A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
198 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong Yule Term 2016/2017*~ CLOSED!  (Read 91442 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
IsikkahJai
« Reply #460 on: January 07, 2017 09:16:36 AM »

Ant Bee your star wrap is just fabulous! Perfect for a crafty mama who crafts pretty babies Wink And I bought a thing of the Caron Cakes Funfetti for a scarf/ mitten set. I'm glad to see how it looks in a completed project because it gives me even more motivation to work with it! It's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 07, 2017 11:26:04 AM »

Class: DADA
Spew: UAMS Cancer Center
House: Slytherin
Project Name: hat for cancer #1
Project description: I'm on another hat making kick and am donating all that I make to the cancer center for patients who need hats due to hair loss or just to keep those ears warm after treatment.
Bringing a little light into their lives and some warmth to their heads.
There are two hats in this picture I am turning in one now and the other with a different class. Just making sure that identical hats are shown together.

Challenge: detention --January
Project name: hat for cancer #2
Project description: another hat for a cancer patient. These are always on my to do list and I don't always get to them with my other projects. Meant to do some before Christmas. I guess after and right with the first snow is close enough.
Same picture as above but second hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 07, 2017 11:35:49 AM »

Class: na
Project name: hats for cancer #3
Project description: for spew. Another hat for cancer patients.
A green and brown split.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 07, 2017 07:35:13 PM »

Announcement from the Slytherin Head of House!!!!!!

Slytherin house is proud to be hosting a Valentine Card Exchange again this year!

If you would like to sign up to get and send Valentine's to fellow HPCers please PM me, ErinAquaheart, by January 24th. I will PM a mailing list on January 25th!

Give and get some love. Slytherin House doing what it can to bring the fun.

*announcement brought to you by ErinAquarheart and all of Slytherin*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai
« Reply #464 on: January 09, 2017 06:27:35 AM »

awwwww  Cheesy Valentine cards!! Will have to prep some cards then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 09, 2017 07:23:53 AM »

Class: na
Spew: UAMS Cancer center
Project name: golden hat for cancer (hat #4)
Project description: another hat for cancer patients. This one in an orangish gold color. Reminds me of carrot soup. It's really pretty!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #466 on: January 09, 2017 01:21:56 PM »

Challenge: Detention - November + SPEW
SPEW: Friends of Pine Ridge Reservation
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Clairmont Hat

Pattern Link: Hickory Bark Hat from Elk Studio
Brief Description: Each year I think of things I want to make my husband for Christmas, and each year I have every intention of making them.  Usually in the panic of the holiday season, his project gets put aside, so I can finish items for our families.  This year I started VERY early, back in August.  I started the hat, but wasn't happy with the way the gradient of the yarn was playing out, so I frogged it, then put it aside and started the scarf (below).  Of course the holidays got intense, and it got put aside.  In the mean time, dear friends of ours gave us each wool tartan scarves they bought for us in Scotland on a recent trip.  The scarf they picked for Jim matches his coat much better than this yarn, so I was even less inclined to pick the project back up.  But as I've been recovering this week, I decided to pull them both out and finish them for the Friends of Pine Ridge Reservation.  Now this can keep someone in need warm this winter.  Smiley  The pattern is a free one from Elk Studio (link above), and is a great pattern for men.  It has lots of texture, but isn't girlie at all.  The yarn is Lion Brand Scarfie, in the color Oxford Claret.  (For anyone wondering why I named it Clairmont, it's a reference to Matthew Clairmont in the Discovery of Witches novels by Deb Harkness.)
Project Picture:

Challenge: Detention - January + SPEW
Project Name: Clairmont Scarf
Pattern Link: Everybody Scarf from Fiber Flux
Brief Description: Begun back in August, after frogging the hat back, and restarting.  One skein of Scarfie yarn was just enough to do the hat, and this skinny but snuggly scarf.  The pattern is the free Everybody Scarf from the blog Fiber Flux (linked above).
Project Picture:

Challenge: Trees - Garland +SPEW
Project Name: Mountain Range Hat
Pattern Link: Hickory Bark Hat from Elk Studio
Brief Description: This hat is inspired by the wintery world around ME, which admittedly isn't very wintery at all.  We got 1.5" of snow last week, which is nearly gone now.  Nearly everywhere you look there are the browns and coppers of dead grasses and plants, and the burgundy of fallen leaves in yards  The sky is a deep gloaming blue purple in the afternoons, making you want to stay inside where it's light and bright.  I love that while this is the exact same hat pattern as above, the look is completely different with the use of a multicolor yarn,  which really highlights the textures in the stitching.  The yarn is Lion Brand Landscapes in the color Mountain Range.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #467 on: January 09, 2017 04:16:02 PM »

Ant Bee your star wrap is just fabulous! Perfect for a crafty mama who crafts pretty babies Wink And I bought a thing of the Caron Cakes Funfetti for a scarf/ mitten set. I'm glad to see how it looks in a completed project because it gives me even more motivation to work with it! It's beautiful!

Thank you! I love looking at those "cakes" on the shelves in the store, don't you? Enjoy your crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #468 on: January 09, 2017 07:02:34 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Hagrid's Trees: Icicle
Project Name: Chick pea Shepherd's pie
Brief Description: This recipe has several stages where something must be kept at a certain temp for a specified period of time, not the least of which is the end step where we bake the ramekins for 15-20 minutes in a 425 degree (F) oven.  The Husband and I are embracing more plant based dinners (well, "embracing" might be strong. When I asked him how he liked this and would it be invited into our dinner rotations he replied: "It's ok... would be better with some beef in it, tho." Emm.... yeah, kinda missing the point of "Meatless Monday" there, fella...)

The full recipe is here: http://www.veganricha.com/2016/10/vegan-shepherds-pie-chickpeas-sweet-potato.html

Project Picture:

This is the prepared veggies waiting for the mashed potato topping and bread crumbs.

And here they are all browned up after baking. I used red potatoes instead of sweet because that's what I had in the cupboard. I haven't been to the market in over a week. I usually go on Mondays but there was a snow storm and it was just too uncomfortably cold for me to motivate my butt to go out. So... Pantry Surprise it was. It came out decent, actually. I would make it again. For all his missing the beef the hubby did eat his whole cauldron full,  so I'm taking it as a success.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

« Reply #469 on: January 10, 2017 03:42:32 AM »

I wasn't so much interested in the recipe as your sense of humor in your writing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

Too blessed to be stressed! Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...