A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,895
Currently Running With Scissors:
324 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong Yule Term 2016/2017*~ CLOSED!  (Read 105468 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: January 01, 2017 12:59:01 PM »

Happy New Year Ant Bee, and everyone in the HPC!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: January 01, 2017 01:59:43 PM »

A new Detention prompt, and a new Headmistress Challenge have been posted....  Can you complete Dumbledore's Detention AND create the Philosopher's Stone this month?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017 03:16:57 PM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AnnoyingBigSister

EEVEE FOREVER!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 01, 2017 10:14:13 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Hagrid's Trees-Lights
House:Hufflepuff
Project Name:A Flareon for Kataria
Brief Description: One of my best friends is named Kataria, and she's AWESOME!! She loves most of the same things I do, including Pokemon! So I made her a little Flareon out of clay, which I know she'll love. (We actually met because she fangirled over my Eeveelution shirt XD)
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2017 10:15:24 PM by AnnoyingBigSister » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #433 on: January 02, 2017 08:02:05 AM »

Happy New Year all!!  Cheesy

Sorry for the delay in posting, but the December Iron Chef Hogwarts Challenge is CLOSED. Thanks to FiberAlchemist for her COFFEE entry! Since I seem to miss someone every month lately, PLEASE let me know if I overlooked your entry!!

The secret ingredient for January is....

SPARKLING WINE!

Celebrate the new year with a Vanilla Sparkling Wine Pound Cake, or cheers it up with this Sparkling Pomegranate Punch, or even sparkle up dinner with Chicken with Fresh Peas and Sparkling Wine!*

*Sparkling grape juice, cider, or any other "sparkling" drink can be substituted. Grin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017 08:03:29 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #434 on: January 02, 2017 09:07:44 AM »

I have some post-holiday (and holiday break) crafts to post!!! Woohoo!

Challenge: Hagrid's 12 Christmas Trees: Angel
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Dad's Sign
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: I made this sign for my dad, who I definitely consider my personal "guardian angel." He liked it! Cheesy
Project Picture:

Challenge: Hagrid's 12 Christmas Trees: Lights
Project Name: Homemade Limoncello
Project Page Link: I used this recipe.
Brief Description: Inspired by Mistress Jennie's awesome limoncello xmas gifts, I decided to make a batch of my own for all the Aunts and Uncles on my list. Everyone I gave a bottle to certainly "lit" up with joy. Smiley
Project Picture:

Challenge: Hagrid's 12 Christmas Trees: Icicles
Project Name: Rolled Holiday Sugar Cookies
Project Page Link: Recipe
Brief Description: Every year at xmas time, kiddo and I make sugar cookies. This year, I tried a new recipe, and they came out great! The kitchen aid sure got a lot of use this past December!
Project Picture:

Challenge: Hagrid's 12 Christmas Trees: Fake Snow
Project Name: Mandala Tote Bags
Brief Description: For these bags, I started with purchased bags from the craft store. On each one, I drew a different Mandala with a fabric marker.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Hagrid's 12 Christmas Trees: Candles
Project Name: Kiddo Ornaments
Brief Description: Each year, I make tree ornaments that feature my son in some way. Each grandparent receives one and always say how much they love seeing what the year's ornament will be. They always have a happy glow when they open it. This year's ornament featured kiddo's pink hair and love of Pokemon.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Hagrid's 12 Christmas Trees: Baubles
Project Name: Tea-dyed and painted coil rope bowl
Brief Description: Made for one of my favorite aunts, this bowl is cotton clothesline stitched into a bowl, tea-dyed and then painted mandala style. Inspired by Alisa Burke's online fabric bowl class, this craft reflects my own likes and developing style, but was given away with love. Smiley
Project Picture:

Challenge: Hagrid's 12 Christmas Trees: Bells
Project Name: Fabric wrapped coil rope bowls
Brief Description: Using some pretty awesome fabrics from my stash, I made several smaller rope bowls as gifts as well. The fabric makes these bowls fun to look at, and the stitching and coils make them fun to touch and feel. There is a second tea-dyed bowl thrown in this pic as well - bonus, the cotton clothesline in the tea-dyed bowls smelled like a big, warm sweater. Wink
Project Picture:

AND...dun, dun, dun......FINALLY, I present my completed NEWT:

****COMPLETED NEWT****
NEWT Subject: Arithmancy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Quilting by Numbers
Brief Description: The final dimensions for this quilt are (roughly) 72" x 42". Not quite by originally proposed calculations, but it will do. I also altered the 9-patch pattern to something that suited my available material, current quilting ability, and patience level. I went with a "strip" design, alternating t-shirt squares and navy blue fabric. Lots of measuring and calculating ensured that even though I changed the plan as I went, the project still came out (relatively) quilt-shaped. A yellow binding around the whole thing finished it off.
Project Pictures:

Close up just because:

Kiddo loves it.

Now to contemplate my next NEWT....and work on that darn OWL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 02, 2017 11:15:37 AM »

OMG!  My favs are the sign for your dad, the quilt, and the mandala bags!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: January 02, 2017 03:23:13 PM »

Abbeeroad, I feel like such a lazy girl.  I had a recipe all picked out, and I had even pulled out all the ingredients to make Espresso Pumpkin Muffins Saturday morning.  I was all 'yeah, I'll totally get this one in at the last minute!'.  Then I discovered I didn't have eggs, and was unwilling to go to the store on NYE.  I might make them anyways tomorrow morning, since the ingredients are still out, sitting on my counter.

And you've been busy!  I love the mandala bags, the tiny limoncellos and the awesome bowls.  AND you finished a quilt!  Way to go starting off the New Year like a boss!

Meanwhile, I just came back from the doctor's office.  My little cold from before Christmas has turned into pneumonia.   Tongue Tongue Tongue  I guess I'm going to try to spend some serious time on the couch this week, doing nothing more strenuous than crocheting and watching Netflix.  I guess there's a bright side to everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai
« Reply #437 on: January 02, 2017 04:28:21 PM »

Get well soon Mistress J :< I swear I was getting pneumonia this last week since I was hacking my lungs out. I will be sending healing vibes on the wind! Abbee and AnnoyingBigSister, your projects ROCK!!  Shocked And an Extra gratz to Abbee for completing a newt! It's lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #438 on: January 02, 2017 09:50:12 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures ( CoMC )
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: 2 Custom Orifice Hooks
Brief Description: The spinning wheel I've been working on has a very small orifice.  A standard orifice hook just won't fit, so I made two custom orifice hooks to use with it.  I made two because orifice hooks are one of those things fairies love to walk off with so when one gets misplaced there's a second so the lady can keep spinning.  Smiley  I made them from two vintage spoons I found on a thrift jaunt in a local town.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination Class
Project Name: Spinning Wheel Brought Back to Life
Brief Description: Last January a friend asked me to take a look at a friend's spinning wheel.  I told her no, because I KNEW I would not be able to get it done in a timely manner because the farm keeps me too busy.  Then she asked again.  And again. And again and again and again and again and again until she wore me down and I said I'd look at it just to get her to stop asking me.  The nice lady the wheel belonged to said if I fixed her wheel, she had a second wheel that I could have to fix up for my friend's daughter, and since I owe my friend a huge debt I brought all the pieces home to get working on it.  Which I managed to do in small sleep deprived bursts over the past year.  Well, I finally managed to get it finished.  I'd never touched a double drive spinning wheel before.  I'm in love.  Her antique wheel, with its tiny lace orifice, makes my professionally built, single drive, spinning wheel look like a piece of garbage.  No screws to work out while spinning.  No screw to come loose and let the treddle bar flop off.  Just nice, smooth, gentle spinning with a muted, rythmic clack.  Like knitting needles, or loom heddles.  Music. 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Floo Powder: Tree House
Project Name: Project Bag
Brief Description: Project bags are AWESOME!!!!  They are perfect for throwing yarn, toys, or what not into and taking off, all independent like, into the great wide world!!!!  I sewed this project bag for a friend of a friend's daughter who likes bright colors to go along with the spinning wheel I just rebuilt for her.  It has brightly colored Llamas in hats.  It holds a TON of roving, bats, misc fiber, with an inside pocket to hold bits and bobs, and a boxed bottom so it stands up on its own.  My FIRST ever project bag!!!!! Smiley
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #439 on: January 03, 2017 05:16:13 AM »

I love the fabrics yoh choose for the project bag!

Ok - so I realise that they'd a new flip challenge due today, but I'm going to hang fire for an extra week I think - since it's been the holidays it'll give everyone a chance to catch up, post work, finish bits off etc. So I'll post a new challenge next Tuesday instead Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...