A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
154 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junk Journal-along 2019 - Let's keep on making books!  (Read 17487 times)
Tags for this thread: junk_journal , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Wulf

Long Live Craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2016 07:54:06 AM »

"Hey! How did I miss this craft-along?" I thought. Then I looked at the date - oh yeah, I missed a lot of August and September. But 2016 isn't over yet, and I do have a pile of stuff waiting to be made into a journal. Let's see how I do in a week or so once I get caught up on the rest of my most pressing UFOs!

Craftylittlemonkey, you never do make only one of anything, do you? I was just looking at your 5 sock monkeys and now a whole table of junk journals! I love the idea of small journals for kids to write in day-by-day. They'll lose interest in them as soon as they're done, but if you scoop them up and store them away, they'll one day be their greatest treasures!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016 06:03:57 PM »

I keep making books but these were for a swap. Finished size is about 6" x 6".

Cover made from grocery bag, you can see that I did use my Crop-A-Dile and grommets on the spine. Label is from Target Dollar Spot.

The inside cover is a half sheet of scrapbook paper - I did glue the grocery bag and scrapbook paper together but left the edges glue-free for sewing.

Pages include lots of scraps and junk from my arty endeavors - painted papers, atlas pages, scrapbook paper, tags and other goodies from Daiso and other dollar stores/clearance sections of craft stores, envelopes and even a plastic page protector cut in half.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016 06:20:11 PM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016 06:18:45 PM »

So it's easier for me to work in multiples so here is the second (and the 3rd and 4th are still in progress!)

You can see that I used many of the same elements in the books - that's why it's better to make in groups of two or four - when you rip something in half - you can make two pages! Also used calendar pages and
advertisement flyers. I'm wary of decorating too much - I want the receiver to be able to decide if they will write in it, glue or paint the pages.

Now I need to finish the other two!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2016 03:19:57 PM »

Painted a bunch of paper today with coffee (it was the featured medium in the art room today) - vellum, a map, construction paper, envelopes, file folders and more. I will attempt a coffee-themed book for a friend. I have a stencil (Crafter's Workshop, I think) with cups and mugs so that will feature also in the design.

Will paint some scrapbook paper tonight also - not sure how that will look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2016 03:22:57 PM »

Your books look great. Love the little bunny person place holder, so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
SonjaBoo
Release the Craftin'!

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016 04:12:17 AM »

Oh man, I am just finding this craftalong! I definitely have some projects to share. Will try to take some pics when I go home tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016 10:46:23 AM »

No worries - I plan to continue this next year/month. I'll change the name after Xmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandykaye
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2016 12:44:18 AM »

I love all the inspiration! I have a couple of 70's cook books that I have started to covert to journal form. I've just removed pages at this point, so nothing really to see yet. I hope to have them going after the holidays Wink I always love journals, but never really commit to making them or using them. So one of my goals for 2017 is to actually finish stuff and try new techniques! I've been scouring YouTube for inspiration and was inspired by LittleRavenInk. Her art isn't really my style, but I like her videos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2017 11:11:41 AM »

Got all of my papers organized for the new year!  This area of my craft room is just for junk journal making!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2017 08:54:36 PM »

I'm working on getting organized, but here is the book/journal I'm working on!
A 1970's cook book!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...