A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
329 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super-Fun 3-Month Swap (CLOSED, Month 3 MAIL BY 10/20 - New Partners on Pg. 1)  (Read 17999 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sleepywalkin
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005 11:13:26 AM »

*thinking of joining* am I reading it right that its one large item and 2 small each month to a different person each month?

i believe you are correct.  of course "large" doesn't have to be size-wise, just more time consuming.  as i understand it. 

oh, and now you have to join.  once you express interest, they'll pull you in  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - oscar wilde
pibbgirl
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005 11:23:26 AM »

It sounds fun.  The only reason I am hesitating is that every 'longer' swap I have joined has kind of fizzled and been a pain to get finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sleepywalkin
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005 11:32:53 AM »

oh i wasn't aware of that.  i'm a swap beginner.  this one seems like it'll be good, though.  and it's not toooo long.  we'll see i guess!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

icrispyi

Trying to build swap karma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005 11:42:47 AM »

toooo many good swaps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gotta build good swap karma!

My Crafter-Stalker Cheat Sheet:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/cmhkorn/319720.html
megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005 11:50:16 AM »

icrispyi - yes, as sleepywalkin said "large" can totally just mean more time. however, it could also mean more kick ass. if there's something you can make quickly and on the cheap, but people gawk at it and declare you a crafty goddess - I'm all for that qualifying too. Cheesy

furthermore, I vow as your fearless organizer to make sure that this swap does not suck or become unfun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005 04:53:40 AM »

we're up to 9, keep the sign ups a-comin'! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005 10:22:32 AM »

Yays!!! I joined. This is my first swap. I aways wanted to try something like this but never found the outlet. Non of my friends are very crafty. When do we start !!!  `(^_^)`
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pmpknpunk
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005 10:54:17 AM »

I'm thinking about joining. I've never done a swap before but it seems like it would be fun...i can ship for free from work, which would be a plus...but i would be scared my crafts would disappoint someone. What to do?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005 11:15:32 AM »

pmpknpunk, don't worry about it!   Out of all the swaps I've done the only time I've ever been disappointed is when someone flaked.   I used to worry about that as well, but people always seem to like what I send.   Even if I don't think it's that great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sleepywalkin
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005 11:18:36 AM »

I'm thinking about joining. I've never done a swap before but it seems like it would be fun...i can ship for free from work, which would be a plus...but i would be scared my crafts would disappoint someone. What to do?!

i posted about this too on another board - being afraid that your stuff won't compare to what others make.  the general opinion though is that everyone will be happy with the effort you put into things.  and usually everyone does much better than what they give themselves credit for.  i just did my first swap and i'm worried that my partner won't like her stuff, but everyone understands that we're all at different levels of crafting.  and there's no way to get better if you don't just jump in and do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...