A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
337 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Autumn Sprytes!  (Read 1169 times)
Tags for this thread: art_doll  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
BritishFaery
« on: November 04, 2016 01:45:52 PM »

Hello, Everyone! I have started making my old friends, again - and would love to hear what you think of them  Smiley The pattern is my own, and it has taken such a long time to get right! But it was so worth doing. Before, their legs and arms were jointed weirdly, meaning they were hard to dress, and clothing looked bulky and unnatural. They are jointed in their hips and elbows much more fluidly now, which means I could even make all their clothes removable, which I think just makes them a little more fun, too!
I have made a little Autumn Trio, and had so much fun designing little outfits and matching all the fabrics - though I am not sure I went too far with the matching...!?
I think I still have allot of practising to do when it comes to styling, so I would be really grateful of any thoughts on their clothes!

This is Alice! Alice loves the Autumn, like her two siblings, Ida and Edward. She is an adventurer, leaving early in the morning and coming back late at night with sticks in her hair!

She has sweet little piggy tails (I make the wigs myself, too) And a button detail on her dungarees!

She has buttons on her sleeves, too! I used a blanket to make their fleece jumpers/accesories, so they are realllly soft! And, used the finished edge on them, too.

And this is Edward, I need a better photo of him, really! Edward is a fun-loving, sweet natured boy who loves Autumn the best. All those leaves for jumping in, throwing! Pumpkins to carve, and spiced apple cake.

He's got a little scarf to help keep him warm, and more buttons  Roll Eyes on his dungarees, too!

He has little brown mittens, which you can just about see!

And last but not least, Ida.
Ida is a calm, sweet little thing who loves all the glorious colours Autumn brings. She finds herself sitting for hours, watching the sun tilt and shift through the leaves on the trees, and enjoy that wonderful stillness, that is seemingly unique to Fall.

Ida's little Button peter pan collar

and her armwarmers! These were so fiddly to make!

They are just a bunch of 'lets warm up by the fire' siblings. Tea and blankets for three! And one for me !  Roll Eyes

Here's the three of them, happy with their pumpkins!

I love their little toes!!!
Thanks for looking/reading - I'd love any feedback.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016 02:51:50 AM by treasures_Of_Albion » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FoxyBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016 03:45:26 PM »

They're so lovely and full of character <3 Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

follow me on Instagram  @delightfully.deedra
BritishFaery
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016 11:36:50 PM »

They're so lovely and full of character <3 Great work!

Thankyou!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016 05:38:52 PM »

really lovely! the have such sweet faces and I love the little clothing accessories like the  lacy arm warmers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Noxika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016 07:09:02 PM »

Awesome job on all of them! All that hard work you put into perfecting the pattern really paid off. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All we have to decide is what to craft with the time given to us.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...