A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 321,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
154 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ** Christmas Bingo Tutorial ** (can be modified for any occasion or topic)  (Read 1931 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2016 03:02:07 PM »

Finding an activity for all ages to enjoy can be tricky.   At our holiday gatherings, we play a homemade BINGO game.

** Christmas Bingo Tutorial **

I had a bunch of nametags and stickers left over from previous years - the generic ones that come in a pack of a hundredish but only half get used - and over time they accumulated.  
(Similar in size to the ones on this sheet)

I upcycled them into a set of BINGO game cards.  We play this game during Christmas gatherings.   The game can be personalized for any occasion or activity.  (We have a family reunion bingo, and a marching band bingo.)  Your imagination and creativity can create the perfect game for your preferences.  All ages enjoy playing, and the pictures on the stickers help little ones to find an item.

The tutorial is pretty much common info for those familiar with BINGO.
I drew 25 squares on colored 8x10 paper.  (We made 20 sheets to start with.)  Each sheet's center square was marked "FREE."  Then the stickers were put on the non-free squares, being careful to not duplicate locations on multiple sheets as best we could.  It took time to draw and to coordinate.  Everyone helped.  There were some items that we had no sticker for, so we wrote or drew the item on the square.

The bingo call cards were made in the same way.  Each item was put on a separate small square, then the squares were cut to separate the items.  Each call square was marked with the column where that item could be found (Example:  Holly has 2-I for second column or "I" in BINGO.)  This helped make the items easier to find.  The call cards are kept in a plastic ziplock baggie.  During the bingo game, the caller removes a call card from the baggie and sets it in a small dish to help keep track of what has/hasn't been called.  This takes up less room on the table.  More room for cookies!

We found a jigsaw puzzle at a yard sale for a dime that was missing a few pieces.   Those remaining puzzle pieces have been repurposed into bingo markers.  Pennies and buttons work well also.   There are many ways to play/win at bingo but we prefer the standard 5-in-a-row, up, down, or diagonally.  Prizes were little things such as candy canes or trinkets we had around the house.  The laughs were endless and the "competitive spirit" made for great fun.

There are online sites where folks can generate bingo games, but that takes up printer ink and eliminates the craft time that our family spent making our Christmas Bingo.  Regardless of how made, Bingo has helped us create fun memories without spending beaucoup bucks.

Supplies:    20 sheets of paper, stickers, baggie, pen, ruler, marker - all things we had around the house
Puzzle:   10 cents
Cherished Memories:   Priceless

However you celebrate, whatever your beliefs, may you and yours have a safe and joyous Winter Holiday Season. Smiley

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016 02:58:00 AM by JS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.

My STS Shop
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016 03:10:08 PM »

I love this idea! So much fun! Thank you for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016 10:04:39 AM »

What a great idea!  Thank you for sharing.  I think we'll be doing this as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016 02:18:05 PM »

Thank you, ladies Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.

My STS Shop
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016 06:05:30 PM »

This is a great solution to a multi-generational activity!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 54
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over
Meatless Monday: Summer Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...