A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
208 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong Yule Term 2016/2017*~ CLOSED!  (Read 89238 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 08, 2016 04:29:04 PM »

Midkiffsjoy-- you got it made! Got the kids fighting to do the cleaning! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 08, 2016 04:56:41 PM »

More classes and such:

Class: Divination
House: Slytherin
Project name: Batty Bow and ears
Project description: I made a batty skirt for Halloween. And then promptly stashed the fabric remains for later. It didn't take me long to realize that I could be a "bat" all day for Halloween with a little felt, an old headband blank, and a hair bow to match my skirt. So I made a little bow and some bat ears. It was fun being a bat.

Class: herbology
Project name: Painted bookmark
Project description: I associate drinking tea with being creative. Especially watercoloring. And I also associate drinking tea with cuing up with a blanket and a good book. So I decided that watercoloring a bookmark while drinking tea to use while drinking tea would be a double for this prompt.

Class: History of Magic
Project name: Geometric Flow
Project description: I love to paint and watercolor. But I am very rigid. I like saturated colors and hard lines. I also like curves. Angles bother me. So I thought I would challenge myself and show how much I have grown. Also it has some hidden elements. Each girl represents parts of myself. And how I feel very split and conflicted right now.

Class: Potions
Project name: Yellow cape
Project description: No matter what form my boggart would take I'm pretty sure I would have it turn into the same thing. A super hero version of itself. Nothing is funnier than something funny drawn up as a cute super hero! A spider in a cape? Or a snake? Or how about a boss?  Lol. That's actually a fear of mine. I don't really like authority. So jobs are hard and the idea of a "boss" is scary. Even if she is only 5'2". My boss is this. And she had me make her a yellow cape to wear to a district meeting. I'm sure she was cute in it. I don't have a picture of her wearing it. Sad

Class: SoAR
Project name: Luna painting
Project link: because this hasn't been shipped to Seeuudee yet
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153987238657377&id=506097376&set=a.10150269178477377.325533.506097376&source=56
Project description: I painted this Luna as a prize for Seeuudee. Watercolor always takes concentration and discipline to do but they are harder to do when trying to pull off beloved characters. How do you make Luna your own and still have her recognizable as the character? It was difficult and there was more than one complete start over. But I loved the challenge!

Class: Transfiguration
Project name: Batty Skirt
Project description: this is the skirt I made myself for Halloween. The fabric has little green bats all over it. This is the first time I have made anything with a zipper! It is also the first time I have had to alter a pattern. The pattern just wasn't big enough for me. So I had to calculate how many more inches each piece was giving to need and than redraw the pieces in the new size. It fit perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #352 on: December 09, 2016 04:16:09 AM »

Wow! I am so impressed with the art work, I try, I dabble and then I'm usually so disappointed with the result that there's a lot of confetti to clear up. I don't know why I'm so perfectionist with art, when other mediums I'm more relaxed with. Ah well. I love the free loose expression in your painting, so much honesty as well. Wonderful.

Headmistress Challenge: Hagrids 12 Christmas trees Challenge: Stars
SPEW: n/a
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Jammin
Brief Description: I like to forage and to make good use of what I have and one of my favourite skills to use is preserving. Way back in the summer I picked a lot of gooseberries and blackberries and, having nothing to go with them at the time, popped them in the freezer for later use. Roll on autumn and there were apples: so many apples! There is a beautiful crab apple tree around the corner and a number of ordinary trees too. I collected them up and made jam, lots of jam. Blackberry and toffee apple jam (sounds so much better than I ignored it too long and it nearly burned), crab apple jelly, quince and apple jam (which I liked so much I made a second batch!) and gooseberry and apple jam.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #353 on: December 09, 2016 08:14:58 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Hagrid's Star
SPEW: -
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: M&M Illusion cupcakes
Project Page Link: -
Brief Description: Something that I shine at and lights me up everytime anyone asks me to do, is making cupcakes.  Made cupcakes for my nephews 3rd birthday and after asking what kind he wanted he yelled "m&m!" so he got m&m based cupcakes.  These are made with the illusion of the candies pouring from the bag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsqQh5rd1Uw
Project Picture:

See?  I really excel at cupcakes.  There are 5 different kinds! lol

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Hagrid's Angel
Project Name: Graham Cracker Houses
Brief Description: Made ten graham cracker house bases for a girl scout group that I am in charge of.  Those little angels are so fun to have come over to my house to learn skills and sometimes just to have fun.  Like make gingerbread houses! 
I made the houses cutting up graham crackers and then 'glued' them to cardboard cake circles with melted sugar 'caramel'.  You just put plain old white sugar into a heavy bottom pan and heat on medium until it looks golden.  Dip cracker edges in it and put together.  Holds much faster than royal frosting when you are trying to make a bunch at once. 
Project Picture:

Some finished houses of theirs and my 3 year old nephew's.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Hagrid Icicles
Project Name: Christmas Layer Finger Jello
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=442375.0
Brief Description: I love making this finger jello because kids love it and it looks so festive.  It is simple as in open a box and stir, but takes hours to create so you have to stay near your fridge.  The only picky thing about it, is you have to keep everything at the right temperature.  You have to heat the liquids to boiling to get the gelatin to melt, but then let it cool enough so you wont melt the layer under it after it has been kept cold.
Project Picture:
Took these to a neighborhood party and a whole two tier tray was empty by the time I made it through the dinner line!  lol.  Kids adore them.  I served them in muffin cups so they were easy to grab and go.  These four sad ones were the "broken" ones I saved for my girl's lunches.  Glad I did because I forgot to take a pic of the first stack!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Hagrid Fake Snow
Project Name: Lego Potter Earrings
Brief Description: I used purchased lego Harry Potter heads as a fun purchased supply to use to make earrings.  These went to my partner in the HP Holiday swap.  She asked for some small HP gifts to give to friends.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Hagrid Baubles
Project Name: Dobby Card
Brief Description:  I wanted to do a Potter themed Christmas card this year and got inspiration from an etsy card with dobby saying he got a birthday card. So I drew Dobby in my own personal cartoon style and then painted him in photoshop.  I thought there wasn't enough color so I went back and added a hat and holly.  For our family pic we all got our Hogwarts houses quidditch team shirts and are going to stand in front of our HP Christmas tree.  It'll be fun!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Hagrid Tree Skirt
Project Name: Countdown Stockings
Brief Description: These Christmas stockings are both functional and decorative.  They are very festive above my kitchen table, but as the month goes by each day my girls will get to take one down and find a mini present or activity to do for that day. 
This wasn't going to be one of my projects because it was storebought stockings with easy handmade shrinky dink tags, but this dumb project cost me a whole morning setting up!  Crazy.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name: Baby Potter Pegs
Brief Description: Made my HP Holiday swap partner some Potter Peg friends and she talked about having an American Girl Doll that she was trying to make potter friendly.  I had these miniature peg wooden babies and thought it would be fun to try to make her doll some baby pegs too.  It required precise calculations to paint them scaled from Big Peg to baby peg.
Project Picture:

Completed OWL
OWL Subject & Option: Potions 2 (PM proposal)
Project Name: Potter Peg Ornaments
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=450969.new;topicseen#new
Brief Description: Here I showed proficiency in the shrinking potion learning how to shrink Harry Potter and his crew by just making them small and not go back in age.  I made them small enough so I can hook them up and let them be cute decorations on my HP tree.
Project Picture:

PROPOSAL OWL
OWL Subject & Option:  Defense Against the Dark Arts - 1
Project Name: Temple Painting
Brief Description: The patronus is a useful spell for ridding your area of dementors.  It is a difficult spell to master however, so be prepared for a back up plan.  One plan is to go to a highly spiritual place, like a religious temple.  For this OWL I would like to paint one of those sacred dementor free zones.  It will be a large 24X36 painting that I will hang in my front room, hopefully ridding my home of dementors while I continually practice and master the patronus spell. I hope to have this finished by the end of january.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

GryffinMaus

« Reply #354 on: December 09, 2016 12:12:43 PM »

Those M&M cupcakes are SOOO COOOL, patty_o!!

Swap items are being received, so I can finally post some of my projects...

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Woven Scrap Metal
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: The metal part of this piece is a gathered item from...somewhere. Neither Mr. Road or I can remember exactly where this piece came from, we've had it for that long. It may have been picked up at a swap meet, or it might have been an "extra" car piece from one of Mr. Road's projects. It may have been randomly picked up from the roadside a la alteredmommy. All we know is that it was gathered from somewhere, and then I used it in this craft. Woven sashiko thread gives it a whole new life. Inspired by Trekky's rusty weaving experiment and sent to sheepBlue.

Class: Divination
Project Name: Fabric Scrap Necklace
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=451008.0
Brief Description: This piece is a combination of several items from my stash, including the purple dyed piece that was from a large sheet I dyed a long time ago with my son. In this reincarnation of past pieces, I have reflected newer crafting techniques while preserving the old - crafting in to the future without forgetting where I came from.
Project Picture:

Class: Herbology
Project Name: Rust and Tea Dyed Scarf
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=451007.0
Brief Description: For herbology this term, I literally used tea to dye a scarf. I first dyed it with rust, then over dyed it in a tea bath made from 40 teabags steeped in boiling water for 15 minutes.
Project Picture:

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name: Mandala Burned Spoon
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=451009.0
Brief Description: The mandala represents the universe in Hindu and Buddhist symbolism. In dreams, it symbolizes the dreamer's search for completeness and self-unity. I have given a great deal of thought to these concepts, and continue to search for my own sense of truth, completeness, and place in the universe through reading, lectures, meditation, yoga, crafting, and general self-exploration. It is a lifelong pursuit.
Project Picture:

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Shibori Rust Dyed Scarf
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=451007.0
Brief Description: This scarf was made using the shibori dye technique of wrapping and scrunching fabric around a cylindrical tool. The scarf is firmly secured and wrapped to create the signature "waves" when dyed. It takes a firm hand to scrunch the tied fabric and to ensure it is wrapped well enough to create a strong resist pattern.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016 12:39:46 PM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #355 on: December 09, 2016 01:41:59 PM »

That rust dyed scarf is so amazing. Glorious colours: I have so much envy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #356 on: December 09, 2016 02:00:43 PM »

That scarf looks like wood with that pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

Too blessed to be stressed! Smiley
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #357 on: December 09, 2016 02:30:52 PM »

One of the things I love about this craft along us that it brings together people with such different styles - can you think of things more current than Erin's painting and Abbee's rust dying? both so beautiful, but in entirely didn't ways!

I always love those type of illusion cakes, I've never seen them as cupcakes before, what a fab idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #358 on: December 10, 2016 09:11:10 AM »

Thanks for the kind words on the scarf, guys! It was an experiment for sure. Smiley

AND...we have a new Gryffindor featured in the Gryffindor Common Room this month - be sure to stop by and check it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee

Smile!

« Reply #359 on: December 10, 2016 01:37:17 PM »

Wow, have been away for a few days due to finishing up a swap and going away for a couple of days - so many fantastic projects have been posted. Pinterest board is almost up to date, but I have hit my daily limit of pins, so will finish up tomorrow! Shocked

Class: SoAR
Project name: Luna painting
Project link: because this hasn't been shipped to Seeuudee yet
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153987238657377&id=506097376&set=a.10150269178477377.325533.506097376&source=56
Project description: I painted this Luna as a prize for Seeuudee. Watercolor always takes concentration and discipline to do but they are harder to do when trying to pull off beloved characters. How do you make Luna your own and still have her recognizable as the character? It was difficult and there was more than one complete start over. But I loved the challenge!

I am so tempted to click and have a look, but I am determined to keep it a surprise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...