A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong Yule Term 2016/2017*~ CLOSED!  (Read 104202 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #560 on: January 25, 2017 03:48:40 PM »

Seeuudee, love your mermaid tail! How cool that we've both been working on the same thing but different designs Smiley I love your frilly flipper!

Jennie - that sign is fab, I love the colours, and the worrying you choose! I couldn't march here in London because I was working (tried to book it off but wasn't allowed as someone else already had) - but I really enjoyed seeing all the signs the next day, they had been tucked into the railings a few places, so you could walk around reading them Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #561 on: January 25, 2017 07:35:42 PM »

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject: Defense Against Dark Arts (Option 2)
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Dean's Quilt
Brief Description: Snape's patronus echoes the Potter family's in that it is a deer.  I'm making a baby quilt for a distant relative, and the fabric that "sparked" all the others for this quilt features this animal.  The quilt is made for a baby who we already know will have health problems when he's born, so a little extra patronus protection in the quilt would not be amiss.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #562 on: January 25, 2017 08:02:23 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
SPEW: n/a
Project Name:This semester we are studying about transformations.  In my muggle school class we are also studying about transformations.  I created this Watercolor Art about the transformation that water goes through in the Water Cycle. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #563 on: January 25, 2017 09:08:03 PM »

newtnewtnewt

NEWT Subject: Arithmancy
Project Name: Personal Progress Book Holders
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: I used my arithmancy knowledge to take much amounts of fabric, ribbons, interfacing, and made them into 10+ book holders.  These are for the local church group that has progress books for the young women to do service and talent activities.  This will give them a place to keep their books and things nice.  Even a spot for a pen!  Used this pattern: http://www.cranialhiccups.com/2012/01/young-women-personal-progress-book-holders.html 
My girls then saw how fun the book holders were and wanted their own.  So instead of 10 books, I made 12.  My girls got fun jewel buttons on front to give an extra sparkle, and were especially excited to choose their own fabrics.  My oldest already had one, but was sad her fabrics were boring.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PattyO's Pinterest

15 year old daughter ISO a kid/teen craft swap partner!
plaidpineapple
« Reply #564 on: January 25, 2017 10:41:37 PM »

patty_o_furniture What lucky young women!  Those are gorgeous.
seeuudee, delightful items.  What are sloes?  I have never heard of them.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
SPEW: n/a
Project Name: Continuing my studies of astronomy, I pursued my lesson in sets of 6.  I chose 6 different types of beads.  I then used sets of 6 beads for the largest bead types.

Read more: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=450194.560#ixzz4WqaaF09y
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee
« Reply #565 on: January 26, 2017 09:32:51 AM »

That bracelet is stunning, I love the colours. And the book covers are so pretty.

Noodle-bug, I smiled when I saw yours. There are so many patterns around, but I did love that tail. Tempted to make myself one, but it took me forever to do a child size one, not sure I have the sticking power!

seeuudee, delightful items.  What are sloes?  I have never heard of them.

Sloes are in the plum and damson family. The tree is the Blackthorn. And the thorns are sharp! They are about the size of blueberries but are inedible raw, really sour. They should be picked after the first frost, but they never last on the tree that long, so I picked them as soon as they were ripe and gave them a few days in the freezer. I believe it is not quite as good, but a close second.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #566 on: January 26, 2017 09:46:44 AM »

Oh my gosh! All of these hats are amazing! I didn't get to march, but my sister in law did and she said it was one of the most amazing and humbling things she's ever done in her life. I have so much respect for all of you who were there as well as those of us there in spirit!

I am in love with the mermaid tails!

And that Sloe gin looks fabulous. I wish we had them here! Maybe I can order a tree.... I do have a damson plum tree. Maybe that would make yummy gin?

That deer stocking is too sweet!

Very good water transformation!

Those progress book holders are lovely! I ought to make one for myself and the girlies. Maybe I would be a little more organized?

I love the colors in that bracelet!

I will have a mini project drop later today but I wanted to get on really quick to admire all of your lovely crafts. Looking lovely, ladies!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #567 on: January 26, 2017 11:28:21 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: January Detention
SPEW:
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Flowers in January
Project Link: Huh? and then http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ying-hua-shawl
Brief Description: I started this shawl about a year and a half ago. So long ago, in fact, that I couldnt find the pattern I was using before when I finally picked the project up again a month ago! I went through my Revelry and found an edging that I liked and kind of fudged it so it would fit the dimensions of the main part of the shawl that I was happy with size-wise.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: a Pinch of Floo Powder: Corner Shop!
SPEW:
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove Apple Jam
Project Link: http://tiaskitchen.com/apple-jam-cinnamon-pectin-free/
Brief Description: I made this deliciousness using simple ingredients and a ton of apples I picked up at Apple Hill last week. We went out to find snow but came home with apples. 40lbs. of apples for only $15!! What a deal! I couldnt pass it up, so Ive been making APPLE EVERYTHING!! I wanted to use something without pectin and see how it went. I discovered that it didnt want to jam very well and I feel it became more of a butter. Still delicious!! And I can tell you that apple jam/butter on toast makes for a VERY enjoyable free time user. Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
seeuudee
« Reply #568 on: January 26, 2017 11:50:28 AM »

And that Sloe gin looks fabulous. I wish we had them here! Maybe I can order a tree.... I do have a damson plum tree. Maybe that would make yummy gin?

Yes, damsons do make a good fruit gin and the recipe would be the same, but I would use less sugar, as damsons start off sweeter. I actually started with less sugar, but about a month in tried it and added some simple sugar syrup at that point. I would probably halve the sugar in the sloe recipe and give it a little taste after a month or so, adding more if needed.

It also depends on the gin you choose. I used a Dry London Gin, so my starting point was very dry. If you started with a different gin, you would likely need less sugar, even for sloe gin.

Lastly, it comes down to personal taste. Some shop bought sloe gins are very sweet, almost syrupy, which are usually too sweet for me.

The other fruit gin I want to have a go at is Gin Cherry - I love anything cherry, so definitely on the cards to give this one a go Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #569 on: January 26, 2017 12:02:04 PM »

A Mini Update as opposed to my usual massive project dump.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against Dark Arts
Project Name: Best Cookies Ever!
Recipe: http://bit.ly/2kp7CeU
Brief Description:  I work at one of our campus libraries supervising the student workers, and always make them cookies at the beginning of the semester as a sort of welcome back gesture and to remind myself that I do really enjoy them, even if the first few weeks of classes makes you want to tear out your hair with all their last minute schedule changes. As usual, I used my favorite recipe for the base and just substitute whatever sort of goodies I have on hand for the peanut butter chips.  This time around I reduced the amount of butter and used mint chips, and I have to say they are some of the tastiest things I've ever made.

018 C is for Cookies by Trillian, on Flickr

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Headmistress' Challenge - Philosopher's Stone
Project Name: Basket o' Dresses
Brief Description: I had time for a massive sewing session last weekend, and decided to make a giant batch of doll dresses.  I usually just make them in ones and twosies, so this was a much bigger undertaking than usual, but I did kind of enjoy the assembly line process. (There are two yellow dresses there that were used for another prompt, but even taking those out of the equation it was still an 8 hour undertaking)

A Productive Weekend by Trillian, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...