A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
306 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ..but my friends used to call me Jesus  (Read 2401 times)
Tags for this thread: walking_dead , doll , featured_project , the_walking_dead  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Noxika
« on: December 03, 2016 03:12:46 AM »

I actually thought that was a really sad line. Implies all his friends are dead. :/  Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Anyway! If you understood the thread title, you can probably guess which character, from which show, has been doll-ified!

I don't know why they changed his name from Paul Monroe in the comics to Paul Rovia on the show, but ..eh. Whatever. I'll stick with Jesus.

I finally finished my Jesus mini ---which I'm only now realizing I haven't uploaded here yet, my bad -- and took a break from the tricksy little things to make, oh hey, another Jesus. ^_^ Let it be known; when I obsess about things/characters, I do it properly. Wink

This dude is fast becoming one of my favourites on The Walking Dead (so don't kill him off, Kirkman!) because he's like a super ninja badass with some lovely locks.  Might help that Tom Payne is awfully pretty -and British! (super combo, level up!)- but I'm sure it's mostly because of the ninjaness.

... Probably.

After working on a mini scale with suede, I forgot about the whole stretch aspect of fleece so this dude turned out a wee bit bigger than planned - about 14inches. Made of snuggly fleece fabrics --all the better to squish your feels into. He does have a real zipper and I crafted a zipper pull out of craft foam, along with his belt buckles.

He is made of all stash materials which I was super duper proud of myself for, and while I was tempted to buy a beanie and alter it, I am glad I decided to go with the all-fleece option in the end (although those little faux ribbing lines were a pain in the butt to trim the threads from).

I gave him an internal armature in his upper body (arms, neck) to allow for some interaction so can give walkers a roundhouse kick to the head. Or, y'know, sit on a shelf in interesting way and stuff..

I was going to make a Daryl and Rick to go with him (Jesus' first episode with the three of them together is my all time favourite episode) but I have run out of mid-brown fleece so I'm not sure whether to go dark brown for their hair or wait until I can hunt some down (who would have thought finding fleece in Summer in Australia would be a challenge? Tongue). I may actually get started on my newest obsession -- Harley Quinn -- next, just for something a little different...

Annnyway....
 / rambles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All we have to decide is what to craft with the time given to us.
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016 08:05:24 AM »

Love it! I am several episodes behind on the Walking Dead this season, but seeing this makes me want to get myself caught up soon!

I love the details you've added (and the brim of the hat was worth the effort!), too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Onyxnox
Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016 09:58:21 AM »

I thought that was Jesus from the mini-pic - He looks great and I love how bright his eyes are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my pinterest

Sad Bye Bye Craftster - where else can craft addicts unite??
Noxika
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016 12:59:53 PM »

Your kind words are much appreciated!   Ah, his eyes...they gave me so much trouble. Tom Payne has the most amazing, pretty eyes that no paint colour known to man can match, though I tried my best. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greybird
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016 02:20:22 PM »

Love this!!!   He looks spot-on!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer
If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016 06:33:43 AM »

Jesus is one of my favorite characters too. This is my favorite doll of yours so far. All the little details you add are amazing. Keep 'em coming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Noxika
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016 03:22:54 PM »

Thanks, greybird!

Jesus is one of my favorite characters too. This is my favorite doll of yours so far. All the little details you add are amazing. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks, Gozer! -- though you might be sorry you said that. Tongue I have decided to try "Project Plush TWD" and make a bunch of my favourite characters (so far I'm thinking Negan, Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Carol, Beth, Maggie, Glenn, Abraham and Eugene. Possibly zombie!Shane. And I feel like I'm forgetting someone but I don't know who?).  Though given how slow I work, that might be overly ambitious and I may abandon the idea before it's completed but that's the plan. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

C'mon, pegasister, quit foaling around!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016 03:24:32 PM »

I've only read the graphic novels in collected form, and never watched the AMC show, but I'm familiar with the character and agree that Jesus has a very ninja-like quality/vibe to him.  Excellent doll rendition, especially the clothing and beard/hair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu
call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016 05:41:14 PM »

I absolutely LOVE Jesus.  you nailed him!  (umm...is there a pun there?)  I knew it was him the second I saw the thumbnail.  you did an excellent job on him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
fatewineroses
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016 03:08:45 PM »

I always love your dolls. Tell me please, how did you do the faux ribbing in the fleece?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...