A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
185 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong Yule Term 2016/2017*~ CLOSED!  (Read 91542 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #440 on: January 03, 2017 07:19:32 AM »

Thanks ladies! Cheesy

Jennie - I didn't manage to do the December Iron Chef prompt either - you got closer than I did, ha! Don't feel lazy - just take care of yourself and feel better!!

Thanks for the extra time, noodle! I'm looking forward to some post-holiday calmness and crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #441 on: January 03, 2017 12:55:47 PM »

Thank you so much everyone for the cards in the card exchange: I've loved receiving your cards with such kind messages. Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #442 on: January 03, 2017 01:45:12 PM »

We've got a new Gryffindor Monthly Feature up in the Gryffindor Common Room. Stop in and give it a read!

Inspired by this month's feature, I'm going to think about what my crafty "Everest" might be (love the concept). Anyone have one they want to share?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #443 on: January 03, 2017 05:17:29 PM »

Howdy Lovely folks
I've just done a massive SPEW update (largely based on the list that LovelyMiss created and I just found). I added about a bizzillion new charities requesting crafting stuff, but thought I'd also present some of them in this abridged form Smiley

Not in America? Me neither. We like giving stuff too! Some new-to-SPEW non-USA based charities are...
 - Knit4Charities:  database of charities requesting knit items across Australia.
 - Uthando Project:  (Australia) Create dolls for the vulnerable children of Kwazulu-Natal
 - Knitting for Brisbranes Needy (Queensland) Knit and crochet items for people who need assistance
 - Angel Hugs (Canada)  Craft a wide variety of clothing and blankets for those in need
 - there are also some UK charities in the main thread

Not a knitter, crochetter or sewer? Most charities seem to ask for those things, but here's some other idea too...
woodworking:
- Heavenly Angels in Need (USA) give baby clothes and memorial boxes to help families who have lost a baby, and children who have experienced trauma.
card making:
 - Cards for Hospitalized Kids (USA)  Create hand made cards for kids in hospitals and Ronald McDonald Houses across the U.S.
 - DOROT:  Craft a card for an isolated senior.
paracord crafting:
 - Partnering With Heroes (USA) gives out paracord braclets to service troops (instructions for making on site)
no-sew fabric:
- Snuggles (USA) distribute blankets to animal shelters, knit / crochet / sew / no-sew patterns on site

Short on time? Remember you can also make up craft kits and claim SPEW points for that - lots of the listed charities will accept supplies for other volunteers to make up, or you could contribute to...
 - Infants Remembered in Silence (USA) baby blankets, caps, and prayer shawls for bereaved parents. Also accept scrapbooking supplies for parents to create their own memorial pages.
 - Caitlin's Smiles (USA) distributes arts and crafts kits & activities to hospitalised children
 - women's / homeless shelters, elderly homes and other community resources often have use for craft supplies to use in creative sessions, art therapy etc
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017 06:39:52 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: January 03, 2017 05:41:53 PM »

Challenge: Trees - Icicles
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Recipe Link: Espresso Pumpkin Muffins

Brief Description: Since I had all the ingredients already out, I made muffins for breakfast this morning, even though they are too late for the Iron Chef challenge.  They are moist and flavorful, and must be kept at a precise 375 degrees for 20 minutes. 
Project Picture:

Challenge: Trees - Bells
Project Name: Hoppin' John with Andouille, Greens & Cornbread

Brief Description: As part of my ongoing effort to learn about the foods and traditions of the South, I made the traditional meal of Hoppin' John, Greens & Cornbread for dinner on New Year's Day.  I followed the cornbread recipe exactly (except using cashew milk instead of cow milk).  For the greens I had to use kale instead of collards because the grocery store was sold out, and I replaced the cider vinegar with red wine vinegar.  For the Hoppin' John itself I mostly followed the recipe I linked too, but I kept the rice separate, rather than stirred in, and I topped the dish with the andouille after sauting it, in order to get some golden brown crispiness.  All three recipes delight the eye with their bright colors, the nose with their savory fragrance, and the tongue with their bright flavors. 
Project Picture:

Challenge: Trees - Fake Snow
Project Name: Steampunk Fairy Coloring Page

Brief Description: Over Christmas, I had a wonderful visit with my SIL and nephew while at my MIL's home.  Jennifer, Hudson & I spent a few glorious hours coloring.  Hudson enjoyed his kids coloring books, and I dug in with him, until my MIL pulled out the big girl coloring books for us grownups.  Kay even let me use one of the pages from her much loved Steampunk Fairy coloring book!  I was amazed to find I had spent several hours coloring this one page!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: January 03, 2017 05:43:43 PM »

Howdy Lovely folks
I've just done a massive SPEW update (largely based on the list that LovelyMiss created and I just found). I added about a bizzillion new charities requesting crafting stuff, but thought I'd also present some of them in this abridged form Smiley

Way to go noodle-bug!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: January 04, 2017 06:32:06 AM »

Yesterday Abbeeroad asked me "How has the Harry Potter Craftalong influenced your life (inside or outside of crafting)?" 

Well, I have a new answer.  I'm currently wearing the Hogwarts Astronomy Club pj's that FiberAlchemist made me in the One Awesome HP Thing Swap back in 2013, the shawl Ant Bee sent me back in May, and am drinking tea from an adorable owl mug sent to me by Abbeeroad.  You guys are literally taking care of me while I'm sick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai
« Reply #447 on: January 04, 2017 07:21:53 AM »

Mistress Jennie is amazing. Has pneumonia and still manages to inspire us and make incredible food Grin 500 projects in 5 years for the HPC! There's a reason she's our esteemed Mistress  Kiss
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017 07:25:34 AM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #448 on: January 04, 2017 09:39:09 AM »

Yesterday Abbeeroad asked me "How has the Harry Potter Craftalong influenced your life (inside or outside of crafting)?" 

Well, I have a new answer.  I'm currently wearing the Hogwarts Astronomy Club pj's that FiberAlchemist made me in the One Awesome HP Thing Swap back in 2013, the shawl Ant Bee sent me back in May, and am drinking tea from an adorable owl mug sent to me by Abbeeroad.  You guys are literally taking care of me while I'm sick.

LOVE! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: January 04, 2017 09:59:16 AM »

I hope you feel well soon. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...