A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
309 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jeans recon into a skirt. Diagram only. No instruction. Need help  (Read 1481 times)
Tags for this thread: jeans_recon_skirt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
danesnpits
« on: September 02, 2016 10:25:19 PM »

I would love to make this. I have been staring at it over and over for months trying to figure out where to cut, what pieces go where, where to sew. I am so at my wits end that I thought I would ask. I have no clue how it even joins in the back and slits up the front. How to ruffle that one piece. UGH. This is a nightmare but such a dream of mine to make! I hope someone can guide me on this one. I am a very beginner sewer.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
noelle
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016 04:19:03 AM »

well, her drawing is cute and all, but you can't make this skirt out of one pair of jeans. there is not enough fabric to make the lower skirt bit.
i can draw you a diagram if you'd like, but it will take a bit. having issues with Illustrator at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noelle
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016 05:11:08 AM »

ok, i've included the back view as i imagine it...

here's a diagram showing the whole lower skirt bit. dashed lines are flare added to front & side back pieces.

the back skirt pieces separated. you will need to add seam allowances. the arrows are approximate grain lines.

the front skirt pieces. the flounce can be spread as much or as little as you like. more spreading = drapier, flouncier. less spreading = straigher, flatter.

if this is still something you are interested in, i can walk you through more of the construction bits another time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danesnpits
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016 05:19:11 PM »

Noelle thank you so much! Yikes I looked at all your drawings and thought this is somthing to be done by an expert. I am such a basic sewer. The photo lead me to believe it was simple if you made the right cut into the jeans. I still do want to make it but am scared of my capability. Thank you again for taking the time to explain it to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian
@Home This Weekend: For The Birds
November 6, 2019 Featured Projects

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...