lettuce, cinnamon, sage, thyme, peony, lilac, plumeria, wisteria, ylang ylang, orange blossom, teaberry, grapefruit, citrus, pear, mango
Vintage sheets and pillow cases with unusual prints, designs or trims
Bedskirts with pretty fabric (great material source)
Fleur de lis
Plaids, paisley, florals, toile
Steampunk and goth (just a touch; love the inspirations but not the gloom part)
Coffee cup people
Minions!!  They are the cutest bad guys on the planet lol
HURRAW lip balms!!

Dislikes --
Chevron, things that are strong contrast (black/white checkerboard makes my eyes go wonky, but b/w toile is no problem for me);  tassels; Sock monkeys, Domo, Super Mario, Mickey Mouse; themes focused on gloom, blatant horror (except AHS), vulgar/adult, or juvenile;  I'm allergic to peppermint and almonds.  Scents labeled "cotton" or "linen."  The psychedelic 1960s, heavy metal, punk or grunge.  

CRAFTY WISH LIST

-- Neckwarmers!  Felted, knitted, crocheted, button, velcro, I love them all.  
-- Ear warmers/headbands.  Sometimes I even sleep with ear and neck warmers on since we do have rough winters.
-- Cute monster stuffie, something like these:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/499125571179874796/
-- Fingerless gloves - great for those chilly days or for keeping that Ben-Gay under wraps.
-- A hoopla with bird or birdhouse theme
-- A brooch with steampunk theme
-- Vintage inspired hair clips/combs or barrettes
-- Dream catcher
-- A remote holder that drapes over the arm of a recliner chair
-- Table runner in blues and greens
-- Mug rugs - I love the one made for me but could use more for company.
-- Artwork with a vintage theme - antiques, fashions, yellowed sheet music, old school house, country church
-- Pottery/clay mug made for me, or hand painted mug
-- Bowl or box to put on my dresser for those little things - spare change, keys, watch, etc.  Any medium; purple tones preferred please.   Currently I'm using a plastic sandwich container which seems good sizewise (6x6ish?)
-- Wood or metal sign with our house numbers for outside
-- This quote on wall art:  "I'm just mad for tartan"
-- Door wreath
-- Birdhouse - we have bluebirds and cardinals in our yard
-- Decorated clothespins with magnets on the back
-- Books with trivia, inspirational quotes, or interesting artwork
-- Wreck this journal made with your personal touches
-- Homemade lip balm- please no peppermint or almond as I am allergic
-- Something recycled/upcycled that you would love to make- mittens from a felted sweater perhaps?  Frosting can into a steampunk tophat?  CD case into a photo frame for my desk?  Broken china into a trivet?  Share your creativity Smiley
-- Something for the Person listed above in this swap
-- Gift card for Jo-Ann Fabric, Hobby Lobby, or Michael's craft store
-- Friend or Fanatic Friend of Craftster membership
Some ideas:  https://www.pinterest.com/jsol161/%2B%2B-craftster-wish-list-%2B%2B/

SUPPLIES

-- D rings -- various sizes -- I've used up the ones RaraAvis sent and can always use more
-- Overalls buckles - the metal clasp set that hooks the overall bib strap to the chest piece  (like these http://www.joann.com/search?q=overall%20buckle)
-- Side release/Parachute buckles 1" wide - these are the buckles on shopping cart seat belts that squeeze from the sides
1" or 3/4" wide webbing - black, navy, dark purple, or cream are used the most but any color is useful --  I've used up the ones RaraAvis graciously sent already but can always use more for handles and straps.
-- Threads - all colors are useful; cotton preferred please (Microwave bowls- the coating on the poly or mixed content thread catches fire in a microwave.  Seriously.  Don't ask how I know this lol.)  **Speaking of threads, I have some spools of embroidery thread that need a good home.  There are variegated, solids, various contents - nylon, rayon, polyester, some unknown content.  Also a few spools that might be for a serger ***
-- Non-roll elastic - any width
-- Insul-Brite for inside of hot pads, trivets, etc.
-- Fabric -- fat quarters or half yards are always useful (or men's dress shirts with buttons all the way down the front- great material source plus the button holes are already there and I don't have to sew on the buttons).  I make tote bags for walkers and wheelchairs, to donate to nursing home residents.  Colorful prints are stimulating.  Michael Miller, Kaufman, RJR, Alexander Henry, and Timeless Treasures are particular favorites but any fabric would be appreciated.
-- Embroidery scissors - to take with me wherever I haul my project tote, so my larger scissors can stay at home.  Kidlets' school thinks that large scissors are weapons.
-- Shoelaces -- any colors; longer is better but all are useful
Cellophane bags for wrapping baskets (30x40 inches or larger please, can't find big ones around here)
-- *Big Wish* Self healing cutting mat, 24 x 36
-- Incire Templates for card making

MEDIA

-- Previously read mystery magazines such as Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, The Strand, Alfred Hitchcock Magazine; anything with a collection of short stories that you might have laying around.  I share with nursing home residents.
-- A PICKLE FOR A NICKEL, by Lilian Moore (one of my all time fav books from childhood; used is fine for this or any book)
-- LIBRARY OF SOULS (The Third Novel of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series; I have parts 1 and 2)
-- SPENCER'S MOUNTAIN DVD or book by Earl Hamner Jr.  (This is the story on which the tv show, "The Waltons," was based.  Used is fine.)
-- Anything by Edward Gorey or Joe Hill 
-- Anything from My Amazon Wish List:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/W1PI4SJEV4EA/ref=cm_wl_list_o_1?

My Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/jsol161/

-- Your experiences and skills might think of something else that isn't listed, but no doubt would be incredibly useful and deeply appreciated

Thank you for considering me!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017 06:08:49 AM by JS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.

My STS Shop
audio

Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017 11:21:23 AM »

I claim JS for Box for her Dresser (1,0,0)
Hi I'm Audrey from Ohio, USA.

I like dark things a lot, hence all the skulls in my list, but that doesn't mean you have to make me something dark. Unless I specifically ask for it dark/goth you can make me colorful, bright, things. Especially if they are decorative items or artwork. Go crazy, have fun. As long as you do you're best I know I will love it!!!

Likes: Skulls, Skeletons, Black, Purple, Spearmint (the second color in this), bright blues and greens together, Iridescent, "Goth", Outerspace, lowercase letter a, Disney, Tsum Tsums, Science Fiction, Harry Potter, Kittys, Halloween, Aliens, Full and Crescent Moon, Horror, Coffins, Bats, Cats, Racoons, Radiohead. I'm really not picky and I'd love to get anything you made just for me.

Dislikes: Not Much, Country Style, Zombies, Americana Style, (sometimes i like kitschy sometimes I don't) White Clothes (I'm messsssyyyyy)

Inspiration: https://www.pinterest.com/audarnell/

Crafted Items

Pinteret Inspired Item: If you don't see anything here feel free to look at my pinterest for inspiration.

Skull Themed Teesha Moore Patches: link I've started myself a set and would like to get a bunch more to make a wall hanging or binder cover.

Knot Pillow: link This would be cool if it was just jersey knit, but stretch velvet or that really pretty iridescent spandex type fabric.

Moon Phases Tee Shirt: link I'd like this to be a light weight vintage style tee. I usually wear a mens/Unisex M.

Knit Socks: I want knit socks soooo bad. Any color/design, Ankle length to mid calf.

Tye Dye Skull Tee: link I really love the black version of this.

Weird Themed Fabric Art Journal Page Pages i Previously REceived My art journal pages are 5"x8". Theme "Weird".

Coffin Block Mug Rug: link This quilt is beautiful and I would love a mug rug that looks very similar. The colors are perfect. I have such Heart Eyes for this!

Coffin Quilt Block Pillow Cover: link This quilt is beautiful and I would love a pillow that looks very similar.

Bat Plush Pillows: link, I like the one with no face better, plush or crushed velvet type of fabric, in spearmint, purple, or black.

Long Beaded Earrings: link I looove the style of these earrings but maybe in the colors Black, Dark Purple, Lime Green.

Felt Moon Phase Garland: link

Skull Ticker Tape Wall Hanging: link I really love this. I love that it has the star wars fabrics too. And I love the skull beaded fringe.

Supplies

- Mini Shape Gelli Plate: Rnd/Sqr/Tri Rct/Ovl/Hex
- Disney Little Golden Books: I like the older ones with non glossy paper. I used these in paper crafts so I'd like the pictures to be in ok shape.
- Golden Nature Guides: I like the older ones with non glossy paper. I used these in paper crafts so I'd like the pictures to be in ok shape.
- Reprinted Buyers Guides from early 1900's: I like the older ones with non glossy paper. I used these in paper crafts so I'd like the pictures to be in ok shape.
- Hand Lettering Book: I really want to learn hand lettering, I want one that is workbook style.
- Gift Card: Joann, Michael, Hobby Lobby, Etsy, or Amazon
- Amazon Wishlist Item: link
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017 11:55:04 AM by audio » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017 02:14:12 AM »

I claim audio for those dangly earrings (due out January 18)

1/0/0
This is my first claim this round.

Hi, my name is Anne. I live in Bremen (in Germany!) with my husband Uwe and two little ones: Lea (5) and Hanna (3). I don't like cigarette/cigar smoke, but have no allergies to speak of (some artificial scents mostly, cats and dogs, but that doesn't matter for anything but wearables, and those are washable!). Our house is smoke- and pet-free (except for a few dust bunnies and maybe the odd spider).

My favourite colours are black (esp. for wearables), then dark teal, deep purple and dark brown (love the cool and soft shades), cream & taupe (sand, milk, stone, wool... think nature), and pink. Always, always, always black will be a perfect choice! So: darker intensive or lighter "bland" colours. I use those colours for the kids as well (but they also get bright ones, like pink, aqua, turquoise, light green). I like plain fabrics, or (stylized) patterns like leaves and blossoms; polka dot... We have decorated our apartment mostly in light colours (white, cream, wood) so colourful stuff is always welcome. Repurposed and/or used is always fine. I usually prefer cotton or other natural fibers over acrylics. Also I'm happy to receive mixed or supply only-claims!

I've set up a board on Pinterest for this swap, links to (almost) all handmade items (or at least pictures) from my list should be here: my Craftster Pinterest wishlist. Big wishes right now are there, but I have lots of things I want on other Pinterest boards, so if you find something there... Especially here Jewelry or here T-shirts I love the four shirts I've received so far and am wearing them constantly. But I still want more!

Please keep in mind that I love miniatures! So if there is something you want to make, but shipping costs are too high, maybe it would also work out on a small to tiny scale? Especially if it's supposed to go on the wall.

Embellished / Decorated Shirts *big wish!*
I love the ones I've received so far and am wearing them constantly!
I prefer a round, wide neckline, so a scoop neck or boatneck would be best (don't like anything too close to the throat). So a deep and wide V-neck would be okay, too. And I love 3/4 sleeves (or long), but tees or tanks are always fine, too. Love both cotton with a bit of stretch as well as cotton only; also thinner fabrics. Women's plus size 26-30 or 3x-5x. As for colour, black, white or grey is perfect, as are any of my favourite colours.
If possible, I prefer stencilled/drawn/painted/appliqued/embroidered etc. over the printable iron-ons, because those tend to get destroyed in our washing machine, even in the wool cycle. I've received some awesome vinyl iron-ons, they work great!
Themes: Anything you think might work for me, or see here for ideas: T-Shirts
Some ideas:
O XKCD t-shirts (baby, natural parenting, grownups, counter-clockwise)
O Rickroll shirt... Or can just be Rick Astley, without the rolling... Wink
O Again anything Labyrinth for me... Jareth, or a quotation, or... preferably in black and white (or a teeny bit glittery?)
O Calvin & Hobbes
O Disc World! Can be just a quotation, or especially Vimes & Sybil, Vetinari, UU, Granny Weatherwax...

Sewn
O Stephanie's pink dress from Lazytown to fit a 5yo (will fit both for a while longer...)
O Ironing board cover for small folding table http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495381080/ (I have one exactly like that) or:
O Iron tote (folds out to ironing mat) https://de.pinterest.com/pin/171981279499626123/O A medium sized tote like this (have 3 from that pattern, all different, and love them all to bits!) with a zipper closure: https://de.pinterest.com/pin/171981279494587827/, teal would be favourite
O Or a tote/purse (with a zipper closure if possible) like one of these: Buttercup Bag; One Hour Bag; Carolina Breeze Bag
O If anyone has a nice dark black/teal/brown/purple jersey (solid or patterned) and maybe a serger, I'd love a very simple, plain tunic. It would have to be pretty large, though, XXL or XXXL.
O Too much lightweight cotton or rayon fabric? Then I'd love something like the Tina Givens Bloom dress! (Maybe without the slit, because I'm not wearing that many layers!) Bloom Dress pattern (free pattern from sewtinagivens.com)
O "Things to take"-thingy Thingy. Three pockets or even just one wider pocket with a hook would be ideal for wallet, phone & keys. Can have just small grommets or loops, as they will go onto a wall instead of a doorknob. (Not in red, please!) Or:
O Hanging fabric organizer like this: Wall Organizer (I have a cream/grey one already which was taken over by my husband.), I'd love my own!
O Quiet Book page/s to go into a A5 two-hole-folder (15x20cm, 6x8"). Anything is welcome, but I have some pages already. (For two kids I'll gladly take duplicates because you know that whatever the one has is the wanted by the other, and anyway no two ones will ever be the same!) I'll gladly do the punching & put grommets in! And of course I realize that even one single page can be much more than a medium.
O Binding or bias tape: patterned or solid, scrappy or single colour, from a fat quarter or a long strip from a sheet...

Knit or crochet
O Yoga socks / boot cuffs / leg warmers to warm my ankles (I want to keep on wearing dresses and skirts this fall and winter) (I received a very pretty pair in purple; maybe some cream coloured ones?)
O An otherwise fast and easy hat with a leaves overlay like this? knit leaves
O Knit Berry Baby hat for heads 50cm/20" in a similar soft purple or strawberry red (if you add pips in the strawberry so it won't look like a tomato: yellow please!) or raspberry pink or blueberry indigo... I'd love two because the girls keep fighting for the (by now too small) one we received two years ago...
O Spiral heel socks
O Any socks really, cable, plain, or self-striping, knit or or crochet...
O Big wish: A big, beautiful purple beanie (dark cool soft shade; I have a warmer/burgundy one already) maybe like this one made by lydiaharper for mermaidcafe but I need it for myself, so for a 60cm head! mermaidcafe's hat It doesn't have to be that pattern, or really any pattern at all, it just has to be long and wide enough so it doesn't keep slipping upwards on my hair. A deep teal or black would be lovely, too. My ravelry favourites are here: my Ravelry

Jewelry
O Anything Labyrinth (esp. Jareth!) or Calvin & Hobbes for me... painted, sketched, etched, crochet, knit, Fimo, sewn, beaded, woven, whittled, embroidered, whatever!
O Flat dark stone pendant with 4 crystals (or glittery glass) like this (two smaller, two larger) https://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279494784538/
O Glow-in-the-dark tree of life pendant pretty much like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279496850831/
O Han and Leia rings - one saying "i love you" and the other "i know"
O Mini hooplas or tiny art, as in inchies or rinchies (maybe even as large as twinchies?) in your favourite medium. Maybe somthing from here as an inspiration? http://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/artwork-hoopla-inchie-inspiration/, I bet those would make great pendants! I don't wear brooches, but I have lots of supplies to make me a necklace for your piece of art! All t-shirt ideas would work very well for this, too!
O Again, something Discworld related would be very much appreciated!

Other
O Stephanie's pink wig from Lazytown to fit a 5yo (will fit both for a while longer...) Can be made from yarn, maybe?
O Smallish Fauxdori or similar notebook (cover), or a spiralbound one would be great! Either for me, or something my little ones can use as organizers, because they each really, really want one. Especially the 5yo because she's a big girl now and needs one, like mommy. 3x4" or 4x6" maybe?
O Something small printed/stamped/embroidered with dandelions on it: A tea wallet, a notebook, a little zippered coin purse or tampon wallet, a headphone keeper, pendant, anything! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279497094302/
O Covered tape measure: sheep, zebra, penguin, kitten, or something completely different! Even a plain one in a cute/ptretty/cool fabric without any critters. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495378003/
O Lanterns for tea lights or candles made from cans with holes hammered into them, example: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279496269433/ - pretty or funny.
O Han and Leia Mugs - please include "i love you" and "i know" (bottom inside would be my favourite!) https://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279494131098/
O mini stamps for "filofaxing" - appointments, birthdays, dates, movies, etc. - also work well for greeting cards (a candle, a cake or cupcake...)!  (various on my OWS board)
O larger stamps - a simple leaf design, or swirls, also maybe flowers in parts, or something like one of those castle stamp sets. meant to go on t-shirts
O Leather planner/organizer cover like this http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495377730/ in A6 so I can put a regular notebook and a calendar in it (or like the smaller Moleskine flex). I love plain oiled leather in (dark) brown.
O Screen printing kit (I would so love to try this!)
O Pillowcases: 40cm/16 inch square, some examples here: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495381076/  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495381077/  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279495381087/ or here http://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/artwork-hoopla-inchie-inspiration/
O Mini hooplas/wall art for my room in the doll house (because there is no space for a real hoopla wall and I love tiny things!). So inchies or rinchies in your favourite medium. Maybe somthing from here as an inspiration? http://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/artwork-hoopla-inchie-inspiration/
O Stand-up thingy for tablet (to look at sewing instructions while sewing...) (the bookish kind?) http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279494649573/
O Yarn bowl - this pottery one http://www.pinterest.com/pin/171981279494249555/ is my absolute favourite (the colour, the little stars!), but I'd love one made from a wooden bowl too. Or even from a large plastic cup, as long as it's fun to look at and doesn't topple over or hop around the room while I'm working. (If it's large enough, I can always put a stone in as a weight! Right now I'm using a smallish sugar pot.)
O Anything Labyrinth for me... crochet, knit, Fimo, sewn, embroidered, whatever, useful or just pretty...
O Calvin & Hobbes - again anything "pretty" and/or useful
O Something "Where the Wild Things Are" or "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"... loved by me and my daughters!

Supplies (scraps or used is fine, as are supply only claims!)
Amazon Wishlist
O Metal stamping blanks & stamps (stamps: especially tiny plain hearts (filled or outline), small/tiny stars, a dandelion set (flower & fluff))
O Frixion pens: highlighters and especially those tiny stamps!
O Chunky Yarn in my colours, or kiddie colours, natural fibers preferred ("we" are starting loom knitting)
O Always: fabric! (esp. solid black!, teals; purples, or smaller patterns, esp. polka dots)
O Always: Sewing thread! All the colours.
O Embroidery hoops! All sizes, especially 4-8" - but if you have a smaller or larger one, those are very welcome, too!
O Fabric paint (plain, or can also be glittery, metallic or pearlescent) - I love the kind that doesn't have to be ironed to fix the paint. Some just have to dry for a few days, other go into the oven.
O Fimo soft (all the colours!) and Fimo Effect and Fimo Kids
O Plain white silk scarves, shawls, foulards, handkerchieves etc. for me to paint
O Binding or bias tape (bought or handmade, plain or patterned)
O Fabric or anything really from these:  (used is great: bedsheet, pillowcase, totebag, scraps, yardage...)
O gift card/voucher/coupon for Sayila, Beadworks (UK), Beadaholique (UK), or Etsy (for patterns, usually)
O To make stuff with for myself mostly: original care bears, forever friends (the teddy bears!), classic pooh (the e.h. shepard drawings), very hungry caterpillar, barbapapa, moomins
O To make stuff with for the 3yo: Very Hungry Caterpillar, Peppa Pig, Anna & Olaf from Frozen, Minions w/ that fluffy unicorn
O To make stuff with for the 5yo: Mia&Me (Mia and Onchao, Lyria) and Elsa from Frozen
O Lazytown! Both are huge fans of Stephanie and Sportacus! They'd love to have the striped dress and the pink wig! (Probably easier than Sportacus' outfit, too!)

If you want to claim me for something that is not on my lists, don't worry and just go ahead (or pop me a message if you are really unsure)! I just know I'll realize how desperately I want & need it anyway as soon as you claim me for it. So: Thank you for claiming me!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017 02:58:05 AM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017 05:03:58 AM »

Claiming Anne for a t-shirt

1 claim, 0 sent, 0 received

About Me: My name is Laura and I live in Maryland with my husband, 3 kids, a dog, a cat, a rabbit, and a box turtle.

For most things, I would prefer items inspired by my pinterest instead of exact duplicates.

I am a huge fan of Loki, Firefly/Serenity, steampunk, and the color blue in all shades, especially when paired with white

We have no allergies here (other than awful ragweed allergies... but can't see that as much of an issue in swap packages)

NEW BIG WISH!!! My Franki is going to make me a Grandmama in April - if there is anything you particularly like making for a baby, she needs everything! It is a girl and Franki would prefer either red and black (?!?!?!) or pink and grey, possibly with elephants? Ariel is a huge hit too.

Please feel to claim me for anything on my Please make this for me boards on pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-sewn-bags-containters-pouc/

I started a baby board https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/baby-crafting/ but don't limit yourself to things I have pinned. If there is something useful that you like to make, we would be happy to receive. Ideas are bibs, burp clothes, receiving blankets, stuffies, Those little blankets that hook onto a car seat carrier, portable changing pad with a pocket for wipes, doohickey for hanging a bottle on a stroller, play & go mat/bag that can store toys.

A mugrug, placemat, simple purse, tote bag, wall art, zippered pouch, stenciled t-shirt, decoupaged box, tea caddy, inspired by any of the following: I do love blue, insanely love blue, but don't limit yourself
   - Princess Bride
   - Unseen University
   - Diet Mountain Dew
   - tea - I have a whole board of tea inspiration (https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/tea/)
   - Uncle Iroh (love the man! Love his philosophy, love his love of tea, love him)

Favorite words/quotes - Ideal for stamping/stenciling on Jewelry, keychains, t-shirts, wall art or for embroidering/appliqueing/papercrafting onto sketchbooks/journals, bookmarks,
   - Always
   - Lies do not become us
   - Trust your story
   - Inhale, Exhale, Repeat
   - As you wish
   - Inconceivable
   - Gorram
   - Serenity
   - Shiny

Kitchen stuff - My kitchen is grey, white and indigo. I am not opposed to other colors, but I really love blue. cuteness like dinosaurs, cupcakes, lobsters, would be good or good with more traditional.
   - Trivet
   - Hot Pad - any kind would do, but I would really like one made in a coiled bowl style, but flat
   - Oven mitts  
   - Simple indigo placemats or napkins with subtle accents, like maybe a tiny smidge of embroidery, or a shell painted, stamped, appliqued in a corner, or maybe even a little bleach stenciling on it
   - Microwave bowl holders

Miscellaneous:
~Mismatched Coasters from literature/gaming/shows: Rick's Cafe, Prancing Pony, Green Dragon Inn, Founding Fathers,The Bronze, Dragonfly Inn, The Brick, McRory's, Leaky Cauldron, Three Broomsticks, The Pig and Whistle, Lion's Pride Inn, Hogs Head Inn,

~Tiny artwork - Embroidery, drawings, paintings - inchie, twinchie, rinchie sort of sizes. I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but would prefer quality over quantity. One is more than enough if made with love and care

~Any sort of anything made from recycled Diet Mountain Dew cans, jewelry, bookmarks, wreath, box, anything

~zippered M&M's pouch

~chair cozies - maybe in something neutral like beige? to go at the bottom of legs of wood chairs that are scratching my floor terribly no matter what we seem to put on the bottoms

~and just in case MissingWillow returns to this swap, or someone else takes up pottery, Pottery buttons with a blue black glaze or a japanese style tea cup or bowl made just for me

Supplies: (supply packages are very welcome and i'm very happy to get leftovers, scraps, bits and used)
   - Any stencils or precuts for EPP - any shapes and sizes. triangles, hexies, diamonds, dresden plate
   - Any embroidery patterns from http://www.laurajperindesigns.net/american-quilt-collection.html
   - watercolor paper pads
   - tools to make paper punches - I have multiple hexagon sizes, butterflies and cupcakes - would like some others

Fabrics   - Would love to get fabric jelly rolls - Any colors, not just blue, but then again, blue is awesome!
   - fabric scraps - Would especially love a variety of 2"x12" or larger cuts in any pattern/color for a scrappy quilt.
   - solid Kona quilting fabrics in any colors, tho of course especially fond of blues

Thanks for looking!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grab a coffee
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017 12:53:14 PM »

I am claiming Averia for something pink baby thing Wink Dunno if USPS will be able to deal with an elephant, but let's see.. Smiley

This is my 1st claim this round, 0 in tranzit.

Hello Guys,

My name is Eszter from Hungary - Europe. I'm 37 years old, living with my husband and my 5.5 years old son. I am a marketing/data analyst working from home, and I am running a felt decor shop on Etsy. Smiley) I am not good in machine sewing, knitting/crocheting and drawing/painting (oh damn, I don't know nothing Smiley), so my biggest wishes are around those.
We have just moved to a new house, so there are some things around home decoration, but also I am trying to collect Christmas Gifts for my family already. Also, we do have some kids around (mostly boys), so I am collecting small stuffs for them as well.

Knitting / Crocheting:

Sewing
- Fleece headband like these: https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/32158584819829202/
- fabric headband: https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/32158584819829147/
- scrap banners in yellow color tones (for boy): https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/32158584818680408/
- Sleeping bag: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584811811081/
- Pillow covers like these: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/129830401729110944/ or http://www.pinterest.com/pin/222083825345567813/ (with 'Papi & 'Marcsi' text)
- Quilt from men shirts: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584814561096/ (love the color and the siplicity of this) --> If you have a bunch of fabric for this, I am happy with that too
Simple quilt (can be a one-color thing) with my sons name appliqued. Something like this: https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/207024914093530285/  His name is BENCE anyway 
Patchwork slippers: https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/32158584816728052/
Christmas gift bags: https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/32158584815377841/ (still love these... got like 4 packages of these, but people always stealing them. Any sizes! really!)
These dinos: https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/535506211923215093/

Pottery
- I am totally in love with this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/12662682/discounted-black-and-white-piggy-bank?ref=favs_view_11 (could use like 3 -separate claims of course)

Wood working
- Guitar hanger: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/321374123380323081/

Jewelries
- in black, or white please: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584814550683/ , http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584814550681/, http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584814550682/
- Leather cuff with another text: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584814211091/or http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584814607815/ (convo me)
-Stamped jewelries, like these: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584814600764/
- wirework jewelry: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584814820101/ or http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584814809576/ [/b]

Other crafts
- Fort kit for a 5 year old boy
- handmade body moisturizers
-  handmade soaps  (vanilla or coffee scents are the bests)
- handmade soaps for kids: https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/535154368206273074/
- Stenciled (or whatever) shirt for man (XL): http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584814867654/
- small bags from sweets, chocolates, etc: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584811009587/
- pillows: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584813820648/ (I wanted to make these for the places I were already, but never started... NY, Chicago, SF, Seattle, Wien, Mnchen, Athens, Paris, etc...) I can do the stuffing ofc.
- handmade post cards (with no text, or only with a few), like these: https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/491807221780486769/, https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/571675746433805953/, https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/568086940472931343/, https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/562316703458560921/

... if you can draw / paint ...
- well... Empty walls are here, but this is so me... If you could repro it for me... http://www.pinterest.com/pin/32158584813972035/ - sawing it for Anne, got one already from Spikefan 

Supplies
- Quilting mat 
- Brush pens
- Sharpies, big wish is white colored ones
- Calligraphy Kit (used is fine as well) https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/431712314261723480/ , https://www.etsy.com/listing/212844792/calligraphy-starter-kit  (& also books)
- Anything from Starbucks - I am a big fan. Even if we have 3 Starbucks already in Budapest, I am collecting mugs, bags, coffee, tea, cookies from anywhere in the world.
- A mailbox - that simple american mailbox like this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/136515432428649752/ - you can paint it for me, or I am totally okay with any garbage one. We don't have it in Hungary, and I love it!
- Moleskines, sketchbooks for doodles (mainly A/5 size) - I am okay with your old ones, where you've used some pages, etc Favourite one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/161804640/idea-sketchbook-unlined-pocket-moleskine
- Fabric jelly rolls (no retro style, anything else is welcomed )!): http://www.quiltersangel.com.au/uploads/im/Fabric/jelly-rolls.jpg
- stamps (no religious ones pls, and with less text)
- Hand Dyed Yarn (https://www.etsy.com/listing/199484414/sock-yarn-aqua-and-more-hand-dyed-sock?ref=shop_home_active_24) - but in any color... maybe no pink Smiley [/b][/color]
Mini dinos I would like to make something like this for my son: https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/190980840419609547/ , and also this: https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/87116574019710606/

Extras
I decided to start a wall hanging with black & white postcards from places I've got something. So, if it's not a big deal, please send me a b&w postcard of your city/state/country - whatever you like Smiley
+1 tip: my son will have a dino themed party in may, so if you want to include something about this (like a sticker, or something), he would be more than happy Smiley

Thanks for claiming me!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017 01:18:25 PM by Grab a coffee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017 02:00:15 PM »

Runs in and captures the claim flag for Grab a coffee for Christmas gift bags.
(Hi Eszter!)

2/0/0

Hello everyone!  I'm Jeanne from midwest USA.  I'm married 32 years to a wonderful man and we have 2 teenaged sons at home (older kids escaped the nest).  Our home is smoke free (I'm allergic to smoke plus son has asthma) but we do have a short haired dog that we rescued from the pound.  I enjoy reading, refinishing or repurposing furniture, and machine sewing at a basic level.  Thanks to arthritis, my hands don't cooperate when it comes to hand sewing or precise skills.  Quilters, knitters/crocheters, embroiderers, and jewelry makers are my heroes- anyone who does intricate detailing.  I like Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, old movies, art history, and retro themes up through 1950s.  Vintage sewing machines and teacups make me smile.
Many thanks to everyone who has previously claimed me!  I adore and appreciate every item, and the thoughtfulness behind each one Smiley

*** Revised list  ***

Likes --
Colors:  Favs are Purples, greens, blues.  I like most of the color wheel except for orange or bright red as a main color.
Flowers:  Peonies, wisteria, hydrangea, plumeria, lilacs, Sweet Woodruff, Ladyslippers, Sweet Peas, Snapdragons
Animals:  Puma/mountain lion (my favorite!), peacock, bluebird, giraffe, deer; the animated Max from the cartoon version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas; Pussyfoot (the kitten that charmed the bulldog).  Dragonflies, cute frogs, Toothless
Fragrance:  Freshly cut clover, bamboo, lettuce, cinnamon, sage, thyme, peony, lilac, plumeria, wisteria, ylang ylang, orange blossom, teaberry, grapefruit, citrus, pear, mango
Vintage sheets and pillow cases with unusual prints, designs or trims
Bedskirts with pretty fabric (great material source)
Fleur de lis
Plaids, paisley, florals, toile
Steampunk and goth (just a touch; love the inspirations but not the gloom part)
Coffee cup people
Minions!!  They are the cutest bad guys on the planet lol
HURRAW lip balms!!

Dislikes --
Chevron, things that are strong contrast (black/white checkerboard makes my eyes go wonky, but b/w toile is no problem for me);  tassels; Sock monkeys, Domo, Super Mario, Mickey Mouse; themes focused on gloom, blatant horror (except AHS), vulgar/adult, or juvenile;  Scents labeled "cotton" or "linen."  The psychedelic 1960s, heavy metal, punk or grunge.  I'm allergic to peppermint, almonds, and aspartame.

CRAFTY WISH LIST

-- Neckwarmers!  Felted, knitted, crocheted, button, velcro, I love them all. 
-- Ear warmers/headbands.  Sometimes I even sleep with ear and neck warmers on since we do have rough winters.
-- Cute monster stuffie, something like these:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/499125571179874796/
-- Fingerless gloves - great for those chilly days or for keeping that Ben-Gay under wraps.
-- A hoopla with bird or birdhouse theme
-- A brooch with steampunk theme
-- Vintage inspired hair clips/combs or barrettes
-- Dream catcher
-- A remote holder that drapes over the arm of a recliner chair
-- Table runner in blues and greens
-- Mug rugs - I love the one made for me but could use more for company.
-- Artwork with a vintage theme - antiques, fashions, yellowed sheet music, old school house, country church
-- Pottery/clay mug made for me, or hand painted mug
-- Bowl or box to put on my dresser for those little things - spare change, keys, watch, etc.  Any medium; purple tones preferred please.   Currently I'm using a plastic sandwich container which seems good sizewise (6x6ish?)
-- Wood or metal sign with our house numbers for outside
-- This quote on wall art:  "I'm just mad for tartan"
-- Door wreath
-- Birdhouse - we have bluebirds and cardinals in our yard
-- Decorated clothespins with magnets on the back
-- Books with trivia, inspirational quotes, or interesting artwork
-- Wreck this journal made with your personal touches
-- Homemade lip balm- please no peppermint or almond as I am allergic
-- Something recycled/upcycled that you would love to make- mittens from a felted sweater perhaps?  Frosting can into a steampunk tophat?  CD case into a photo frame for my desk?  Broken china into a trivet?  Share your creativity Smiley
-- Something for the Person listed above in this swap
-- Gift card for Jo-Ann Fabric, Hobby Lobby, or Michael's craft store
-- Friend or Fanatic Friend of Craftster membership
Some ideas:  https://www.pinterest.com/jsol161/%2B%2B-craftster-wish-list-%2B%2B/

SUPPLIES

-- D rings -- various sizes -- I've used up the ones RaraAvis sent and can always use more
-- Overalls buckles - the metal clasp set that hooks the overall bib strap to the chest piece  (like these http://www.joann.com/search?q=overall%20buckle)
-- Side release/Parachute buckles 1" wide - these are the buckles on shopping cart seat belts that squeeze from the sides
1" or 3/4" wide webbing - black, navy, dark purple, or cream are used the most but any color is useful --  I've used up the ones RaraAvis graciously sent already but can always use more for handles and straps.
-- Threads - all colors are useful; cotton preferred please (Microwave bowls- the coating on the poly or mixed content thread catches fire in a microwave.  Seriously.  Don't ask how I know this lol.)  **Speaking of threads, I have some spools of embroidery thread that need a good home.  There are variegated, solids, various contents - nylon, rayon, polyester, some unknown content.  Also a few spools that might be for a serger ***
-- Non-roll elastic - any width
-- Insul-Brite for inside of hot pads, trivets, etc.
-- Fabric -- fat quarters or half yards are always useful (or men's dress shirts with buttons all the way down the front- great material source plus the button holes are already there and I don't have to sew on the buttons).  I make tote bags for walkers and wheelchairs, to donate to nursing home residents.  Colorful prints are stimulating.  Michael Miller, Kaufman, RJR, Alexander Henry, and Timeless Treasures are particular favorites but any fabric would be appreciated.
-- Embroidery scissors - to take with me wherever I haul my project tote, so my larger scissors can stay at home.  Kidlets' school thinks that large scissors are weapons.
-- Shoelaces -- any colors; longer is better but all are useful
Cellophane bags for wrapping baskets (30x40 inches or larger please, can't find big ones around here)
-- *Big Wish* Self healing cutting mat, 24 x 36
-- Incire Templates for card making

MEDIA

-- Previously read mystery magazines such as Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, The Strand, Alfred Hitchcock Magazine; anything with a collection of short stories that you might have laying around.  I share with nursing home residents.
-- A PICKLE FOR A NICKEL, by Lilian Moore (one of my all time fav books from childhood; used is fine for this or any book)
-- LIBRARY OF SOULS (The Third Novel of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series; I have parts 1 and 2)
-- SPENCER'S MOUNTAIN DVD or book by Earl Hamner Jr.  (This is the story on which the tv show, "The Waltons," was based.  Used is fine.)
-- Anything by Edward Gorey or Joe Hill
-- Anything from My Amazon Wish List:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/W1PI4SJEV4EA/ref=cm_wl_list_o_1?

My Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/jsol161/

-- Your experiences and skills might think of something else that isn't listed, but no doubt would be incredibly useful and deeply appreciated

Thank you for considering me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.

My STS Shop
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017 02:14:12 PM »

Claiming JS for a table runner

2 claims, 0 sent, 0 received

NEW BIG WISH!!! My Franki is going to make me a Grandmama in April - if there is anything you particularly like making for a baby, she needs everything! It is a girl and Franki would prefer either red and black (?!?!?!) or pink and grey, possibly with elephants? Ariel is a huge hit too.

- Princess Bride
   - Unseen University
   - Diet Mountain Dew

- Always
   - Lies do not become us
   - Trust your story
   - Inhale, Exhale, Repeat
   - As you wish
   - Inconceivable
   - Gorram
   - Serenity
   - Shiny

- Trivet
   - Oven mitts  
   - Microwave bowl holders

Miscellaneous:

~zippered M&M's pouch

- watercolor paper pads

Fabrics   - Would love to get fabric jelly rolls - Any colors, not just blue, but then again, blue is awesome!

Thanks for looking!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...