A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong Yule Term 2016/2017*~ CLOSED!  (Read 105613 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #450 on: January 04, 2017 10:27:12 AM »

What a fab way to recover! Xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
excelsior
« Reply #451 on: January 04, 2017 09:48:46 PM »

Mistress Jennie, that coloring page is very popular! Here is my version which I colored in 2015. I love the blues and purples in the skirt of your version.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #452 on: January 05, 2017 05:03:46 AM »

Deputy head Noodle casts the homunculus charm - we're 'ere because we're 'ere because we're 'ere because we're 'ere
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: January 05, 2017 05:39:18 AM »

excelsior, I love how we both took different approaches color wise, but we both decided she was a red head!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: January 05, 2017 05:51:59 AM »

Reminder from the Headmistress....

Hagrid's 12 Christmas Trees Challenge closes on January 15th, 10 days from now!  Be sure to keep an eye on the start and end date of various challenges, so that you don't miss out on any House Points.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #455 on: January 05, 2017 10:46:48 AM »

Oh my goodness! Looking through all of these projects made me realize just how much I missed being in this craft along!
I must return - Hogwarts is my home!

Here are a few things Ive completed, in alphabetical order.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
SPEW: n/a
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Butterfly Fingerless Gloves
Project Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/suzies-butterfly-mitts
Brief Description: Double crochet is one of the easiest techniques in crocheting. These gloves are mostly double crochet with (even easier) single crochet and chain stitch. Such a breeze! I whipped up this pair for my youngest daughter the night before Christmas.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
SPEW:
Project Name: Cranberry Honey Kombucha
Project Link: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/108930884716460749/
Brief Description: You cant tell yet, but in the bottle this kombuch is red. As well, I created this as a healthful and fun drink for my family. We dont drink soda (way too much sugar!) but it is fun to have a fizzy drink that the kids enjoy. As well, it has all the health benefits of tea and cranberry, as well as fantastic probiotics to help keep our family healthy.

The link is just how to start your kombucha if you dont already have one going. To do the second ferment, just add 2 Tbsp of honey to each bottle and about an inch of unsweetened organic cranberry juice (I got ours from Trader Joes) before filling the bottle till half way up the neck with your kombucha base.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Project Name: Vanilla Apple Rum Butter
Project Link: http://www.allfourburners.com/2012/10/12/slow-cooker-vanilla-rum-apple-butter/
Brief Description: LOOOOOOONNNNGGGG hours of heat are needed to make this delicious butter and a crock pot is just the ticket! Another delicious heat is added when the rum is put in and it gives a tasty and warming feel to your tummy and cheeks! (Do NOT give to kids!)
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Elderberry Lavender Kombucha
Project Link: https://zerowastechef.com/2015/07/21/secondary-fermentation-flavors/
Brief Description: This is definitely associated with tea because its made from it! Tea itself is healthful and enjoyable. It is a drink you have to enjoy and drink slowly - it is not to be chugged! This kombucha is much like that; you cannot make it quickly and just have it right then. The first takes at least a week for the first fermentation (or longer in cold weather!) and the second fermentation takes 3 to 5 more days. It is a slow process giving you much time for contemplation.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Into the Wardrobe!
Project Link: out of my brain!
Brief Description: My family and I just adore C.S. Lewis Chronicles of Narnia. In particular, the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. For Christmas gifts of other like-minded friends and family I made several miniatures of the wardrobe/lamp post scene that can be used as holiday decorations. The wardrobe doors open and then you turn it to see the lamp post in Narnia, including feet prints and Mr. Tumnuss dropped packages at the sight of Lucy.
The wardrobe has an opening and a hidden element taking you to Narnia.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Project Name: waste not want not Bone Broth
Project Link: http://www.thefilledlantern.com/bone-broth-make-it-can-it-use-it/
Brief Description: Now that I have my pressure canner, I can safely can bone broth. Every year, millions of turkey carcasses go to waste after Christmas/Thanksgiving by just being dumped in the trash! Instead we use that free, delicious, nutritiousness and can our bone broth for future soups, stews, and broths to cook rice in. Yum!!!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

« Reply #456 on: January 05, 2017 12:21:51 PM »

I love that narnia wardrobe..and midkiffsjoy, I adore that lama fabric.

so many gorgeous things. I have stuff to post, but my internet is stupid. 2-fecking-mg if I am lucky. Fingers crossed I will get some stuff posted before the end of the term.

In the meantime a PSA if you are gluten free, vegan or dieting. A good brownie recipe.
I tried it today, not the very best brownies i have ever eaten, but still damn good. And only 120calories each (1/12, the recipe isn't too clear on that) I used 70% cocoa solids chocolate, and it might have been a little bitter, so maybe regular chocolate or up to about 50% if you are using the good stuff.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #457 on: January 05, 2017 08:25:19 PM »

I am having HELL posting this tonight.  Let's try again.....  *headesk*

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Tree Challenge Series: Bells
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Basket weave Coaster
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I tooled a basket weave pattern onto this coaster.  I edged it with a beveled tool, and then the decorative edge with a camouflage tool, became I don't have a mule foot tool. 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Tree Challenge Series: Candles
Project Name: Fred's Coaster
Brief Description: On this coaster I used the initial stamps for the first time.  I also used the pear shaped shader for the first time.  I edged it with a beveler, and then did putter edge with the camouflage tool (because I was scared of trying something different and screwing it up).
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Tree Challenge Series: Fake Snow
Project Name: AnnoyingLittleBrother's Bracelet
Brief Description: I tooled this bracelet for AnnoyingLittleBrother using a purchased bracelet blank.  The pattern is made by offsetting a basket weave tool.  It's tricky.  There was just enough room to do an edge with a beveler.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Tree Challenge Series: Garland
Project Name: Christmas Tree Ornament
Brief Description: This is another one of those patterns that would have been much easier if I had a mule foot tool.  Instead I used a veiner.  I used three tools for this ornament, a veiner, a seeder, and a star stamp.  It was all done free hand, except for the edge where I did draw out a border guide.  Because I cut this coaster from bulk leather, instead of using a coaster blank, I beveled the edge myself.  I need a beveler.  Rofl  It's inspired by the pine and cedar trees that are the only green in the pastures during Winter. 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Tree Challenge Series: Tree Skirt
Project Name: Carved Leather Coaster
Brief Description: For this project I made a carved leather coaster.  Carving leather is completely different than stamping out a pattern.  It's completely nerve wracking.  I transferred the pattern onto the leather, carved the pattern out line with a quick carve knife, then worked the pattern with all of my tools.  I need more tools.  The mule foot tool should come with the standard set.  It's called for on all the patterns.  We've ordered one, but it hasn't gotten here yet.  This coaster scared me so much I had to take recovery time and knit.  Lol
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: January 06, 2017 06:30:00 AM »

Midkiffsjoy those coasters are amazing. I especially like the carved one. Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #459 on: January 06, 2017 05:44:27 PM »

I agree, those coasters are great! And I love that wee Narnia, too! 

I hope you are feeling better, HeadMistress! I'm pleased to know the shawl is proving useful. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Ribbon
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Star baby-wearing blanket
Brief Description: "...How it draws things or people together..." I took this prompt literally. (haha!) My friend is expecting her second child and has a home business of crafting things and selling them in booths at various events throughout the year. During some of the upcoming shows she will no doubt be carrying her baby in a wrap or sling and this blanket is made to go around both of them and button in the back. (This allows both to be warm seeing as the mom won't be able to button up her coat.) I used a pattern from Pinterest (https://woolpickle.wordpress.com/2014/12/31/rainbow-babywearing-blanket/) and the yarn is 2 Caron Cakes in "Funfetti" (That's about 700meters of yarn or 750 ish yards.) I really loved the Caron Cakes in the shop and am pretty pleased with how this came out, however, I think I have worked the need to play with the cakes out of my system. I love how they look on the shelf, but in use I don't love how abrupt the color changes are. If you look closely you can see where it goes a little wonky and I was really tempted to frog back to give the star colors sharp edges. But I didn't, bc that's the point of this yarn.
Project Picture:

The wingspan of the "arms" of the star is just over 3 1/2 feet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...