A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 315,368
Currently Running With Scissors:
286 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Fall Nerd Battles: September 1 - November 30, 2016 ~*Join Anytime*~  (Read 31300 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , geekery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2016 04:24:34 PM »

Ooo, leatherwork! Very cool!

Research Project Name: costume
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points: Community, brainpower, epic
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=450699.0
Brief Description: I went as Kaylee from Firefly this Halloween. I made the pattern for the jumpsuit, sewed it, made the patches, and painted a nylon parasol. Counting up the number of TV episodes and movies I watched while making this (and fixing mistakes), I'd say it was at least 45 hours of crafting. That's longer than all of Firefly! Cry As always, I learned a lot and became a better seamstress. For example, I learned how to sew this kind of zipper, among other things.
Project Picture:

Prompt: zap #4
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points: 
Project Name: 5 years of Halloween collage
Project Link:  see below
Brief Description: I set myself the challenge of making a costume a year for 5 years to help me become better at my hobby and give myself permission to sew just because I wanted to. I've always loved costumes. I started with Little Red Riding Hood, then a carrier pigeon, circus performer, Agent Carter, and, finally, Kaylee. I learned so much from each. I still have much to learn and even more to master, but I'm really glad I did this! I even made this collage. That counts as photo editing, right?
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016 08:59:25 AM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainmidnight
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2016 07:51:36 AM »

Prompt:  October - Geometry
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points:N/A
Project Name: Dice Bag
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: This bag is meant to held various dice of various interesting shapes!
Project Picture:

Also, roler made me do it! And hi everyone!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016 02:18:55 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged
roler
« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2016 07:54:11 AM »

Calabaza - I love all your Halloween stuff! The Sherlock hat looks great!  And all your costumes are so fun; the Kaylee jumpsuit is ADORABLE! I'd be tempted to just wear that around year-round. Smiley

scaramouche - Wow, leatherworking! That sounds really challenging!!  Your period costumes are so well done and lovely.  They make me miss being in RenFaire. Smiley

rainmidnight - Yaaaaay thank you for joining Team Multimedia!! XD (Full disclosure; she is a friend of mine and I twisted her arm to come join us over here. Smiley)  I love the dice bag! The shiny fabric is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2016 08:17:24 AM »

CraftADDchick – The bicycle tracking log is a great idea! Hopefully your bike assembled as well as the log. Looks great!

LovelyMiss-  The owl ornaments are adorable! Love the idea of the lights as the hangers.

Smeddley – Funny hoop! And the letters are so clear and neat.

ActsofCraftiness – That bread looks scrumptious!!

Scaramouche – Fantastic dress and the belt is cool looking too. The Leather vest is very neat too!

Calabaza – Those tiny macaron coin purses are adorable. I would go insane making something so small. You always do such a cool job and make them so adorable. Cute Halloween décor too. Neat hat! Love all the costumes you have had over the years!

Rainmidnight – Very neat bag! Looks like it keeps everything organized well.

I should have some items to post soon. I did some for a swap and I am just waiting for them to get there. The rest are taking longer than I expected but I am working!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2016 09:49:51 AM »

~*Congratulations, scaramouche!*~
You are the first to earn the "Erik Erikson" Challenge badge.

[

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

*Once revealed, a badge can be found in the Badge Center.*
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016 10:15:16 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2016 09:20:50 AM »

Prompt:  October Algebra
Team: Wordy!
Bonus Points: swaptastic
Project Name: Metallic cards, set one
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: I made these for the card and tag swap (made 2 sets). Written music is comprised of symbols.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  October Arithmetic
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points:swaptastic
Project Name: Metallic cards, set 2
Brief Description: I had to print the paper first, then apply color to the edges, then cut it to size at adhere it to the front of the card. Then I applied the lettering and embellishments.
Project Picture: see above

Prompt:  November Battle - Tesla
Bonus Points: Brain power (the turn lock was new for me!)
Project Name: Chr1stchan's Christmas gift
Brief Description: I made this for my DIL Chr1stchan for Christmas. NO PEEKING Chr1stchan!  Cheesy This is for Tesla because he wanted to create a power source that would be free for everyone, and Gozer generously donated many of the supplies for this project.
Project Picture:

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/272973_14Nov16_IMG_4104.JPG

Prompt:  November Anning
Project Name: Holiday tags
Brief Description: All of the supplies for these tags came from my stash.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  November  Lovelace
Project Name: MLP tags
Brief Description: I printed the ponies from my computer and then adhered them to fun papers and cardstock to create these tags.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  November  Erikson
Project Name: Winter animal cards
Brief Description: Papercrafting is a skill I have developed over time.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockingbearranch

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2016 10:14:34 AM »

Prompt:  UFO - McMinnville Photographs
Bonus Points: WIP It, Swaptastic, Black and White
Project Name: Owl Mug Rug
Project Link:
Brief Description: I started making a table runner but took out a few pieces to make this mug rug. I'll probably make the rest of the material into placemats instead of a runner. I have a round Saarinen tulip table so it makes more sense. This was from the recent Halloween swaps. Some of the material was from a Nerd Battles prize from LovelyMiss.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016 10:16:16 AM by rockingbearranch » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2016 10:32:45 AM »

Prompt:  October - Geometry
Team: Wordy!!
Bonus Points: -0-
Project Name: Recover Chairs
Brief Description: My chairs were getting gross. Lots of cat hair and spills. I switched it up for this Geometric pattern. I did all four and it was my first time recovering any furniture.  Tongue
Project Picture:
Before and After

Prompt:  October – Arithmetic
Bonus Points: Community, Swaptastic.
Project Name: Painted Hoop
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=450787.0
Brief Description: I made this hoop for LovelyMiss. I got inspired from her Pinterest and the watercolor type splatter painting. I had to do it all in a certain order, drawing the face, dripping the ink, touch ups and layers, then putting it in the hoop.
Project Picture:

Prompt: November – Erik Erikson
Bonus Points: Community, Swaptastic.
Project Name: Gray Floral Purse
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=450789.0
Brief Description: This was also made for LovelyMiss in the Games Swap. Sewing is a skill I have developed and improved over time.  I also wanted to say thanks to MissLovely for doing such a wonderful job on the Games. It was a privilege to be partnered with her in the Swap!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockingbearranch

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2016 10:38:34 AM »

Prompt:  Red Alert - Double Trouble
Bonus Points: WIP It, Swaptastic
Project Name: Dracula Teeth Ball
Project Link:
Brief Description: I picked up a big bag of 1970s rug yarn from the thrift a few years ago. At some point I started making these balls that I didn't do anything with. They are kind of like tribbles. I think I used them all and then I find another one. I made this one into a silly Dracula Jack 'o Lantern. The ball is needle felted and is very dense.

For the prompt, my swap partner is in Australia where the climate won't grow pumpkins for Halloween. Youtubers have tried carving watermelons and pineapples instead. I have always loved carving pumpkins but this year I just smashed them into the compost pile for the chickens to eat. We buy pumpkins regularly for them. The chickens eat any that sprout, especially if they blossom, so I can't grow them myself. When a chicken has a yummy treat, they run around and the others chase them. It is a fun game and how they share food. It's funny when they do it with a blossom.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi

« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2016 10:44:16 AM »

The little pumpkin is cute!  All eyes and teeth, perfect for Halloween!

The chairs... Oh, I love how they turned out! So great!

And the hoop and the purse... perfect! I bet LovelyMiss is thrilled with them, and you are right, Gozer, she is amazing and deserves so much thanks for all of her hard work at making the Games so much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad
@Home This Weekend: St. Patrick's Day Wreath
March 13, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...