A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
259 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall Obsessed  (Read 1244 times)
Tags for this thread: fall_craft , fall , autumn  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ysmeine
« on: October 31, 2016 06:43:34 AM »

I have always decorated outside for Fall, but not inside. My apartment is a little cramped, even more so with my stepson visiting. I wanted to make things festive for him though. This will be his first Thanksgiving.

I started with the banner I made in a class, then the wreath, and decorated the votive candles on that wall.

When making this pumpkin flower arrangement I used similar red sunflowers to the wreath and different branches. My son made one with different flowers and a gray pumpkin. He then drew a face on it with chalk. I had to put it up high to protect it from the cats.

I then decided to make some Dollar Tree crafts. The terrarium, houses a small start off my spider plant for stepson. The pumpkin was leftover from the wreath. I had chosen the picks for the leaves but didn't want the pumpkins.

These other Dollar Tree crafts are for my daughter's apartment. I made two coordinating wreaths, one for her bedroom door and one for her roommate's door.

My daughter and I both love terrariums, so I made one out of a stemless wine glass and one of my candle holders. I placed the other pumpkin in it. Since did not glue it down, she can change it for other seasons.
  save

I chose two signs to alter. A pumpkin for Alex and an acorn for me. The acorn stayed mostly the same. I just mixed up some chalkboard paint for the bottom half. For hers I had to remove the glitter outer frame, which my son chose to save for another project. The inner pumpkin shape was lacking stem so I used a cinnamon stick and finished with burlap bow.

Since my son enjoyed the pumpkin flower arrangement I had him help and to make this arrangement for his sister.

I decided to make one more thing for the livingroom. I knitted a pumpkin and mixed it with my store bought items. I chose a stick from outside, a couple thin vines that fell off a christmas rehab, a raffia bow and and orange leaf to bring out the orange in the yarn. I think it coordinates nicely with the store bought items.

I am switching gears to Christmas planning now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016 06:51:04 AM »

I have been working on clearing the clutter you see in the pics. All but my son's bookshelves which are blocked by stepson's cot. Now if I can just fix my relationship with stepson this easily.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016 07:03:38 AM »

You've really brought the beauty of autumn into your apartment! It's all just lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 80
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016 07:55:18 AM »

So pretty and festive. I love the garland.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017 06:49:31 PM »

Love the banner you made and the festive pumpkin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...