A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
172 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong Yule Term 2016/2017*~ CLOSED!  (Read 91433 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #420 on: December 30, 2016 03:37:54 AM »

Class: arithmancy
House: ravenclaw
Project: Tommy's blanket
Like most crafters, my annual ambition is to have everything done by Christmas! I've way I'd doing this is to prioritise gifts for people you will be seeing earlier in the day, and then finishing up gifts for later people whilst you chat with the early birds (I realise that a better way would be to start a month earlier than I do...).
We weren't actually seeing my niece's family until the 27th so I finished this up on the evening if boxing day whilst waiting for my dad to decide on his next move for our board game! And Christmas was all finished "on time"

Class: divination
Project: honeycomb slip stitch blanket square
From a left over bout in my stash... I realised after I'd finished that I've actually already does a square in this stitch but it doesn't matter really I guess Cheesy

Challenge: house pride
Project: Kev's Hat
We don't really do birthday presents at work, but much to my surprise Kev went out and found me vegan chocolate for mine the other day! How sweet of him! So I wiped him up a quick hat for his birthday tomorrow..  Let's hope he likes giant pompoms!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016 03:58:58 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #421 on: December 30, 2016 06:33:54 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Pride
SPEW: n/a
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Molly's Slytherin Scarf Ornament
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: I had seen this ornament idea somewhere on Pinterest and thought I'd do it for the HP Holiday Swap. I used this Crochet Pattern, but as Molly is using knitting needles I adjusted the pattern for knitting so I could keep the needles in the project. This is a Slytherin scarf in the making for Ant Bee.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
Project Name: Molly's House Scarf Ornament #2
Brief Description: This is another scarf I made for Ant Bee, this time for her Hufflepuff hubby. Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2016 08:56:50 AM »

We love these ornaments! They look great on my tree. I meant to ask you, what did you use for the knitting needles? They're the perfect size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #423 on: December 30, 2016 09:17:06 AM »

Glad they look good on the tree, Ant Bee! I've yet to make some for us next year. For the needles I used wooden BBQ skewers ... I actually knitted the scarves with them, but they got a bit rough and I should have used some wax on the tips as suggested by one of my friends. Then I just cut them to size and glued one of those fancy perler beads at the end.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 30, 2016 10:47:39 AM »

Challenge: headmistress--Post Owl
Project Name: Christmas Cards 2016
Project description: here are the cards I made for the Christmas card exchange this year. I made 13 cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #425 on: December 30, 2016 12:25:21 PM »

I've been wanting to join back up for a while, but the Chrismtas season has kept me far too busy, as well as my toddler and 6 month old.  But, I finally have a spare moment to join in on the fun!  So, please excuse the project dump that is about to happen!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Lavendar Sugar Scrubs
Brief Description:  I made a bunch of lavendar sugar scrubs as presents for family memeber's this year for Christmas.  They are a great little beauty item and makes your skin so soft and smooth after you use it in the shower.  Plus, they are so easy to make!  Just throw all the ingredients into a bow and stir!  Boom!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defence Against the Dark Arts
Project Name: Beef Jerky
Brief Description:  I made SO MUCH jerky this year for Christmas presents.  So much!  But they are such fun and yummy gifts, and guy friendly, too!  To make, you thinly slice your meat (I like to use London Broils because its lean and the perfect size for slicing, I think).  It also helps if your meat is partially frozen when you cut it into strips.  Then you marinate your meat overnight.  I did two kinds of jerky.  One that was my normal recipe and another that was low sodium and gluten free.  I like the low sodium and gluten free batch the best, myself, and I think I will just be making only that kind in the future.  After you marinate, you put onto your dehydrator for 5ish hours, turning once in between.  I sealed mine in 14oz portions into seal-a-meal bags after they were completely cool so they would last longer. 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Mermaid Babies!
Brief Description:  This year I transformed my toddler and baby into mermaids (with some help from my mom, who did a little surging for me).  Toddler bean's costume consisted of a felt sea-shell bra, a skirt mermaid tail, and some starfish hairclips.  Baby bean's costume was leggings, an appliqued shirt, and headband.  I think they looked pretty cute!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Hagrids 12 Trees Challenge - Star
Project Name: Paw Patrol Shoes
Brief Description:  So I think that one of the crafts I exceed at the most is painting shoes.  I did this pair for a mom friend for her son's Christmas present.  Paw Patrol is definitely popular amongst the toddlers!
Project Picture:

More to come a little later!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I'm so crafty, I make babies!  Baby Bean 2.0 born 6/1/16
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: December 31, 2016 01:44:34 PM »

Now that all of my swaps are completed it's time for the end of the year project dump...

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
SPEW: N/A
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pecan Pie
Brief Description: Baking has always come easily to me and sometimes it surprises me how simple some things that seem complicated can be.  I think pecan pie is a good example of this.  All you do is mix everything and dump it in the crust!  Easy Peasy!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Project Name: Christmas Earrings
Brief Description: For my partner in the Mini 12 Days of Christmas Swap I made two set of Christmas themed earrings.  One pair is Christmas trees and the other pair are clusters of Christmas lights.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts & Iron Hogwarts - Coffee
Project Name: Mocha Chip Cookies
Brief Description: Hoping to impress this years DADA professor I used my fire summoning charm to bake cookies.  You must apply head to the dough for the exact right amount of time for cookies that are crisp on the edges and chewy in the middle. To make these cookies mocha flavored take your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe (I use the one on the back of the bag) and add 4 TBSP of coffee liquor, 3TBSP instant coffee crystals and 1TBSP finely ground coffee beans.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Plush Brontosaurus
Brief Description: When I found out my 12 Days of Christmas Swap partners son loves dinosaurs I knew I had to make him a dino plush.  After searching around online I found a pattern on Etsy called Sam the Dinosaur and was able to sew him up using fleece I already had in my stash leftover from another project.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Headmistress Challenge - December
Project Name: Plush Phoenixes
Brief Description: This year I packed up and sent baby phoenixes to each of my HP Holiday Swap partners.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: 12 Christmas Trees Challenge - Star
Project Name: Hermiones Christmas Socks
Brief Description: I used the Hermione's Everyday Sock pattern in Christmas colored yarn to make my 12 Days of Christmas Swap partner a cozy pair of socks.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: 12 Christmas Trees Challenge - Garland
Project Name: Pine Wreath
Brief Description: Where I like there are many evergreen trees, so I took inspiration from outside my window to create this wreath with added (faux) evergreen branches.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: 12 Christmas Trees Challenge - Bells
Project Name: GingerWookies
Brief Description: These cookies appeal to multiple senses at once.  First they look pretty darn cute, second they have a lovely aroma, and third they are delicious - spicy and sweet at the same time.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Slytherin Pride

« Reply #427 on: December 31, 2016 06:03:47 PM »

Class/challenge: head mistress challenge december: post owl
Project: illustrated Christmas cards
Each year I try to hand illustrate my Christmas cards. This year I didn't get very far but I got far enough to turn some in for this prompt 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #428 on: December 31, 2016 09:40:27 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Headmistress Challenge: Post Owl Challenge
Project Name: Socks for my BFF
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.bhg.com/crafts/knitting/kidswear/two-knock-out-socks-you-can-knit/
Brief Description: I knitted these socks for my bff.  I have to mail them to her because she lives in San Antonio.  I concede that I have not been using "sock yarn", but whatever yarn we have on hand or catches our fancy.  These socks were a hateful nightmare that thwarted me at every turn.  I still finished them with no mistakes  (that I know of).
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016 09:44:42 PM by midkiffsjoy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #429 on: January 01, 2017 11:37:03 AM »

Happy new year, fellow HPCers!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...