A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong Yule Term 2016/2017*~ CLOSED!  (Read 105615 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #530 on: January 17, 2017 10:45:10 AM »

Erin, there's no pic in your post of hat number 6 Sad

Challenge: det - dec
House: ravenclaw
Project: bear hood
So... I made the hood part of this weeks ago, but only just got my ass in gear to make the ears and sew them on!

This pic is for all three projects this post - the bear is the brown one!

Challenge: det Jan
House: ravenclaw
Project: mouse hood
In the muggle story 'cinderella' a good witch changes a mouse into a pageboy - taking inspiration from her, I am doing the opposite: turning a little boy into a mouse!
(Pic above, mouse is grey with pink ears)

Challenge: house unity
House: racehorse
Project: fox hood
Taking inspiration from the cunning slytherins, I chose to make a cunning me fox hood (snakes don't have ears so I couldn't do one of them!!)
(Pic above, fox is the bottom most one)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017 10:53:19 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #531 on: January 17, 2017 12:05:57 PM »

Oh my gosh, everyone has been so busy!!

I always forget that January kicks my butt at work, which sucks because January is usually my favorite time of year.

I happen to share a birthday month with Professor Lockheart, I will have to try to make ME something. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: January 17, 2017 02:00:51 PM »

Challenge: Headmistress - January
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Pussyhat for Audrey

Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=451376.0
Brief Description:  On January 21st, history will be made when hundreds of thousands of women will march on Washington DC, in support of women's rights.  As part of my quest for immortality, I am attending the march with a close friend.  Audrey has told me that while she doesn't personally want to have children, she wants to be able to tell the child of every friend she knows, that she marched for their rights, and for a better world for them.  What better legacy can there be, than one of a brighter future?  In addition to the march, there is a project called the Pussyhat Project, which seeks to have women wear pink cat hats, as a sign of solidarity with one another in the march.  It's also a way for crafters who aren't able to attend, to have their work represent them there.  This hat is for Audrey to wear as we march together!  The pattern is the Crocheted Pussyhat pattern by Brittany Harrell.  The yarn is Yarn Bee Soft Secret in colorway Rosey.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Magical Me!
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Pussyhat for Me!

Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=451376.0
Brief Description:  So, of course I crafted for someone else....  but what about ME?  Obviously I needed a hat too!  Part of the pussyhat project is that the hats are supposed to be pink.  I know some women love pink, but I really loathe the color.  (And the implication that I'm somehow supposed to like it just because of my gender.)  So instead of a plain pink yarn, I went with a variegated yarn that held a good deal of pink, mixed with purples, blues, and teals.  The pattern is the Seamless Pussyhat by Joyful Darkness.  It's made from Yarn Bee Aspyn, in the colorway Mountain Bluebird.  
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017 02:01:58 PM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

« Reply #533 on: January 17, 2017 02:25:19 PM »

I really hope you know how amazing you are Jennie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 17, 2017 03:47:56 PM »

I really hope you know how amazing you are Jennie

Agreed! Singular and absolutely amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #535 on: January 17, 2017 04:45:53 PM »

I hope you have a very happy birthday, Abbeeroad!!!!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Magical ME Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: A knife case for me
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I wanted to try making something else that was more than a coaster.  I'm always borrowing Netchez or Fred's pocket knife.  I had a knife case kit so I decided to make it for me to help me remember to carry my pocket knife.  I didn't like the patterns that came with the kit so I took this pattern from a comb case kit I downloaded online. It turned out I didn't have the right stamps for the pattern, but I was able to improvise with what I had.  I like how it turned out.  I think I did pretty well considering this is only the second time I've done leather carving.  Smiley
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017 04:49:42 PM by midkiffsjoy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Magpirate
« Reply #536 on: January 17, 2017 10:09:15 PM »

Your leather tooling is beautiful, midkiffsjoy!  I especially love the knife case with the leaves.  That leather ball you made is really cool, too!  Great job on the socks!

The hoods you made are fantastic, noodle-bug!  The little ears are SO cute, and I love the pattern around the bottom of the fox one.

Jennie, I adore those hats!  I hadn't heard of the Pussyhat Project, but I like the idea.  I also really like your take on the required pink, it looks gorgeous!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Headmistress's Challenge - Philosopher's Stone
SPEW: N/A
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Thank-You Sugar Cookies
Project Page Link: Recipe from here
Brief Description: Yesterday was a pretty crappy day for me, the worst bit of which was the moment I realized that the $100 bill my girlfriend had given me that morning (from her mother for Christmas) was no longer in my pocket.  I lost it at work, or more likely outside of work when I took a walk at break.  I was pretty upset when I realized it was gone, and I searched everywhere with no luck.  Then today I received an anonymous card that said "Random act of kindness from your work family" with $100 inside!  Someone had taken up a collection for me.  Smiley  I was really touched and I wanted to do something to say thanks, so I baked cookies.

I used the recipe linked above, except I only had 1 1/2 cups of flour so I used Bisquick for the rest and left out the salt and baking powder.  (I made the peanut butter cookies from a mix, so I'm not turning those in for points...)  They are primarily gold - well, golden brown, which I hope is close enough to count for the prompt.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology class
Project Name: Chocolate Chip Thank-You Cookies
Project Page Link: Recipe from here
Brief Description: More cookies!  (Appropriate for eating with tea!)  These ones started out as a mix, but I accidentally used twice the necessary amount of butter so I added in a half batch of the recipe linked above (substituting 1 tbsp of oil for the half of an egg I was supposed to use).  They turned out kind of flat but they taste good anyway.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shiny.
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

« Reply #537 on: January 18, 2017 02:54:42 AM »

I have been wanting to post this village for ages, but illness had me laid low, but I am back at work on a good computer and good broadband...yay!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Headmistress's Challenge - Philosopher's Stone
Project Name: glitter house
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=451380.0

Brief Description: Each christmas for the last seven years I have made a glitter house, it has become a tradition, the bottoms of the houses are white, so I write a brief account of the highlights of each year. They are made of strong cardboard and so I envisage my great great great grandkids tenderly unwrapping them and reading accounts of the first decade of the 21 century. Depending on how long I live, the village might take over my home.
the whole village

This years was a pink house, in homage to my growing flamingo obsession. I had a pair of pink flamingo earrings that someone made me in a swap, so they are in the front garden .

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

« Reply #538 on: January 18, 2017 03:02:20 AM »

Jennie that is brilliant, I will be on that march with you in spirit.

noodle loving those hats
magpirate that is so sweet of  your work family, and it shows how much you are loved there. Awesome looking cookies btw.

and I wanted to show you all the wonderful Hagrid that arrived in the mail for me today from    ErinAquaheart isn't he brilliant!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
noodle-bug

« Reply #539 on: January 18, 2017 06:08:46 AM »

Ahhhh that village! I love it! Is there a project post somewhere that I can rock?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...