A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
112 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitted Knockers Knitalong for Breast Cancer survivors!  (Read 6941 times)
Tags for this thread: breast_cancer_awareness , prosthetic  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016 06:37:41 PM »

Could you take a shot next to something that we might all have?  Like a regular dinner plate or your hand?  I am very upset that I do not know what a breast would be like...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016 11:23:23 AM »

Will do!

In the mean time, here's what I've got so far; B cups on the left, C cups on the right and center.  (Ironically, I cleared all the mugs and notebooks off the table to take the shot!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmouse01
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016 07:45:07 PM »

I've added this to my to-do list.  I know they say you can knit them in any color, but I really wonder if someone would want green? Cheesy  I do have some white and pink DK cottons that are soft and lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016 09:22:03 AM »

Green may not be for every woman, but I think some women would feel like it was just peppy and fun enough to lift their spirits, like a secret next to their heart.  Some women might appreciate the practicality of being able to spot the bewb in the laundry hamper.  And all will appreciate something soft, comfortable, and made with good wishes.  If green is what you've got - go for it!  (Altho' white and pink are quite nice, too.)

Here's a couple of shots of the C and B cups I've been making, with a tape measure for scale.

Here's the stuffed C cup.  Looks like 3-4" deep, and pretty close to the suggest 6" across:

And here's the unstuffed C and the B cups next to each other.  

(I mistakenly stopped one row short on the first C I made, and kept the rest the same, for consistency.  The Cs are 99 stitches around at their widest point, on the purl rounds.  The Bs are 90 stitches at their widest point.  Doesn't seem like much of a difference, but it is measurable!)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016 09:24:39 AM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016 09:39:16 AM »

Thanks, yofi...I think I am ok now!  I tested my gauge and found that I am getting 5 stitches per inch so I reduced my rounds on the first pair to get a C and next pair, I will go to size 3 needles...I must be knitting these too loose...

I have a nice mocha color that I want to do...and a soft brown as well...it is great that we are doing this during Cancer Awareness Month...

cmouse!!!  Any color would be welcomed, I am sure...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016 06:42:13 AM »

D'oh!  Having to frog back a few rows.  I kept putting down and picking up the knitting last.ight, and on the second purl row started knitting backwards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brynnolan
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016 10:00:03 PM »

I have a few of these is started! I will join in a bit, and tomorrow I'll post pics of what I have so far 😊
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016 10:35:39 AM »

Yay!  And welcome!

We're in the midst of a major fundraiser at work, but I've started the pink yarn and should have at least one by the weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016 09:53:44 AM »

These are kind of addictive....  I've got a couple of other projects nearing a deadline, and REALLY should be cleaning the house and garden.

But I keep picking up the #4 needles....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2016 01:25:57 PM »

I am drawn to this project but I'm also strapped for cash. I have some brown Lily Sugar & Cream cotton yarn. Would that be too rough for this project? Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...