A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,581
Currently Running With Scissors:
284 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More hats!  (Read 898 times)
Tags for this thread: stocking_hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Padester
« on: December 03, 2016 05:38:00 PM »

So - here are more hats I've been making - I LOVE this yarn - it's called Caron cakes, and it is a variegated yarn that is self-striping. It is great to work with - not amazingly soft, but soft enough and it has a good amount of give to it so it's easy to get the tension correct.

Just going to post a bunch of pictures - hope you like them!

I have another Caron cake in shades of purple and violet - I am looking forward to using that one, too, but am undecided if I want to make these long hats or something else . . . If anyone has a suggestion for something fantastic (and relatively easy) to make from this yarn, please let me know! I'm up for trying something new!  Cheesy

And then here are some hats made with other yarns - this one is just made from cotton yarn

And this is a mix of the Bernat Baby Blanket yarn (the white) and another bulky yarn I got from Amazon - not great to the touch, but I like how it looks:

And finally - because 'tis the season - a double-tailed santa hat!  I found the inspiration for it on this board a while ago, and bought the pattern on Etsy. I just love this hat for the holidays! It's in my Etsy shop at the moment, but I may just claim it for myself in the near future, so I have a fun hat to wear!:

Thanks for looking! I have gotten into crocheting in a big way lately and have been neglecting my sewing . . . will need to get back to that in the near future!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016 06:49:56 PM »

You have been busy! I really love your long-tailed versions, especially the third one, but they all look fantastic. Will they be gifts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Padester
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016 04:16:53 AM »

Thanks! Some of them have already been gifts, some of them are in my Etsy shop, and some of them are just sitting around, waiting for me to figure out what to do with them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amazon_warrior
You say "scientist or artist?" like they're mutually exclusive.

I like big quilts and I cannot lie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016 02:03:46 PM »

Cute hats, and some lovely colours!  Makes me wish I were more of a hat person.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...