A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,896
Currently Running With Scissors:
329 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong Yule Term 2016/2017*~ CLOSED!  (Read 105463 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #520 on: January 16, 2017 05:32:11 AM »

I'm not a huffle, but I'm thinking they won't mind Wink part it for another prompt!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #521 on: January 16, 2017 07:01:30 AM »

Patty_o_furniture, that cake looks scrummy, and your marshies are perfect! I've made them a few times and I know they can be REALLY messy if you're not careful with the temp, LOL! And your Hagrid cards are so cute! Fantastic!

Gaudiknight, Those dresses are sooooo sweet. LOVE that tree fabric! Awesome job on the cards, too.  How lucky to have a Stampin' Up lady at work! Cheesy

Midkiffsjoy, we're Huffles! We're laid back! ^_^ I agree with Noodle; use them for another prompt. Smiley

PS: Huffles, I FINALLY updated our common room, and there's a VERY handsome gentleman (at least in in HIS opinion) dying to see you there.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017 07:33:12 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
noodle-bug

« Reply #522 on: January 16, 2017 08:32:00 AM »

**swoon!**
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jellybean89

(she/her) Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: January 16, 2017 09:08:41 AM »

I haven't been posting, but I have been crafting, so here are some of the things I've been working on: Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
SPEW: Afghan Squares for Pine Ridge Reservation
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Retro Circles Squares
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: For Alchemy class, the craft that lets me shine like the sun is crochet, so I crocheted Retro Circles Squares.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
Project Name: Solid Color Granny Squares
Brief Description: Crocheting is easy for me, so for Apparition class, I crocheted granny squares. My tip is to use an invisible finish when finishing a crochet project. Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Project Name: granny squares with circle centers
Brief Description: For Astronomy, I studied meteor showers and crocheted multiple granny squares with circle centers.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Peony Mandala Square & Fan Dance Square
Brief Description: I don't travel much, but on some of my more recent travels, I picked up a big bag of yarn at a garage sale. I used some of the yarn to crochet squares (Peony Mandala Square and Fan Dance Square) for Afghan Squares for Pine Ridge Reservation.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name: Solid Granny Squares
Brief Description: For Charms class, I crocheted solid granny squares to donate to Afghan Squares for Pine Ridge Reservation.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons: November
SPEW: n/a
Project Name: Fish Mobile
Brief Description: For November Detention, I finished the fish mobile I started last term. I only had the orange fish done, so I had to make five more fish and put the mobile together using fishing line and part of an embroidery hoop.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 16, 2017 09:27:04 AM »

I love your creations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: January 16, 2017 10:04:11 AM »

~*Magical ME Challenge!*~
January 16th - 31st

My dearest fans,
The month of January marks an event I'm sure you've all been awaiting with bated breath, my birthday!  And as a special treat to all of you, I am extending an exclusive invitation!  Please do your very best to craft a little something for Yours Truly, and I will graciously accept the gift. 

And if you include just 10 Galleons, I'll send you back an autographed copy of Magical Me along with one of my signed portraits! 

The Incomparable,
Gilderoy Lockheart
Order of Merlin, Third Class
Honorary Member of the Dark Forces Defense League
Five Time Winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award

Oh dear!  Professor Lockheart is back, and he's giving out extra work.  For this mini-challenge, please craft something for yourself, because let's face it, you totally deserve it!  You may use any medium, and create anything that strikes your fancy, provided there is a place for that item on Craftster's boards.  This challenge closes with the rest of the Yule Term on January 31st.

*Special thanks to Hufflepuff HoH, Moonflame for the suggestion of this mini-challenge.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #526 on: January 16, 2017 01:49:04 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA)
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Red Christmas Skirts for the Girls
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I made skirts for the little girls for Christmas.  Their red ones took tons of ironing due to the ruffle/color band.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeon: December
Project Name: A Ball for the Kids
Brief Description: In the tale of The Princess and the Frog a spoiled princess accidently drops the golden ball she's been playing with down a well and has to make a deal with an enchanted prince, in the guise of a slimy frog, to go get it.  This weekend we went to Barrington Living History Farm and the kids and I had so much fun playing with the period toys that I made them this leather ball, just like the one in the story.  It's stuffed with waste wool from our own sheep.  Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeon: January
Project Name: Blue Christmas Skirts for the Girls
Brief Description: The girls each picked out two fabrics for their Christmas skirts.  I didn't finish these until January.  Oops.  They were a wip.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Floo Powder: Grimmauld Place
Project Name: A Valentine Coaster
Brief Description: I got a new stamp and had to try it out, so after some practice I stamped this coaster.  These coaster blanks are new from a different source and they seem to dry out after being cased awfully fast and are slick.  I had a harder time controlling my stamp than I have on other leather.  After stamping the coaster and leaving it overnight to dry, I colored it red and put a coat of spray glitter on it to make it sparkle. Bet you didn't notice the stamp is shaped like an I beam, not a heart.  Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic (HoM)
Project Name: A Case for AnnoyingLittleBrother
Brief Description: AnnoyingLittleBrother always carries a flashlight, and he's old enough to have his own pocket knife and stop borrowing his Nanna's, so I made him this case with stamps he picked out.  The secret mean being, "Stop losing your flashlight, and stop borrowing other people's pocket knife."
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Philosopher's Stone Challenge
Project Name: Socks for Fred
Brief Description: All my life I've always wanted to knit my family socks.  Because of Fred's prodding I learned how to knit tube socks in the round.  I finally knitted him a pair of jewel tone socks, but he wanted knee socks, almost stockings, and they took FOREVER to knit.  So much longer than 8 hours.  And they're HUGE.  So much bigger than 3x3.  Knitting socks will attain me a kind of short term immortality because it's something that my family will remember about me and will be included in the stories my grandchildren tell their children.  I know this because I let my children play with the doll blanket my Granny knit me and proudly remind them, "GRANNY made this!!!!"
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #527 on: January 16, 2017 01:52:31 PM »

Many semesters ago Noodle bug said to someone else, "Do whatever craft you're going to do anyway and then find a project to turn it in for." End misquote.  That has often rang in my mind.  Rofl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
noodle-bug

« Reply #528 on: January 16, 2017 03:06:03 PM »

... And years of training in the HPC with that motto had lead to my being crowned as Queen of Weirdo Prompt Interpretations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 16, 2017 03:14:03 PM »

Challenge: na
Spew: UAMS CancerCenter
House: Slytherin
Project name: hat for cancer number 6
Project description: Finished a weekly hat for the cancer center and made a repeat of the purple stripe hat. Because I had enough yarn left over to do it. Super loving. This free time craft. Im a bit ahead of myself already in my goals though. Not even three weeks into the new year and I have six hats. Maybe my goal should be two hats a week instead of one? Lol. I'll keep it at one...anything else is just frosting. Smiley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...