A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
219 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Witch - paper clay, wood and wire  (Read 1313 times)
Tags for this thread: vintage_halloween  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
KarenLouiseM

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2016 09:30:05 PM »

I recently completed the Vintage Halloween swap - a personal favorite.  I was inspired to make this young lady based on something in a similar style on my partners pinterest board, although she was equally inspired by something I made this summer - https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=449920.msg5403610#msg5403610
 I loved every minute of making her - except the part where I got severe swap anxiety because she didn't look all that vintage.  So, I overcrafted some extras to make sure I was covered Grin

Her head and arms are paper clay, her hat (and bats) are fabric.  Her overskirt and bodice are lace.  Her neck is a small wooden spool and her body is a large wooden spool on top of a weird wood shape I had, painted then embellished with metallic chalks.  Her skirt is wire, which loops up through holes in her body and is wound with beads and bits.  Her familiar is plastic and sits on an oversize spool (carpet thread) and fits up under her skirt.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
JoyfulClover
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016 04:17:38 AM »

Hi KarenLouiseM! I'm really happy you posted her in her own thread! She is even more lovely than I thought! (How is that possible?) You made so many really clever choices!

The fitted, separate familiar is DEAD.NICE. You added either a nose piercing or warty (I'm going with creative twist on wart, to nose stud). The small circling bats, the bits and bobs on the wire cage, the extra skull cameo in her corset, and wire swirls at her waist are supurb! I really appreciate how you didn't just choose all black, but so many other muted shades - especially her complexion.

I've seen a couple pieces of your assemblage work, and I'm incredibly impressed (read: jelly) by your creative aesthetic. Rocked it!

\m/
JoyfulClover

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Sewing in General Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016 04:58:03 AM »

She's lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016 06:00:25 AM »

She's simply lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 84
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016 08:15:04 AM »

She lives with me now! Both her and her kitty watch over the 4 dogs to make sure that the Halloween tricks to do not get too out of hand. She will live on my mantel all year long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...