A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
307 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 12 Gallery  (Read 18034 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kayrun
« on: November 29, 2016 07:57:23 PM »

the place for posting all of the lovelies you receive!!

orig. thread = https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=450427.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra
Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016 06:34:44 PM »

I don't know if I've ever been the first to post in a gallery... this is so exciting! I swear I was told to open early (it was heavily implied that there were delicious goodies that were best enjoyed "fresh"!)

Here's everything I pulled out of the box! The stocking is still full in this picture... I feel terribly spoiled. On the left, you can see the reversible message board (with the poinsettia print), under that is a chalkboard flag banner, and above that is something I never knew I needed but totally do: it goes under your foot pedal for your sewing machine to keep it from dancing all over the place! To the right of the stocking, we have socks (I'm actually wear the fuzzy red/black ones right now) and some candy (which I've never seen before but very excited to try) and a fabric insert thing for tote bags so there are little pockets for little things!!!

The little gifts wrapped like big candies were a spice jar with a baggie of gummi bears crammed inside (yum!) and a tube of Godiva chocolates (another yum!).

Then I emptied the stocking!!! The orange-y thing on the left is for putting on the dashboard to set your phone on (which means I need to dust my dashboard!). There are baggies of mini candy canes drizzled with chocolate, all of my favorite candies, coasters/mug rugs in two fun prints, a headband and lip balm clip in match black and white prints (with watermelon lip balm in the latter!), some cocoa mixes (it was 72 degrees today so I think I'll wait a few more days before indulging in those) and in the light blue "&" package there's a gooey marshmallow chocolate thing that looks amazing!!!

I just really love this packaging job!!! (I stop at Taco Bell when I have the work shift that ends at 9pm so the bags will keep reminding me of this for weeks to come!) And inside, I found...

They were hard to get a photo of, sorry. The red thing is a bowl cover but it can also be flipped over to make a bowl itself! (The attached note suggests munchies on the couch, and I'm inclined to agree!) AND AND AND... A sewing mat / sewing machine cover!!! I wanted to take an action shot of it but my sewing machine is buried behind many storage boxes right now and won't be pulled out until the weekend.

I love everything so much JS, thank you!!!!! And getting to open so early has put my butt in gear to work on JS's package!!! (That, and NaNoWriMo is finally over.  Grin )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016 05:16:43 AM »

Alexampersandra, you are very welcome and I'm tickled that you like your pressies!  It was fun putting it all together for you.  There are two "&" stamps that I thought would make cute earrings, but I couldn't get the & off of the plastic holder piece, in one piece lol.  Karma dictated that you would put them to the best use for your needs.  There was a mention of a banner for your office door - hence the chalkboard bunting, which can be personalized with the theme of the week.  (We jotted trivia questions on ours, with sources/hints on the reverse side.)  I love the magnet on the spice jar's bottom.   DH teases about "shopping at Taco Bell for gift wrap."  Stalking you was a blast and it's great to know you Smiley

Looking forward to receiving your stocking - I know it will be awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
Alexampersandra
Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016 06:33:00 AM »

There are two "&" stamps

I knew I must have left something out of my list!!! I love them too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Summer6061
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016 08:59:43 AM »

I love that sewing machine cover! I have a basic plastic one that came with my machine, but now I want a beautiful fabric one instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastination is killing me slowly...I'm going to put an end to that first thing tomorrow!
IsikkahJai
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016 06:38:18 AM »

Agreed summer! I don't even have one. My machine is always dusty and I keep a can of air nearby...lol.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016 06:39:14 AM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayrun
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016 06:07:44 PM »

what a great start to the gallery!!

JS, you really know how to stuff a stocking  Smiley
well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley
Adventure is out there!

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016 04:26:42 PM »

Wow! What a great start to the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016 11:01:43 AM »

Can't wait to see more... What a great start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016 06:13:46 PM »

I received a package from edelC in Ireland in like 4 days, which is amazing to me. Choc full of goodies!! Prepare for many pictures - we were both doing a 'small' size swap, but did some spoiling on top of that.  Cheesy

As exhibited here by the fact that she made TWO stockings, one for me and one for my partner! We'll be using them to fill for each other this year. I adore both of them!

Everything inside wrapped up all prettily, and then unwrapped:

A tiny string of lights and some cute mushrooms:

Tasty treats, with kinder eggs, woo!

A big totoro throw pillowcase and a cute zippered pouch (you nailed it with my themes Edel):

Great texture on the pouch!

A love prayer flag! So sweet.

This entrancing crackled CD clock (it's hard to photograph something so shiny) - my partner loves it, so it may end up in the bedroom. But I'm thinking of stealing it for by my craft desk.

Gorgeous tree of life pendant! Did I mention I was spoiled??

Thank you so much edelC for a wonderful package!  Kiss Even the shipping box was appreciated.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not goodbye friends - find me on the reddit group, on instagram @oceanna.kolb and oceanna.kolb at gmail. <3<3<3
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...