A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
164 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong Yule Term 2016/2017*~ CLOSED!  (Read 91548 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #550 on: January 22, 2017 07:52:35 AM »

That Gryffindor shrinky is particularly RAWRsome, Jen  Grin

Agreed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #551 on: January 22, 2017 04:51:08 PM »

Hey there all! I have a couple of things to turn in but probably won't get to until tomorrow.

However, I have a ....

***NEWT PROPOSAL***

Subject: Muggle Studies
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Westward Ho!!
Brief Description: In the late Spring or early Summer I plan on taking my girl scout troop to Marshal Gold Discovery State Park in Coloma, Ca. Its a really cool town that started during the Gold Rush and is where the rush began. They do re-enactments and have special days of the year where you can view a day in the life of.  Anyone and everyone dresses up! This particular town has original buildings, mines, and homes that were built before the gold fever happened and maintained so that we can visit today! My NEWT is to make period outfits for my two daughters. Each outfit will have a dress, shift/petticoat, and a bonnet. This undertaking will take me about two months (probably longer) since I will only be able to work on it during weekends. If, for some reason, it is shorter I will make each an apron to go with their outfit. Wont it be exciting to see if they blend into Muggle history?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #552 on: January 23, 2017 01:44:03 AM »

Jen, I absolutely LOVE those shrinkies ... I've got shrink plastic somewhere, really should try making some shrinky dinks myself this year! Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride:
Herbology
SPEW: n/a
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Teabag Pouch
Project Page Link (if available): Pattern
Brief Description: I decided, after about 1 year being "registered" with the HP craftalong on Ravelry, that it's time to hand in some "homework". They had a BLITZ session (to hand in an item at a certain date) and as I only got the memo about that on Saturday I had to come up with something quickly. I also wanted to combine some classes, so colour was an issue as well. Funnily enough, the item I made fits our Herbology homework to a "tea"  Grin . It's a teabag pouch (to prevent the teabag from snagging anything in a bag, or - if made of paper - to dissolve and have the tea bag crumbling. Its also a nice shade of green like fresh tea leaves. Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 23, 2017 12:28:24 PM »

Inselaeffchen-- that tea pouch is adorable

Jen--those shrink charms are amazing!

And my weekly hat!

Challenge: na
SPEW: UAMS Cancer Center
House: Slytherin
Project Name: cancer hat #7 blue
Project description: a blue hat for the cancer center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #554 on: January 23, 2017 06:50:32 PM »

Work is so crazy, so I was browsing some older posts to start getting up to date.  A few that I just have to post about--
WOW Moonflame I ADORE you doll set.  What amazing details and I love the story!  I would never of guessed some of the items were made from foam core board.  I just love it all!   Not to mention all the cosplay items, you have been busy!

seeuudee I adore he shawl.  Gorgeous yarn and pattern.

Inselaeffchen Lots of wonderful items. I especially like the mugs and football cocoon.

Audania1 Wonderful blanket, and I am going to have to try that mulled wine.

patty_o_furniture I am a sucker for sweets of all types.  Those marshmallows look so yummy.  Did it feel time intensive?  The cards are adorable!  (Just have to mention I was a recipient of an amazing Harry Potter swap from patty o in the last swap-she does amazing work!  And her card with that was also so cute! )

gaudiknight the lil' dresses are so cute. Love the winter woods one.  The fabric print size is perfect for her.

jellybean89-All the crochet items-Beautiful!  Whoever ends up receiving that afghan is so lucky.  What a great donation to a great cause.

midkiffsjoy-cute skirts.  I am curious how long it took to sew through the leather for the ball.  Did you have to create holes first?  I love historical toys, clothes etc.

noodle-bug cutest hoods ever!!  I love the digraph cards.  I have my praxis test tomorrow (test for teaching- I am in my first year as a 4th and 5th grade teacher) so those cards are very familiar to me.  What a great charity project.

Mistress Jennie LOVE your multicolored pussycat hat.

edelC- Seriously you have inspired me to do something similar to your glitter houses.  What a great idea!  I have ornaments that my great grandmother made, which I love-but wow- if their was some type of writing I could read too--very cool idea for an heirloom tradition.

jenleahlynn-Such a variety of project.  I could totally rock that Gryffindor shields a pin Smiley

ErinAquaheart that blue hat will really help brighten someones day!  It is wonderful.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 24, 2017 07:21:01 PM »

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!

ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS!

THE SLYTHERIN VALENTINE CARD EXCHANGE DEADLINE IS NOW JANUARY 27th!!!

I am extending the signup deadline for the Slytherin Valentine card exchange to this Friday, the 27th of January! 

Slytherin House wants to spread the love this season so please just PM me, ErinAquaheart, Your name and address and I will send out the mailing list on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: January 25, 2017 09:28:10 AM »

Note from the Headmistress...

I am currently looking for a new member of staff for next semester!  We are currently in need of a Professor of Flying.  Professors design the prompts for their subjects, and answer any questions that may come up about those prompts.  If they wish, they may also design their own badges (or have me make them if they don't have access to software), and set up and maintain a Classroom in the first few pages of the thread, with information and fun about their subject.  Neither of these are required, but are always welcome. 

If you're interested in the position, please send me a PM as soon as possible! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #557 on: January 25, 2017 10:52:38 AM »

there's a new Floo challenge up on the board!

Please note: this challenge will roll over into next semester also - but you can only claim points for it once (either this semester OR next - not both!)

A new floo challenge will then be posted as normal in a fortnight
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: January 25, 2017 01:03:27 PM »

Challenge: Floo - Grimauld Place
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Chunky Pussyhat for S.

Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=451376.0
Brief Description: One of my former students requested a pussyhat for the March this past weekend.  Here's the one I hooked up for her!  Here's the secret hidden element....  It's a messy bun version, with a hole in the top for your ponytail or bun.  In order to keep the hole from stretching out over multiple wearings, it has a hair elastic band crocheted into it, with the yarn covering it to help blend in.  You can find the pattern HERE. The yarn is actually 2 yarns crocheted together, Yarn Bee Soft Secret in Rosey, and Red Heart Unforgettable in Petunia.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Flying
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Organizing for the Future!

Brief Description: For my homework I decided to undertake a HUGE project....  Organizing myself to attend the Women's March on Washington this past weekend!  I didn't know that I would have the opportunity to attend until just 6 days before, when a friend-of-a-friend offered Audrey & I a place to stay just a mile from the Capital.  It was amazing just how much work went into me getting ready to drive 700 miles and attend an all day March.  I didn't even own an appropriate coat to wear!  Let alone footwear, food, maps, signs, etc.  (Thankfully Amazon Prime came through in finding me a coat when no one in town carried one in my size!)  I printed out pocket guides to knowing your rights while protesting, maps of the area we'd be in, and lists of safe spaces to stop during the March.  I researched places to stop between Nashville and DC.  I packed on-the-go snacks that could be shared with friends and strangers alike.  I contacted friends who would also be there, but who I wouldn't be with, in order to exchange contact information in the off chance one of us found ourselves arrested or in need of other help.  And finally, I crafted protest signs!   
Project Picture:

It was an insanely amazing weekend, and quite possibly one of the best and most rewarding things I've ever done in my life.  My only regret was that with the tough travel schedule, I wasn't able to meet up with multiple friends who were also there that day, including our own Magpirate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee

Smile!

« Reply #559 on: January 25, 2017 01:45:07 PM »

Few projects to hand in - I do have a few more, but I need to sort the pictures before I can share.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Christmas Stocking
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: Sewing and embroidery has been my go to craft since I learnt to hold a needle at the age of 6 and it is the craft that I feel makes me shine the best. This stocking was made for my partner in the stocking swap. The deer's body was applique and the antlers embroidered.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
Project Name: Sloe Gin
Brief Description: Sloe Gin has to be one of the easiest recipes to follow and it tastes so good. The most time consuming bit is collecting the sloes! And please do be careful when pricking the skins, I ended up with a couple of war wounds. This tastes so good straight up or with a simple mixer like tonic or lemonade.

Ingredients
450g/1lb sloes
225g/8oz caster sugar
1 litre/1 pint gin

Method
Prick the tough skin of the sloes all over with a clean needle and put in a large sterilised jar.
Pour in the sugar and the gin, seal tightly and shake well.
Store in a cool, dark cupboard and shake every other day for a week. Then shake once a week for at least two months.
Strain the sloe gin through muslin into a sterilised bottle.

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Headmistress Challenge - Magical Me
Project Name: Cat's ear hat (I don't feel I can call it a Pussyhat, as it is not in pink!)
Brief Description: I had already started this hat when I saw Mistress Jennie's fantastic Pussyhats. I would never wear pink, so I adapted the pattern I had started to morph said hat into a hat with cat's ears. This one is all mine and I think is the first thing I have actually crocheted for myself!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Headmistress Challenge - Philosopher's Stone
Project Name: Mermaid Tail
Brief Description: I lost track of how many hours I put into this and it is certainly a large piece. However, it was worth every minute, the recipient loved it.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Pride
Project Name: Hufflepuff bookmark
Brief Description: One of my Christmas presents was a whole box full of crochet cottons, so I made a bookmark to practice. Funnily enough the Hufflepuff colours jumped out at me Cheesy
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: November Detention
Project Name: Blue crochet hat
Project Page Link (if available): Pattern can be found here - http://www.mooglyblog.com/ups-and-downs-crochet-slouchy-beanie/
Brief Description: This is the second hat I have made with this wool, which is why I am claiming it as a completed WIP. The first one came out too big for the recipient, so I had to unpick the lot and re-crochet it in a smaller size.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...