A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
183 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Slow cloth/boro embroidery patches - Gallery  (Read 16626 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2016 07:40:59 AM »

Love both of those patches Joyful!! Wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wulf

Long Live Craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2016 04:45:59 PM »

There isn't one thing in this gallery that I don't want  Grin

I know, me too! For some reason, I thought this was going to be kind of variations on a theme. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyfulClover
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2016 05:33:59 PM »

I received from yofi yesterday! I took photos at work but even crouched by the window, the lighting was dreadful and gave everything a blue cast. You couldn't see the colors! No bueno!

I took photos with the cloth every direction, but for some reason I prefer landscape this way, or portrait to the right...because it's like the rays of the sun, shining down on a lake!

Can you see what I see? The rays are INTENSE! And there's on little pie piece she stitched between. Then in white, she stiched some gentle, Sashiko arcs. Subtle, but there!

The lower stitching on the blue reminds me of creatures swimming, and maybe some sand dollars on the right. And the colors are so beautiful. Not a primary color in sight!  IT'S LIKE GOOEY CINNAMON BUNS FOR THE EYES! SO YUMMY!

yofi also sent this beautiful tiger card which I'm kinda tempted to frame:

And then! And then!... she sent me an extra fabric she said was dyed with turmeric. Each side has a slightly different tone:

I gave it a smidge of a fold so you can drool, too. I'd like to say I'm generous enough I will craft it into a piece for someone else. *rolling eyes away* buuuuuut, I'm pretty sure I will keep it for moi.

Thank you so much, yofi, for being my swap buddy. I loved stitching for you and I love my piece VERY MUCH. I am definitely going to hang this puppy!

\m/   JoyfulClover

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016 06:47:42 PM by JoyfulClover » THIS ROCKS   Logged
purplexime
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2016 06:40:33 PM »

Beautiful job Yofi. Everyone in this swap did a marvelous job. Great interpretations of such a broad subject.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2016 07:36:19 PM »

Joyful, I love what yofi sent you!

And feast your eyes on what I received from yofi today. They both have perle thread, which I don't have in my stash but now must get! I love the compositions of both of them, and so much texture, not to mention the lovely stitches! I'm not that great of a photographer so hope you can see the texture, in the black one especially.

I love how the colorful chain stitches are coming out of the receptacle - kind of like flowers/plants out of a vase or nice aromas out of a carafe.

I love the plant on the right, the vine, the weaving. I love it all  Grin

Thanks yofi for being a great partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2016 07:55:16 PM »

hey, when y'all have a free moment, could you check the "sent/received" tally on the first page of the gallery to see if I have your status right? I feel like it's not quite right and feel like I forgot someone. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
JoyfulClover
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2016 02:45:09 AM »

I really appreciate the base black fabric! So unusual. And it does look like a carafe!

But I really love the woven disk, with the black thread stipe. Yowza! That is fantastic touch!

Great job, yofi!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2016 10:12:54 AM »

I'm so glad you both like your patches -- they were lots of fun!

I discovered something interesting during the process.  While I like the look of embroidery, I've always struggled with it.  For some reason, I hold the needle in my right hand, altho' I'm left-handed in most ways.  I had a little book of decorative stitches that I flipped thru for inspiration, and as I was finishing these patches it suddenly struck me that all the illustrations are for right handers!  And I've been gamely struggling along all this time!

So, I have a book for left-handed sewists on my wish list now, and will try to undo 40 years of bad conditioning!

I really enjoyed this swap and have been working on a few patches just for myself.  I will keep my eyes peeled for round two!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purplexime
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2016 12:04:07 PM »

Awesome job Yofi!  Lovely colors and textures as well as design. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2016 12:36:29 PM »

Beautiful work, yofi! I never would have suspected you struggled with the stitches.

Did you rust dye the rays in your piece to JoyfulClover? Love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...